BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #1475
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerboy View Post
Max ait temps seen 48c on track. This is flat out driving obviously not spirited road driving

Blue is rpm and white is air charge temp.

I was seeing close to 70c on last trackday without it, no logs though unfortunately, it was a much hotter day tho but it doesn’t make massive difference to overall ait.

The nozzle sprays at 4-5psi boost same as the secondary fuel pump.

Nozzle size is 640cc and is on or off, not progressive like some.
What was the days air temp?
      11-22-2023, 03:35 PM   #1476
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harrop E92 ZCP M3

DRLane Low teens centigrade. So around 8-10c less than the previous track day I attended.

I should have done a run without the injection on but just didn’t think to.

It makes a huge difference, it was evident as soon as I start using it on the road let alone the track.

The rotor pack is coolish to the touch after thrashing it.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6727.00
      11-22-2023, 03:42 PM   #1477
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Low teens centigrade. So around 8-10c less than the previous day.

I should have done a run without the injection on but just didn’t think to.

It makes a huge difference, it was evident as soon as I start using it on the road let alone the track.

The rotor pack is coolish to the touch after thrashing it.
Yeah - Maybe it was making a small improvement, but that’s likely compounded by the low teens temps. Try this when it’s > 30° C and I have little faith this does anything.

Is this Syvecs ECU logger software? Looks cool. Did you upgrade the IAT sensor to what Gareth recommended (threaded Weber?)

Thanks for sharing man!
      11-22-2023, 03:48 PM   #1478
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Yeah - Maybe it was making a small improvement, but that’s likely compounded by the low teens temps. Try this when it’s > 30° C and I have little faith this does anything.

Is this Syvecs ECU logger software? Looks cool. Did you upgrade the IAT sensor to what Gareth recommended (threaded Weber?)

Thanks for sharing man!
Not sure what the threaded Weber is in all honesty.

The programme is s view, the display programme for the data logging feature of the syvecs.

To reclassify the difference with water on or off is polar opposites.

I will try and do a run with it on and off on same day.

It stops the heat climbing nearly as far and then recovers really fast as you decel
Appreciate 2
DRLane3985.50
DrFerry6727.00
      11-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #1479
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Not sure what the threaded Weber is in all honesty.

The programme is s view, the display programme for the data logging feature of the syvecs.

To reclassify the difference with water on or off is polar opposites.

I will try and do a run with it on and off on same day.

It stops the heat climbing nearly as far and then recovers really fast as you decel
I tried this with varying nozzles, and boost levels and couldn’t get a material impact on track. When it’s < 20°C I generally wasn’t having issues anyway as the cool ambient air was a huge power improvement.

If you’ve found success then that is awesome! I’d be excited to explore it again in the future.

Here in Colorado USA, we’re high altitude and very dry heat. So most cooling efforts and or strategies are put to the test.

Keep us posted as you experiment.
      11-22-2023, 04:58 PM   #1480
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I tried this with varying nozzles, and boost levels and couldn’t get a material impact on track. When it’s < 20°C I generally wasn’t having issues anyway as the cool ambient air was a huge power improvement.

If you’ve found success then that is awesome! I’d be excited to explore it again in the future.

Here in Colorado USA, we’re high altitude and very dry heat. So most cooling efforts and or strategies are put to the test.

Keep us posted as you experiment.
It’s well documented that it works, however you need to have a issue with heat in the first place for it to be able to do anything and take heat out.

What platform were you doing it on? Was it a charger?

Doing it before blower should have a pretty drastic impact as the intake air doesn’t get scorched up to temp from the hot compressor blades, and once the meth is past the screws it aids in cooling the charge coolers then the actual charge itself.

Also worth noting: My charger is spinning faster than oem kit as running the larger main pulley, this in itself will create more heat.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-22-2023, 06:09 PM   #1481
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
It’s well documented that it works, however you need to have a issue with heat in the first place for it to be able to do anything and take heat out.

What platform were you doing it on? Was it a charger?

Doing it before blower should have a pretty drastic impact as the intake air doesn’t get scorched up to temp from the hot compressor blades, and once the meth is past the screws it aids in cooling the charge coolers then the actual charge itself.

Also worth noting: My charger is spinning faster than oem kit as running the larger main pulley, this in itself will create more heat.
I’m also on a Harrop running 9psi. We spoke offline about the Syvecs a while back when you got their stage 2 tune. My car is fairly built track machine.

