BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

08-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
M3 Arrived at Port Hueneme Today

Spoke with my SA today and my car is here! I'm sure a couple others arrived today on the same vessle. SA says it should be ready for pick up Thursday or Friday next week from the dealer which is awesome so I can install my supercharger Saturday
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Spoke with my SA today and my car is here! I'm sure a couple others arrived today on the same vessle. SA says it should be ready for pick up Thursday or Friday next week from the dealer which is awesome so I can install my supercharger Saturday
Waiting has to be the worst experience ever! Its so close yet so far!
      08-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Congratulations! My car arrived at the dealership last night. Today, I got the chance to see her. I'm so freakin' excited! I pick up Monday.
      08-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Waiting has to be the worst experience ever! Its so close yet so far!
And doing ED like you are contemplating must even be worse...since you already get to pick it up...drive it for a few days...and then have to wait over a month for it to show up in the states!
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Congratulations! My car arrived at the dealership last night. Today, I got the chance to see her. I'm so freakin' excited! I pick up Monday.
Wow that was fast...was your car dropped off on the East Coast or West Coast? I remember our cars were shipped around the same time so I'm assuming yours didn't have to make the path through the panama canal. Congrats and post some pics when you can!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Wow that was fast...was your car dropped off on the East Coast or West Coast? I remember our cars were shipped around the same time so I'm assuming yours didn't have to make the path through the panama canal. Congrats and post some pics when you can!
Yes, you guys have to wait longer because it goes through the Panama canal. I'm about 'central' (near Toronto, Ontario). So after it got discharged from the boat on the east coast last Thursday, it travelled by train to Toronto over the course of 6 days - although it might have only taken 3 if the train hadn't broken down. Then it was supposed to take 2 to 3 days to arrive at the dealership by truck, but it made it in 1 day.

If you pick it up next Thursday or Friday, I'm guessing it will arrive at your dealership Tuesday or Wednesday!

I posted a couple of pics of the dirty car in the Canadian tracking thread (as we're not supplied with an on-line tracking system by BMW): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=85
      08-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, you guys have to wait longer because it goes through the Panama canal. I'm about 'central' (near Toronto, Ontario). So after it got discharged from the boat on the east coast last Thursday, it travelled by train to Toronto over the course of 6 days - although it might have only taken 3 if the train hadn't broken down. Then it was supposed to take 2 to 3 days to arrive at the dealership by truck, but it made it in 1 day.

If you pick it up next Thursday or Friday, I'm guessing it will arrive at your dealership Tuesday or Wednesday!

I posted a couple of pics of the dirty car in the Canadian tracking thread (as we're not supplied with an on-line tracking system by BMW): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=85
Wow quite an adventure with the train breaking down! Anyway that's an absolutely beautiful exterior color...it's going to be quite a love affair keeping it spotless! I take it this isn't going to be driven much in the winter? This is going to be my daily driver so I wanted the least cleaning commitment possible so I got Mineral White. I think I washed my 335 like 5 times in 3 yrs

I'm told by my SA that the M3 will spend about a week at the VDC in Oxnard where it will get some carbon fibre add-on's and other prep, and should be ready to pick up as soon as the dealership gets it. I'm just now reading the manual but I will need a week to figure out all this DCT/MDM, etc stuff as I'm a slow learner. And I just got to the break-in part...so I can't redline this thing right out of the lot???
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Congrats to Julie and Longboarder. Mine just finished production yesterday, so it will be sitting around watching all the other cars. 11 days until we pick her up at the Welt

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow quite an adventure with the train breaking down! Anyway that's an absolutely beautiful exterior color...it's going to be quite a love affair keeping it spotless! I take it this isn't going to be driven much in the winter? This is going to be my daily driver so I wanted the least cleaning commitment possible so I got Mineral White. I think I washed my 335 like 5 times in 3 yrs

I'm told by my SA that the M3 will spend about a week at the VDC in Oxnard where it will get some carbon fibre add-on's and other prep, and should be ready to pick up as soon as the dealership gets it. I'm just now reading the manual but I will need a week to figure out all this DCT/MDM, etc stuff as I'm a slow learner. And I just got to the break-in part...so I can't redline this thing right out of the lot???
Haha, yes, we'll have to endure through the break-in period now.

Carbon fibre parts - that will look great on Mineral White! Mineral White is a terrific color for the M. I've seen two in person. Yes, cleaning will be less of a chore. I've been lucky with dark/ black cars - which I use year round - and haven't had any real issues. But I have a lot of patience for handwashing and waxing my cars.

