BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #111
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucheli View Post
Hey Mark,

I must have miss you by little since I was at Hotel Miralago on May 13th on my way to Monaco.
This will bring you nice memories.
Nice memories??? Man, that was one of the roads that gave me the chills!!! Great little video though, everyone should look at so that they could see exactly how scenic (and hair raising) that road was. Thanks...gonna keep it for friends to view.

Too bad we didn't cross paths. Would have been great to meet up with someone. Great place though (aside from it being where it is!!1)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #112
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mark View Post
Does the M-Divison have tours or is it invite only?
Has to be arranged Mark, best way is to ask via BMWNA. One of the guys just did and was given the go ahead. Otherwise, if you know someone there, all the better.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #113
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Excellent Write-up and beautiful car!!!!!

Seeing the Rust Brown in your photos makes me a little sad I didn't go through with it for mine. Hopefully the Amarome will look just as good.

It must be awesome knowing that you have one of a kind M3!!!!

I will be in Ontario this July and again in September we will have to try and meet up one of those times!!!
      06-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #114
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Excellent Write-up and beautiful car!!!!!

Seeing the Rust Brown in your photos makes me a little sad I didn't go through with it for mine. Hopefully the Amarome will look just as good.

It must be awesome knowing that you have one of a kind M3!!!!

I will be in Ontario this July and again in September we will have to try and meet up one of those times!!!
I would definitely look forward to that!! And I'm pretty sure....no, positive....your BW and Amarone will look stunning, another very, very unique combo that I can't wait to see (pretty soon I guess??)

Thanks brother - talk soon, Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #115
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I would definitely look forward to that!! And I'm pretty sure....no, positive....your BW and Amarone will look stunning, another very, very unique combo that I can't wait to see (pretty soon I guess??)

Thanks brother - talk soon, Mark

I am getting Moonstone not BW. BW was my second choice though!

I will be in Ontario on July 19th or 20th for a day or two on my way to the east coast. I should be heading back through around the 2nd or 3rd of September an again will stay for a few days. I will PM you when I am in town!
      06-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #116
NagoC50
Rep
Drives: 328xi, M3

Mark --- My M is on the Boheme which left Bremerhaven today 6/4.

ETA for NY is 6/18

Given the fact that we were in the LogIn/LogOut lot on same day, we may be on the same boat. Check out the threads over on the 'fest to see how you can track that vessel by name if you want to really kill yourself for the next 2 weeks+.....
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #117
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

Mark ,Thank you for sharing you pics, your story and your support. I will finally get my Black M3 zcp with rust brown on june 25. That's what the dealer said . Hopefully they won't mess up things again. I'm really happy for you. Congratulations.
Guess it'll finally be one less thing on my "bucket list".
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #118
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Hello Mark,

We are neighbors! Nice car, hope you have much fun with it. I drove a M3 2002 for 4 years loved it now switched over to a Z4 sDrive 3.5i

I enjoyed your posts above very much it brought back memories when I was there last year in May.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #119
bond
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: future 5 series

Mark - beautiful car, thanks for the great post. Question from a fellow Canadian on the E.D:

1) As a Canadian, what currency is the E.D. priced in?

2) I'm in Western Canada. any recommendations on what dealers in the West are good to deal with for the E.D?

3) I assume that you have the normal warranty on the E.D just as if you purchased it normally through a Canadian dealer? And that the Cdn dealer that you arranged the sale through does the maintenance for this?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #120
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Bond, here's a quick breakdown of your questions:

1) You buy the car normally and negotiate your best deal normally. There's no price breaks for ED cars in Canada. The car must be fully paid for through your dealership before it's picked up in Munich. And you have to insure it (with your Cdn insurance company) when it offloads from the boat in Halifax.

2) Check into the Canada forum and ask the guys there. There's quite a few westerners on the board, they'll know best.

3) Again, warranty is as per the standard Cdn warranty which is good anywhere in North America.

Hope that helps, Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond View Post
Mark - beautiful car, thanks for the great post. Question from a fellow Canadian on the E.D:

1) As a Canadian, what currency is the E.D. priced in?

2) I'm in Western Canada. any recommendations on what dealers in the West are good to deal with for the E.D?

3) I assume that you have the normal warranty on the E.D just as if you purchased it normally through a Canadian dealer? And that the Cdn dealer that you arranged the sale through does the maintenance for this?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #121
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
What an absolutely FABULOUS thread! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, esp. the bad ones. Much appreciated; more helpful than the 'everything is fantastic' ones.

Your black competition wheels will look great on your car.

CONGRATS!
      06-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #122
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by defm View Post
Mark ,Thank you for sharing you pics, your story and your support. I will finally get my Black M3 zcp with rust brown on june 25. That's what the dealer said . Hopefully they won't mess up things again. I'm really happy for you. Congratulations.
Guess it'll finally be one less thing on my "bucket list".
defm, Please post pics of your interior - I am very interested in that interior.