You’re over-indexing success in very tame conditions. Again, I do not think this would do anything in hot ambient conditions.
      11-23-2023, 12:25 AM   #1482
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I’m also on a Harrop running 9psi. We spoke offline about the Syvecs a while back when you got their stage 2 tune. My car is fairly built track machine.

You’re over-indexing success in very tame conditions. Again, I do not think this would do anything in hot ambient conditions.

Yeah I remember, so your saying you have experience running the meth through the blower?

Time will tell how effective it is in summer, all I know is it rises a bit but caps the hike in temp unlike without, and as soon as you decel it quenches the heat that’s been added very quickly.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      12-19-2023, 11:08 AM   #1483
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

still waiting to see some 60-130 results from one of these on 85 running some worth wild boost.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 02:01 PM   #1484
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
still waiting to see some 60-130 results from one of these on 85 running some worth wild boost.
Do you have any data from yours you can share i.e. the 2011 E90M3 ESS G2, Active-Auto X-pipe, with RK FULL E85 tune?
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 2
      02-28-2024, 04:56 PM   #1485
RUG8RB8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 E93, many more

I have been absent for a long time, my apologies been crazy busy with work and traveling. I was looking on here to see if any new items have popped up concerning active E-85 real time adjustments based on measured (FF sensor) ethanol content. Lo and behold, on the BPM site, I see that Mike now offers a new software upgrade in conjunction with the APE flex fuel sensor, and the Harrop is an option not just the ESS and VF Engineering. I am curious if anybody has opted for this yet? If not, I have already sent out an email through my friend Brandon at Performance Technique. If this is a real option now, I will order and keep everyone posted about results.

https://www.bpmsport.com/ape-e85-flexfuel-m3.html

https://www.bpmsport.com/cars/bmw/m3...-revision.html

Heat soak, I think we must get the type of sensor and location replaced. Seriously, think that is a must. However, I daily drive my M3 still, quite heavy actually, have nearly 60K on the car post S/C. Yes, Mark I am past due on S/C oil change and still cant find good instructions on how it can be accomplished safely in the car. That being said the car runs flawlessly both in heavy CA traffic and on open road mountain twisties. It has literally, Never had a hiccup.
2009 E93 M3, Alpine White, Harrop S/C, BE Bearing Upgrade, ARP Custom Age 625+ rod bolts, Billet DCT Pan and Side Cover, Billet filter cover, Topspeed Quad Resonated 63mm X-pipe, Vangaurd Ti exhaust, 19" BBS Fi's, BPM DCT Tune, BPM Harrop Tune, almost every known early Failure/Leaky item brand new, Mr. 12V DSP MM Upgrade, CF Splitter & Diffuser, P3 Custom Multi Gauge, Lumar Ceramic Tint, 3M PPF

Last edited by RUG8RB8; 02-28-2024 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
CamasM3e933140.00
      02-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #1486
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I do not mean to derail the thread in any manner. I did want to build on the previous post and say that is BPM is working in conjunction with APE to provide true flex fuel capabilities for this platform, then I think many supercharged M3 owners (whether it be harrop, ESS, AA etc.) will want to utilize this.

I know in the northeast it is hard for me to obtain E85 consistently, and then it has to be drained and replaced with 93 octane once the weather gets cold and the ethanol content drops for the winter blend.
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 05:42 AM   #1487
OmairK
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 - 2011 E90 M3 6M ZCP

Considering the Harrop kit... Was also about to pull the trigger on the Infinity Auto Design Intake System. Will the intake port of the Supercharger 'Plenum' match with the intake? At first it looks like it might but I don't think it will.

Does any intake system (Dinan, AFE, MS, Eventuri, etc....) match up to the Harrop Plenum Inlet?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 09:46 AM   #1488
BlackPhoenix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E93 6MT VT2 625, JB/FR

I cannot say for the other options that you mentioned, but I was able to make the Technocraft intake system fit quite well. I was not able to get the elbow to fit, however, but I’m quite happy with the end result.
Attached Images

Last edited by BlackPhoenix; 04-16-2024 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 2
cchen9_321.50
nah dude237.00
      04-17-2024, 06:38 AM   #1489
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Has anyone ever looked into porting? Corvette guys get over 50whp from it.
Appreciate 0