BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

08-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Arrow Speeding Ticket in VA Update

So I wanna say I appreciate all the help and replies when I first got this speeding violation. You guys truly helped me out here. And quick side note, I also posted the same Speeding Ticket help in the general forum and people were just stupid and ridiculous in their answers and it was a pain, but here in the Mid-Atlantic forum you guys were all class and I wanna say THANKS AGAIN!!

So anyways, I ended up contacting a couple lawyers to see how things work down in Northampton, VA. It's not as bad as I thought, to an extent. My speeding ticket was for 73/55 zone, luckily 3mph away from Reckless. I was told it was for 4 points and there is no Cost amount on the ticket, so I called the Northampton Court and they said it was up to the Judge, and they also confirmed what the Lawyers have been saying, they say as long as my Driving Record was CLEAN, I Don't have a CDL and I haven't taken a Driver's Education Safety Course in the past 3 Years I should be fine with just showing up or getting a Lawyer to show up for me and as long as I meet the 3 above mentioned criteria, I am looking at whatever the Judge determines as a fine for the Violation, having to take a Drivers Safety Course, either there or online, likely online and $61 in court costs. And as long as I pass/complete the course and send it back to the courts there should be no points and just the fine and court cost.

Hopefully this works out for me and now I just need to decide, do I spend the money on gas and a hotel or do I spend that money on the lawyer so I don't have to go? The drive is a little more than 4 hours, and considering I am gonna be driving the Speed Limit, it's gonna take over 4 hours. Also the cost of gas in my M to and from and the cost of a hotel. Or do I just pay the lawyers anywhere between $250-$350 to do it for me? But kinda wanna do some late fishing maybe when I'm down that way. Who knows!

Thanks again for the help everyone and can you guys tell me if what I wrote sounds true as well? I mean the lawyers and clerks office at the court said pretty much the same thing? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
GL!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
GL!
Thanks, how you liking that Frozen M3? I wanted one but when I was told about how much care you need with the paint I passed cuz my M is my DD. Definitely bad ass tho. If I had another ride would have a frozen red right now!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3
Quote:
GL!
Thanks, how you liking that Frozen M3? I wanted one but when I was told about how much care you need with the paint I passed cuz my M is my DD. Definitely bad ass tho. If I had another ride would have a frozen red right now!!
Love it, thanks! It's my DD, and I plan on enjoying it and not worrying about scratches etc... It will definitely take a beating, and I'm just learning to live with it
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Love it, thanks! It's my DD, and I plan on enjoying it and not worrying about scratches etc... It will definitely take a beating, and I'm just learning to live with it
HAHAHA NICE!!!! I hear you kinda wish I had gotten it, I have Jerez Black and it's a pain in the ass to keep fresh! Good luck with it and you got any pics?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3
Quote:
HAHAHA NICE!!!! I hear you kinda wish I had gotten it, I have Jerez Black and it's a pain in the ass to keep fresh! Good luck with it and you got any pics?
A couple on my profile, and in an early post titled "my new baby" (or something like that...).
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

From the sound of it, lawyer option is cheaper for you. Go for that.
      09-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
So I wanna say I appreciate all the help and replies when I first got this speeding violation. You guys truly helped me out here. And quick side note, I also posted the same Speeding Ticket help in the general forum and people were just stupid and ridiculous in their answers and it was a pain, but here in the Mid-Atlantic forum you guys were all class and I wanna say THANKS AGAIN!!

So anyways, I ended up contacting a couple lawyers to see how things work down in Northampton, VA. It's not as bad as I thought, to an extent. My speeding ticket was for 73/55 zone, luckily 3mph away from Reckless. I was told it was for 4 points and there is no Cost amount on the ticket, so I called the Northampton Court and they said it was up to the Judge, and they also confirmed what the Lawyers have been saying, they say as long as my Driving Record was CLEAN, I Don't have a CDL and I haven't taken a Driver's Education Safety Course in the past 3 Years I should be fine with just showing up or getting a Lawyer to show up for me and as long as I meet the 3 above mentioned criteria, I am looking at whatever the Judge determines as a fine for the Violation, having to take a Drivers Safety Course, either there or online, likely online and $61 in court costs. And as long as I pass/complete the course and send it back to the courts there should be no points and just the fine and court cost.

Hopefully this works out for me and now I just need to decide, do I spend the money on gas and a hotel or do I spend that money on the lawyer so I don't have to go? The drive is a little more than 4 hours, and considering I am gonna be driving the Speed Limit, it's gonna take over 4 hours. Also the cost of gas in my M to and from and the cost of a hotel. Or do I just pay the lawyers anywhere between $250-$350 to do it for me? But kinda wanna do some late fishing maybe when I'm down that way. Who knows!

Thanks again for the help everyone and can you guys tell me if what I wrote sounds true as well? I mean the lawyers and clerks office at the court said pretty much the same thing? Thanks
The lawyer option is a safer bet. For one you won't have to spend money driving there/hotels/your time (which most people don't place an accurate 'value' on)/etc. For another, the lawyer is -sure- to get you a good deal, where if you go yourself you could end up with questions you don't know how to answer, or get steamrolled somehow. Even if the Lawyer turned out to be a few bucks more, it's money well spent IMO. Good luck with whatever you choose
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Superhiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Saphire Black M4

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've gotten two similar tickets in the past year or so, and they ended up being either 5 or 6 point violations each... Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly in court!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

I would've forgotten about my ticket if it wasn't for this thread! Have until 09/15 to pay or my license gets suspended.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron
I would've forgotten about my ticket if it wasn't for this thread! Have until 09/15 to pay or my license gets suspended.
If you drove like I do you wouldn't have to worry about tickets
      09-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Jamerikan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Keep us posted
Appreciate 0