MarkM - thanks for your pics to date (some were hilarious btw ) - please post more of your beautiful interior when you get her back.
      06-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #123
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Your black competition wheels will look great on your car.
Agree. And I am looking forward to seeing the car with these wheels as soon as Mark's M gets it back in his hands!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #124
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
defm, Please post pics of your interior - I am very interested in that interior.

MarkM - thanks for your pics to date (some were hilarious btw ) - please post more of your beautiful interior when you get her back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Agree. And I am looking forward to seeing the car with these wheels as soon as Mark's M gets it back in his hands!
Julie, mK, thanks guys and I'll be posting as soon as I can. On that note, let me add to the frustrations of ED.....

- Car was dropped off at Harms on 19 May and was loaded onto the boat on the 27th. Not too bad a time line I guess.

- Car took a mere 12 days to travel 3200 km's on a boat with a speed of 14 knots or so...pretty good IMO considering it had to stop in Belgium and England before arriving in Halifax on 08 June.

- Car was customs cleared in 1 day at Halifax - pretty good IMO

- Car was loaded onto a train bound for Toronto on 11 June and departed on 14 June, travelling 1500 km's and arriving on 18 June (with much thanks to BMWLVR for tracking it during the train ride), also pretty good.

- Car has SAT for 6 days in a rail yard, 30 km from the dealership, and it leaves today finally. 6 days!!! Ridiculous.

I expect delivery next week. Gonna be detailed, tinted and 3M cleared on front end and rocker panels beneath doors, wheel to wheel.

This is just TOO frustrating. And another "perk" for Canadian ED customers is that they have to insure their cars when they arrive at port. So I've been paying the premium since June 8th.

And my GTS wheels/tires didn't get shipped last week, they're still in Germany, supposed to be sent out this week. Don't know what the hold up is other than....well this is frustrating too 'cause I'm pretty sure they won't be here on time for me to pick up the car "as I ordered it". Crap. I told BMW Canada yesterday that quite frankly I was getting tired of the dealership visits, the endless e-mails and phone calls and was going into pout mode until it got here.

Fun....wow!!!

So we'll see what happens next week. Right now I'm packing up the Volvo, the dogs and lots of Sailor Jerry and heading to our little trailer in northern Ontario to drown my sorrows.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #125
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

But Mark, you still have one of the nicest M3's on here....

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #126
bond
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: future 5 series

[QUOTE=Mark's M;7541355]Bond, here's a quick breakdown of your questions:

1) You buy the car normally and negotiate your best deal normally. There's no price breaks for ED cars in Canada. The car must be fully paid for through your dealership before it's picked up in Munich. And you have to insure it (with your Cdn insurance company) when it offloads from the boat in Halifax.

Mark - thanks so much for your answer. I was under the impression that there was a price break for ED in Canada. Question then - what is the point of doing ED as a Canadian ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #127
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond View Post
Question then - what is the point of doing ED as a Canadian ?
The point of ED in general is to have an awesome European experience with your BMW. The cost savings is just a bonus. Until recently, M cars generally did not get a discount in the US either (In fact, this may still apply for the M5 and/or M6 - I'm not sure). However, people still did ED for M purchases simply because its such a great time.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #128
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
- Car has SAT for 6 days in a rail yard, 30 km from the dealership, and it leaves today finally. 6 days!!! Ridiculous.

Mark
That is quite a number of days to just be sitting there.

When my car was transported from Vancouver to Ontario (I bought one of the last remaining '10 335i coupes), it apparently also sat longer than it was supposed to in the rail yard, and my dealership was apologetic. They also gave me a loaner, which made me feel better. Maybe something's up with the rail yard.

Also, when you see it, as you probably know, it will be frakkin' dirty! My husband (who went to take pictures when it was delivered to the dealership) told me it was a GOOD thing I hadn NOT seen it in that state, lol! (Yes, I'm the car nut in the couple)
      06-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #129
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The point of ED in general is to have an awesome European experience with your BMW. The cost savings is just a bonus. Until recently, M cars generally did not get a discount in the US either (In fact, this may still apply for the M5 and/or M6 - I'm not sure). However, people still did ED for M purchases simply because its such a great time.
Yeah, I'd do ED if I could, even though it won't save me a penny.
      06-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #130
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Excellent write up, photos and fab itinerary. Been a year now since mine and wish I could do it all over after reading yours.

Also one of the top spec combos, IMO. Enjoy and safe fahren.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #131
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

Mark's M Thanks for your pics and sharing your experience

The dealer delivered a promised .Here is my black M3 with rust brown . Thanks for you help and advice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #132
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Beautiful! Thanks.