BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

04-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
abitrandom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 covertible

Issue with LUX Customer Service

Please tell me if I Am wrong?

Situation: I purchased Lux angel eyes H8 V3 a couple weeks ago. I received them last thursday.

Super Easy Install. However 1 Transformer was sketchy. It flickered as soon as it was connected. There was no butchering, nothing, I have valid photos and videos of the flicker I sent out to LUX for proof. I tried it on the other headlight and it still flickered. Conclusion: Transformer is dead.

I tossed out the yellow ones cause they are gross IMO. Now I am stuck driving with a flickered light thats completely dim. Its annoying.

I emailed Lux like 4 times they finally got back to me today saying ship back bad one with warranty, Warranty? I am a new customer. So they need to see it diagnose then send me another 1 in 10 days??

I drive my car to work everyday. I told them please accomodate, they came back emailing pay us 125 deposit for good faith? then we will refund once u send out old one. ?? Plus I have to pay shipping, this is absurd.

Now please tell me if I am wrong, why pay $125 in good faith when they have 250 of mine , they OWE me 125.. so they want me to hold $375 on my money while I only have 1 good transformer???

Does this make any sense? what if they send me a botched one again? I dont get this at all. Its just 1 transformer and I sent two videos, what else does he need?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Inspect your connectors. You may have to utilize a pair of pliers to re-orient the pins as they can be a bit flimsy and retract inside the connector.

This is a common issue we've experienced with the LUX and can cause the flickering issue you are experiencing - but is an easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Typical of parts sellers. Customer service is dead these days. Vendors will not go out of their way for you. I could give you a narrative on the crappy service from several big named forum vendors.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

What's the big deal with paying a $125 deposit?

You'll get it back in the end when you return the busted one.

You drive an M3 bro, I don't think the $125 tied up for a week or two is going to kill you.

My advice is to send the busted one in to make sure the LED's are a perfect match.

I had an advanced replacement sent to me and the LED's were a LITTLE off due to being from a different batch. (replacement was a little warmer in color)

In the end, I had to send the original back anyway.

I've dealt with Lux for warranty and they've stood behind their product IMO.

- KJ

Last edited by KJ; 04-17-2012 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I just want to let everyone know that this issue has already been resolved with Jorge through e-mail. We also were very clear with this situation in our all our e-mails and we apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
abitrandom
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
What's the big deal with paying a $125 deposit?

You'll get it back in the end when you return the busted one.

You drive an M3 bro, I don't think the $125 tied up for a week or two is going to kill you.

My advice is to send the busted one in to make sure the LED's are a perfect match.

I had an advanced replacement sent to me and the LED's were a LITTLE off due to being from a different batch. (replacement was a little warmer in color)

In the end, I had to send the original back anyway.

I've dealt with Lux for warranty and they've stood behind their product IMO.

- KJ
So just cough up $125 because I drive an M3? I guess nowadays the Vendor is correct and not the customer? This is the most amateur response I ever heard, how about you pay it big Shot!

Buy a product thats $250 dollars, if it comes broken, keep paying deposits until you get a new one???
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitrandom View Post
So just cough up $125 because I drive an M3? I guess nowadays the Vendor is correct and not the customer? This is the most amateur response I ever heard, how about you pay it big Shot!

Buy a product thats $250 dollars, if it comes broken, keep paying deposits until you get a new one???
Almost any vendor, in any industry, has return service on parts DOA. They will not advance replace the part without a further deposit.

I've had nothing but awesome experiences with LUX.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:

A $125 deposit is giving you all this angst? You realize you get it back, right?

You asked: "Please tell me if I Am wrong?"

I'm afraid the answer is yes. Sounds like they took care of the situation (good), but a deposit/hold on a CC is just about the most minor inconvenience in the world, IMO. A little flexibility from both vendor/buyer is the key to long-term success.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
Inspect your connectors. You may have to utilize a pair of pliers to re-orient the pins as they can be a bit flimsy and retract inside the connector.

This is a common issue we've experienced with the LUX and can cause the flickering issue you are experiencing - but is an easy fix.
+1 I had the same problem. It was able to push the connection in enough to get it to stick and all is good, no big deal. I thought I may have pulled on the wire when installing. It is so cramped in there that you have to put some tension on those wires to get everything into place.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

If you don't want to pay the deposit, send in your old one and wait for them to fix it and send it back. EASY!!!

That takes time as shipping is involved and you didn't want to wait so long.

So now you want them to send you an advanced replacement to minimize your downtime. Getting a $125 deposit for that is nothing. You're making a HUGE deal about something so small. You put that deposit on your credit card and chances are that you'll get it credited back on your card before you even have to pay it.

Lux is a trusted vendor on this forum, they're not going to run away with your money.

You on the other hand could never return the light and Lux would be stuck holding the bag unless they got your deposit.

And judging by how over the top and unreasonable you are acting right now, I think you're one of the reason's they have a $125 deposit policy in the first place.

- KJ
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
marksae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS View Post

I had a similar issue. One of the pins got unclipped from the connector, which resulted in poor contact on one of the wires. I used a pair of pliers to pull the pin all the way into the connector and the problem was solved.