I'll be waiting for pics of your car!
      08-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Congrats to Julie and Longboarder. Mine just finished production yesterday, so it will be sitting around watching all the other cars. 11 days until we pick her up at the Welt
Congrats!! Are you stoked for your ED?? It will be awesome.
      08-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Major excitement about ED. Still working out the full trip plan, working on a special ///M destination that I hope to be able to share once we get back.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Yay =)

Quote:
Another long week and a half here. Almost there.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Major excitement about ED. Still working out the full trip plan, working on a special ///M destination that I hope to be able to share once we get back.
You've got quite the M stable don't you?

Congrats on doing ED delivery...hmmm "special" destination? Quite a few to choose from...the Ring, Autobahn, Alps, etc...!?!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
So your sig says you are doing PDC. If so, let me ask you something....I was just reading the owners manual about the break in period. Something about being particularly careful for the first 300 miles: not flooring it at all and not taking it above 5,500 rpm. Then for the first 1,200 miles: again, not exceeding 5,500 rpm and WOT for short durations only.

When you do PDC, don't you take your car on their track? It would be difficult to keep within these parameters if so.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:

That is desperately pretty, Julie. Azurite Black is my favorite color of all-time.
      08-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You've got quite the M stable don't you?

Congrats on doing ED delivery...hmmm "special" destination? Quite a few to choose from...the Ring, Autobahn, Alps, etc...!?!
Ya, it's a little nuts that two people have 4 ///M cars. The E30 doesn't get driven a lot, so we'll probably let that go later in the year, and the E36 will become for autocross and track use. Still sad about selling the M Coupe last year, but I'll feel better when I'm driving the new M3 in Germany

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

With PCD they give you a car to track that is similar to the

Quote:
So your sig says you are doing PDC. If so, let me ask you something....I was just reading the owners manual about the break in period. Something about being particularly careful for the first 300 miles: not flooring it at all and not taking it above 5,500 rpm. Then for the first 1,200 miles: again, not exceeding 5,500 rpm and WOT for short durations only.

When you do PDC, don't you take your car on their track? It would be difficult to keep within these parameters if so.
One you order. I haven't been since March(we do business functions at the PC occasionally) but I've heard All the M3s now are '12 Competition coupes(they used to use the sedans a lot, almost exclusively for PC cars). Also everything on site is a MDCT or automatic (135, 335, 550, etc...) so I'll have a DCT in whatever coupe I get vs the 6sp I ordered. I won't get to drive my car until after lunch when we go across the street for the factory and museum tour... And then home (which for me is 1.5hrs) up I-85. Ill have to see what the break-in requirements are now but expecting the same 1200 mi term with no driving over 100 mph or 5500rpms until the fluids are changed. I'll be doing lots of trips lol... Need to get that first service done pronto

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Excited for you hpc3! I'll be looking forward to your PCD report.

Quote:
Maybe M Studio?? OMG, I would LOVE to see that...

Us Canadians get no ED discount and my husband didn't really want to drive our new car on roads he wasn't familiar with, so we took an ED-like trip instead... It was so awesome driving the Alps. It'll be paradise with your M.

Quote:

Nope, you get to abuse *their* M cars. Then you get to drive yours delicately home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
That is desperately pretty, Julie. Azurite Black is my favorite color of all-time.
Thanks NoM3ForM3!

I was worried for a bit, because it's rarely ordered as a color (although it's ordered more frequently in countries where there is an official Individual program). And it's really hard to capture accurately in photos. But I absolutely love it now. It's can be a 'true' black as well as a 'sparkly' blue.

Jerez Black is also nice and can have that nice metallic black look too. It has some violet (purple) - EDIT: it's actually "Lilac" - in its composition (while Azurite does not). And while a very nice paint tone on its own (as well as almost entirely M3-specific), I preferred the Azurite and thought, "oh well, I'm spending this much anyways..." We also get our individual paint as a package with the individual trim for cheaper than in the States.

Quote:
Ya, it's a little nuts that two people have 4 ///M cars. The E30 doesn't get driven a lot, so we'll probably let that go later in the year, and the E36 will become for autocross and track use. Still sad about selling the M Coupe last year, but I'll feel better when I'm driving the new M3 in Germany
I absolutely love the fact that you have a collection of M's. I truly hope to keep mine forever, and eventually have a little collection of my own later... I bought it with that intention.

Last edited by JulieDriving; 08-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: correcting paint composition info
Appreciate 0