BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Encore xpipe vs AA

I had an encore for a long time. (HFC version) and really liked it. Took it off a couple months ago to try a couple rear end exhausts only (together too loud). Realized I really felt the power loss and really missed the higher pitched raspy sound of the xpipe so decided to try something else and got a hold of an AA pipe with HFC

As I stated in another thread and AA piping is .25 inch ID smaller than both stock and the encore pipe. AA is a touch quieter but also feels quite a bit quicker in the mid-range.

Makes sense to me smaller pipes would give some better mid-range (providing they are still large enough to flow enough which they are) but obviously did not dyno the two.

Anyone switch x-pipes and notice a difference between the two? (other brands too I mean)
Appreciate 0