BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

05-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Best time to buy an M3?

My lease end is coming up in Sept and I've decided between purchasing a used e9x M3 or leasing a f80 M3.

I've been checking out the pricing and it seems to have gone down a bit after the f8x M's were revealed. However, a lot of the e9x prices are still high (especially from dealers). If I do decide to go the purchasing a second hand m3 route, when will be the best time to do so? Would prices drop drastically after the new M's start hitting the streets?

I think buying a used M is the smarter decision, but the new M's are so tempting. Does anyone remember what happened to e46 M3 prices after the e9x's came out?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
The next few months should be good. The 2011s went on sale 4 years ago, so a lot of people may be looking to get out of their cars before the warranty expires. The 2011 E92 M3 was the year that the competition package came out and the tail lights were updated to LED. There weren't any more significant changes for the rest of the life cycle, so the 2011 will look like a 2013. Also, with the M4 coming out soon, the prices may drop a little.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

I don't think the F80 coming out will affect the price to much. I just bought mine. If you find the car you really want you buy it. Turns out they aren't making a V8 anymore....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Find a low mileage one while you still can. I sold my 2011 and regretted it. Bought a CPO'ed 2013 two weeks ago with 6500 miles. The S65 is the pinnacle of m groupe and the last fire breathing M motor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
My lease end is coming up in Sept and I've decided between purchasing a used e9x M3 or leasing a f80 M3.

I've been checking out the pricing and it seems to have gone down a bit after the f8x M's were revealed. However, a lot of the e9x prices are still high (especially from dealers). If I do decide to go the purchasing a second hand m3 route, when will be the best time to do so? Would prices drop drastically after the new M's start hitting the streets?

I think buying a used M is the smarter decision, but the new M's are so tempting. Does anyone remember what happened to e46 M3 prices after the e9x's came out?
Conventional wisdom says to always buy used to save money. Leasing new M3/M4, you're probably looking at least $900+ in payments.

For true car enthusiasts, the S65 engine will the last of its kind from BMW. So, they're probably going to keep there cars (like me). Guys who don't care and simply want the newest/latest, will turn their cars in at lease end or try to get out of it earlier. Since you're lease is up in Sept,, wait and see how many will turn their current cars in when the new M3/M4 are shipping starting in June. You have the luxury of waiting.

My $.02
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0