BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

Today, 12:14 AM   #11463
kpewpew
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

@Bartledoo aligned by a friend, who owns/runs a shop, and runs 1:37.8 at Laguna in his S2000, so I trusted him to set whatever. Just shared that I liked -3.5 front camber and -2.0 rear camber. He reduced my toe-in from previous alignments of just the tip of toe-in to right on 0" and kept a bit of rear toe-in.

This time around, my alignment wasn't as messed up as I expected! Ran the car through 2 days at Thunderhill East and 1 day at Laguna, with a bunch of curb usage
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Bartledoo792.00

Today, 01:37 AM   #11464
gmx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Hmm I have noticed some cars have different caster pretty much as a direct result of the top plate. Are yours JRZs?
I've noticed since going to a Bilstein top plate I've lost about 1deg where Mvez's thread has no actual caster just said "it's same as stock"
Vorshlags on middle setting (other settings are useless due to it's impact on camber) were still only around 6deg each total.
~Might be a 1M thing.~ Nope, stock they have 7deg.

CAD'ing up a new top plate to get to -4 without hella flushing the car and possibly adding caster holes. Inverted damper FTW.