BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #1
Hos
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6sp

Reverting to stock should be illegal - also coilpack request :)

Hey guys.

Over the last 8 months I have had a nightmare getting the yellow off my car. Unfortunately I had to completely revert to stock - wheels, suspension, aero, shifter, tints, tune, intake, exhaust... The works. Add airbag and battery harness recalls that inhibited a pass... And then all the bullshit that went wrong. Air pump failure, diff mounts, o2 sensors IAC, coolant sensor blah blah hahaha - im just having a whinge.

Ive had the car a very long time and have done 200k in it. Not a single problem until recently. It just annoys me that everything went south after pulling things off and re mapping etc. Anyway, happy to say sticker is off and its almost back to the way it was.

The reason for this post is I think I now have a suspected coil pack failure. Unfortunately error codes show misfires on all cylinders so i can't pinpoint it. Basically im getting missfires under slight load between 1500-2500rpm when warm. I was hoping someone in Perth had a spare coil pack they know is good so I can check do some tests and make sure its not something else like throttle actuators before shelling out a K for a new set.

Cheers all!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hos; 04-03-2019 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Location update
Appreciate 0