BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
jcieslik
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Coding DSC Help Needed

Hey guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I just replaced the engine on my e90 M3 (rebuilt the entire engine). I missed a ground and could not get it started for a while... found the ground and it starts great now. Problem is I am getting a DSC error now. Error is 5E3F DSC: Steering wheel switching centre: Coding DSC Required and
5E51 DSC: Steering-angle sensor: serial number invalid.

I have the cable, can access INPA and read codes. I also have the latest V3 image from over on the e90 post forum, but I can't figure for the life of me how to code the DSC. I have spent countless hours reading articles and getting closer to the solution, but then I go into the software and it seems it can't find the DSC87 module.

Has anyone successfully done this or have any insight? I suspect the DATEN files for the e90 guys are different then the e90 M3 files or I am just missing something.

Any help would be appreciated it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieslik View Post
Hey guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I just replaced the engine on my e90 M3 (rebuilt the entire engine). I missed a ground and could not get it started for a while... found the ground and it starts great now. Problem is I am getting a DSC error now. Error is 5E3F DSC: Steering wheel switching centre: Coding DSC Required and
5E51 DSC: Steering-angle sensor: serial number invalid.

I have the cable, can access INPA and read codes. I also have the latest V3 image from over on the e90 post forum, but I can't figure for the life of me how to code the DSC. I have spent countless hours reading articles and getting closer to the solution, but then I go into the software and it seems it can't find the DSC87 module.

Has anyone successfully done this or have any insight? I suspect the DATEN files for the e90 guys are different then the e90 M3 files or I am just missing something.

Any help would be appreciated it.

Thanks!
Do a UIF readout and enter the ZUSB number into WINKPF to see if it is the DSC87 module you are looking for. It could be under a different module name. My guess..good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
jcieslik
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I figured it out.

I used this DIY http://blog.obd365.com/2015/09/11/di...s-expert-inpa/

I had to pick slightly different options (e90 and MDSC) but it worked perfectly.

I then went into ISTA and aligned and all is good.

I PDF-ed this in case the site goes away. Hope this helps other people and let me know if you have any questions about it.

If it would be helpful I could probably knock out a quick DIY for the E90 M3 DCS Module.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Just need to code the DSC unit so it registers the SZL serial number and then calibrate the angle.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0