BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
KaZe
Private
Rep
Drives: Carless

Question Nardo Gray Vinyl Wrap?

Hey BMW friends!

Looking for some information in regards to colour matched vinyl wraps. To be specific, I’m hoping to get some insight on Nardo Gray wraps. There’s a ton of vehicles online from enthusiasts of all brands that wrap their car in “Nardo Gray.” I never get an answer when I inquire about which brands they use and if the manufacturers claim that it’s 100% colour matched lol. There’s a ton of variation between photos of cars that are wrapped in Nardo due to lighting, editing and etc. Basically, I just want to know what’s out there. Which brands claim to have a Nardo Gray colour matched wrap and how is the quality? Is there one particular brand that is hands down the closest to Nardo?

I know that a lot of vinyl pros recommend Avery and 3M 1080 series wraps, but neither of those brands advertise to have colour matched wraps. I’ve tried to dig online and some Audi owners claim that Avery’s Dark Gray SW-900-865-O wrap seems to be the closest to Nardo.

I’ve actually purchased some vinyl from brands like VViVid+ Canada and I’m not overly impressed by their quality. They have a wrap called Elephant Gray and they even advertise that it’s colour matched to Nardo. In my opinion, it’s got too much of a blue-like tint compared to the original. If my car was parked beside a factory painted Nardo Gray, I’m sure there’d be a visible difference. Hoping to find a more reliable brand and re-wrap my car. I really wanted a blue vinyl wrap, but the idea of having a vinyl that is colour matched to a factory colour was enticing.

TL;DR - Any brands that have a colour matched vinyl to Nardo Gray that isn’t VViVid+? How is the quality? Any other brands you know that have vinyls colour matched to popular paint colours?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 05:56 AM   #2
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I’ll be looking at wraps in the future, but would most likely stay away from matching factory colours. I doubt it would ever be close enough, and fall short on your expectations.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Hey Kaze, I see you're in Canada! I went through the same thing as you, and what I found to be the closest to Nardo Grey is Avery Rock Grey. It's what I wrapped my M3 in. You can check out a few pics on my IG @ Nardo_SCM3.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Nardo gray is sooo good looking on the M3. There are at least a couple of guys that wrapped their M3s on the forum. Quick search and you'' probably find what they've used mate.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
R-35
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I've used Avery SW900 Gloss Dark Grey about a year ago....I would recommend it, looks like nardo grey to me. I bought a 60” x 15 yd roll from fivestarcanada, to avoid paying any customs fees.
Appreciate 0