BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

Mporium BMW

09-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
Bion_
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Wanted: Rotors/Pads/Sensors

Just looking to replace my brakes. Everything is worn down and with the car new to me I'd like to just change it all out. I'm also looking for recommendations. Not trying to go all out as I don't track the car at all. I was looking at the Zimmerman brake kit.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...e9xm3brakekit2

but are there only 3 brake pad sensors on the car? Confused me a bit.

If anyone has something to add for my consideration please share. Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
lmendz71
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Interlagos Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion_ View Post
Just looking to replace my brakes. Everything is worn down and with the car new to me I'd like to just change it all out. I'm also looking for recommendations. Not trying to go all out as I don't track the car at all. I was looking at the Zimmerman brake kit.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...e9xm3brakekit2

but are there only 3 brake pad sensors on the car? Confused me a bit.

If anyone has something to add for my consideration please share. Thanks everyone!
I just did brake DIY all four corners and ain't that bad. It's just pretty dirty! Only drivers rear has no sensor. I bought my parts at getbmwparts.com. Make sure to check your brake fluid level while pushing the piston caliper back coz mine overflowed! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Bion_
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmendz71 View Post
I just did brake DIY all four corners and ain't that bad. It's just pretty dirty! Only drivers rear has no sensor. I bought my parts at getbmwparts.com. Make sure to check your brake fluid level while pushing the piston caliper back coz mine overflowed! Good luck!
Definitely will do! I appreciate it. I have changed my rotors and pads on the old 09 335i, but I know they're not the same. I enjoy doing it though. Any special tools needed? I'll check out your DIY.
Appreciate 0