BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

03-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
gbonc335i
recreation connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2007 GMC Denali  [0.00]
1969 Chevy C/10  [0.00]
gamestop / product replacement plan

Back in December, I purchased a DS Lite for my son. When I purchased it, the sales person was able to talk me into purchasing the product replacement plan. He told me that if the DS was damaged in any way, that I could bring it back to the store, and they would swap it out.

Now, 3 months later the DS has a broken hinge. There is no longer any resistance to keep the DS open or shut. I took it back to gamestop where the manager told me that I had to send it back to Nintendo to have it fixed. ( Nintendo wants $75 plus shipping to fix the hinge ) He told us that the sales person that sold us the PRP should not have told us that Gamestop would replace the DS. He said the the PRP plan was just an extension of Nintendo's warranty that would extend the warranty for one extra year.

I thought I was being sold a "Product Replacement Plan." At least that is what the sales person told me. He did not call it an extended warranty, or describe it as such.

Anyone have any advice or experience similar to this?
      03-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Did you read the verbage that came with the plan?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

thats bull they have to replace it ....when my friends 360 died they handed him a new one...no bs
      03-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
gbonc335i
recreation connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2007 GMC Denali  [0.00]
1969 Chevy C/10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Did you read the verbage that came with the plan?
I do not recall receiving any verbage when I purchased it. I trusted the sales person that sold it to me. On the receipt, it is titled "Product Replacement Plan". The current manager of that store describes it as an extended warranty.
      03-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/StoreIssue.asp
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbonc335i View Post
Back in December, I purchased a DS Lite for my son. When I purchased it, the sales person was able to talk me into purchasing the product replacement plan. He told me that if the DS was damaged in any way, that I could bring it back to the store, and they would swap it out.

Now, 3 months later the DS has a broken hinge. There is no longer any resistance to keep the DS open or shut. I took it back to gamestop where the manager told me that I had to send it back to Nintendo to have it fixed. ( Nintendo wants $75 plus shipping to fix the hinge ) He told us that the sales person that sold us the PRP should not have told us that Gamestop would replace the DS. He said the the PRP plan was just an extension of Nintendo's warranty that would extend the warranty for one extra year.

I thought I was being sold a "Product Replacement Plan." At least that is what the sales person told me. He did not call it an extended warranty, or describe it as such.

Anyone have any advice or experience similar to this?
I actually used to work for them. First thing I'd do is go to a different store and tell them what happened. If they aren't willing to exchange it out for you just ask them for their District Manager's phone #. I wasn't around when DS was released so unless they have special instructions from Nintendo (never heard of this before) then the stores routinely just swap it out. Its no sweat off their back to send it back to their Distribution Center and have it returned back with all of their other returns. We used to do this ALL the time with EVERY manufacturer.

Don't except "no". If the DM becomes a pain then ask for their Regional.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

It should be Gamestop who does all the work for you, shipping it out if need be. You purchased a plan from them even if it is a "extended warranty".

damn American game stores. This shit happened it Japan itself where DS is a god now rofl

they'd take damn good care of you, customer is god there... Along with DS san
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0