BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

04-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
Vedubin01
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Mporium Dallas TX

I just wanted to write a bit on my experience with Mporium and Coulter as I just got back into town after driving 500 miles round trip to do my RB. I drove up the day before my appointment to be able to drop off the car and allow the car to cool down so if they had time, they could start that afternoon for the car to be ready the following day. I met Coulter in the front of the shop and did the necessary paperwork to get the job going.

The following morning after check out I uber'd to the shop where I had to wait for the work to be completed so I could make the drive home. The shop is a total man cave. Loaded with aftermarket parts, cool BMW memorabilia, and clothes. In the waiting area is a nice comfy leather couch along with a flat screen tv and free snacks and drinks. Behind that is their Engine Build room with 2 town down blocks on stands waiting to be assembled. Coulter was nice to show me the process my car was going though as they take great care in the rod bearing swap. Being that BE Bearings are on back order I went with a set of King Racing bearings that Mporium customizes especially for the S65. Each of them are matched to other bearings so that the car is getting a perfect fitment.

The shop is set up really nicely, though small, its set up to be fully efficient and works well. They do have all the latest equipment and the knowledge to back their work. I was then led to the back of the shop where they have a pretty decked out machine shop where they are able to do a lot of stuff in house for a quick turn around time.

The shop sits inside of an air park. Being a pilot myself, this was super cool. A lot of nice aircraft to look at while you wait. My job was done as promised and I was on my way in a timely fashion.

I told my wife that I am glad I dont live in Dallas because I could see myself heading to their shop weekly for more upgrades. Sadly though I wish we had a shop like that in Houston, so I could get my routine maintenance done with knowledgeable staff and more than fair pricing on their services.

In closing, if you are even remotely close to Dallas and need some service work done, its well worth the drive to have them work on your car.

Thank you guys!

Appreciate 5
DRLane3982.50
mgmarsh39253.00
Jobe.99.00
dbyrd304.00
      04-30-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

100% agree, best shop around. Unfortunately I do live 30min away... needless to say, I am somehow still married.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
dimeo187
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser HE

Garage List
2016 GT4  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [9.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.75]
Couldn't agree more. I'm also from Houston and in addition to having my bearings done, they took care of my ssk install, custom suspension setup, under tray, spark plugs, and a couple other miscellaneous items that were all done within the same time frame. I typically now do my own work, but if there is something thats out of my reach, I'm Dallas bound.

I will also say that Cedar Performance is an another amazing shop in Dallas where I take my 1M.

I don't want to discount the shops in Houston but when you combine all things considered, these two shops knock it out of the park.