IG: @gearheadtwins
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

If you want advanced replacement for a defective part it is common not only with car parts manufacturers but almost everything now that you will pay a deposit with the understanding that you will get refunded once the defective part is received. As far as being responsible for shipping, that seems to be 50/50 among manufacturers. I don't see any problem with the way LUX handled it. Your downtime is partly your own fault for throwing away the OEM lamps if you knew as soon as you connected the LUX that something wasn't right.
      04-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
abitrandom
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
If you want advanced replacement for a defective part it is common not only with car parts manufacturers but almost everything now that you will pay a deposit with the understanding that you will get refunded once the defective part is received. As far as being responsible for shipping, that seems to be 50/50 among manufacturers. I don't see any problem with the way LUX handled it. Your downtime is partly your own fault for throwing away the OEM lamps if you knew as soon as you connected the LUX that something wasn't right.

If a part is defective, its defective. it's 1 not 2 which eliminates the fishiness of being scammed. You send a new one out and you trust that it will come back. Why? Because the customer trusted the Vendor will send the product once the $250 was paid.. It should go both ways.

Don't create biased answers based on your good experience with them, I am glad you had good experiences IT SHOULD BE THAT WAY.

However if this happened to most of you - If you were new to forums and buying a product online, and trusted the forum,

I am sure you wouldnt want to send more money for them to hold especially knowing they sent you a defective peice. Notice that the people defending them bought from them in the past.

I wont be responsible for shipping - thats for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
If a part is defective, its defective. it's 1 not 2 which eliminates the fishiness of being scammed. You send a new one out and you trust that it will come back.
I take it you don't own your own business?

FYI, I've never bought anything from LUX.

Quote:
However if this happened to most of you - If you were new to forums and buying a product online, and trusted the forum,
I think it is now obvious you are new to buying products online.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can we please stop arguing about this issue everyone please. We have already talked to the OP and are resolving the issue for him.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
abitrandom
Private First Class
Rep

New to buying a product for an m3 recommended by this forum new to Lux, hence first time buyer.

And owning your own business is irrelevant to my previous statement, other businesses operate in that matter when provided proof. So if you buy a cell phone via a carrier and it doesn't work you have to ship first then receive later .. No

Plenty of more examples if you need let me know to stimulate your mind.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Gimme gimme gimme...

Your first mistake was e-mailing them. What kind of person just e-mails a whole bunch of times? If you knew anything about proper communication, you'd CALL them and then follow up with an e-mail (although chances are if you had called them in the first place, this thread wouldn't even exist).

So you're pissed that you're not getting another part from them for free without returning the defective part? That's not the way the world works with internet shopping.

I know for a fact that LUX ships their parts with multiple contact cards in there with phone numbers and e-mail addresses (I know because I received one). Stop living behind your keyboard and pick up the telephone.
      04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
abitrandom
Private First Class
Rep

They have no number i asked for it and i checked website and nothing. I didnt want to email. And no business cards with their shipment.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
?..I drive my car to work everyday. I told them please accomodate, they came back emailing pay us 125 deposit for good faith? then we will refund once u send out old one. ?? Plus I have to pay shipping, this is absurd.

Now please tell me if I am wrong, why pay $125 in good faith when they have 250 of mine , they OWE me 125.. so they want me to hold $375 on my money while I only have 1 good transformer???

Does this make any sense? what if they send me a botched one again? I dont get this at all. Its just 1 transformer and I sent two videos, what else does he need?
Then I guess HP, Cisco, Netgear, Seagate etc are all in the same boat
I've put deposits on everything that I need to be replaced quickly
I could either ship my faulty unit to them, wait till the get it, and then they ship me one
Or pay a deposit, and they send me a new one first, then I get to ship the old one back
Standard practice, at least in the IT world
      04-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
If a part is defective, its defective. it's 1 not 2 which eliminates the fishiness of being scammed. You send a new one out and you trust that it will come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I take it you don't own your own business?

FYI, I've never bought anything from LUX.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I think it is now obvious you are new to buying products online.
+1 You paid with a credit card???..there is this fantastic feature called disputing a charge..if your apparent paranoia becomes justified..

Pay the money get your lights..get on with life..

And I am bias... have had them on my car for almost a year.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
New to buying a product for an m3 recommended by this forum new to Lux, hence first time buyer.

And owning your own business is irrelevant to my previous statement, other businesses operate in that matter when provided proof. So if you buy a cell phone via a carrier and it doesn't work you have to ship first then receive later .. No

Plenty of more examples if you need let me know to stimulate your mind.
Your example doesn't hold water because your carrier can throw the cost of the replacement phone onto your bill if you don't send back your defective phone.

LUX doesn't have that option.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #22
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
If a part is defective, its defective. it's 1 not 2 which eliminates the fishiness of being scammed. You send a new one out and you trust that it will come back. Why? Because the customer trusted the Vendor will send the product once the $250 was paid.. It should go both ways.

Don't create biased answers based on your good experience with them, I am glad you had good experiences IT SHOULD BE THAT WAY.

I am sure you wouldnt want to send more money for them to hold especially knowing they sent you a defective peice. Notice that the people defending them bought from them in the past.

I wont be responsible for shipping - thats for sure.
Where did I mention that I had a good experience with them? I don't even own LUX H8s. I have AIBs because I had the original LUX H8s that got recalled and decided to go another direction. My opinion has nothing to do with my previous experience with LUX. It has to do with what you don't seem to understand is common among the majority of companies. By your admission, you screwed up by throwing your OEM lamps away and now you want someone else to front you a part to account for that. From LUXs point of view, how do they know your part is really defective? What if they sent you another set and you end up keeping both because the original was never defective at all? Now their out 2 sets of product with only 1 paid for. How is that fair? The only way for them to verify that your product is defective is to see it and test it themselves.