BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

05-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #1013
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deme87 View Post
The part no. for my car is different but they look almost identical.
Hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks again!
The Z4 we installed had part no: 9267955, and as stated there were no errors post-installation!
      05-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #1014
Fede16
Argentina
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
The Z4 we installed had part no: 9267955, and as stated there were no errors post-installation!
I updated it to the latest version of the carplay module having the idrive version 925443
For now I had no more problems or errors, today I could prove it.

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  179.5 KB
thank!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #1015
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede16 View Post
Quote:
I updated it to the latest version of the carplay module having the idrive version 925443
For now I had no more problems or errors, today I could prove it.

Attachment 2311641
thank!
Thats a good news. Congrats!

Is it E90? Did you scan the car post installation?
      05-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #1016
Fede16
Argentina
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Quote:
Thats a good news. Congrats!

Is it E90? Did you scan the car post installation?
is e82

thank!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #1017
Beemr
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d e90

I recently installed the bluetooth unit from Kremersino, from a uk seller.
The Bluetooth iv gave up with as Siri and Waze don't work so iv connected to aux all works great even the music sounds ok when tweaked.
My question is has anyone been able to up the volume when Waze is giving instruction as right now when guidance is spoken music goes low and instructions are spoken but the volume is very low unless I turn it up which in return makes music excessively loud. Iv tried everything without any effect.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:51 AM   #1018
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemr View Post
I recently installed the bluetooth unit from Kremersino, from a uk seller.
The Bluetooth iv gave up with as Siri and Waze don't work so iv connected to aux all works great even the music sounds ok when tweaked.
My question is has anyone been able to up the volume when Waze is giving instruction as right now when guidance is spoken music goes low and instructions are spoken but the volume is very low unless I turn it up which in return makes music excessively loud. Iv tried everything without any effect.

In a factory ACP environment, there seem to be two volumes. For example my civic (music volume goes up to 30), navigation/Siri volume goes up to 20, and it seems the kremersino doesn't know how to change these volumes independently.

I might seriously think about just ditching the BT and OEM mic and going to the external mic and AUX again just for the sake of working system until they figure this out.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #1019
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
In a factory ACP environment, there seem to be two volumes. For example my civic (music volume goes up to 30), navigation/Siri volume goes up to 20, and it seems the kremersino doesn't know how to change these volumes independently.

I might seriously think about just ditching the BT and OEM mic and going to the external mic and AUX again just for the sake of working system until they figure this out.
Does our Kremersino wireless carplay exhibit the poor AUX audio quality issue that some of these ACP units had (flatness, lack of bass, etc), or was this resolved with ours already?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #1020
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
Does our Kremersino wireless carplay exhibit the poor AUX audio quality issue that some of these ACP units had (flatness, lack of bass, etc), or was this resolved with ours already?
I asked Michael if the aux quality was going to be fixed on the 1st gen of the wireless carplay box and he all but said no. Below is his answer.

Please note that, for all aftermarket carplay box, their first choice on audio channel always be AUX. No matter from us or other factory.
Now our new version NBT, and CIC with combox support to use original car bluetooth channel as a audio channel, that's why sound quality better.

Also even in new version, the AUX cable tech we use, also have much better sound quality than old version.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #1021
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
I have not tested the newer BT module AUX (never installed the mic/aux wire).

Here is a history of what I had. Versioning is just a number I made not officially referred by Kremersino.

1 ACP Joyauto WIRED ONLY (Made by kremersino)
2. ACP Kremersino WIRED/WIRELESS v1 (poor audio from AUX. Flat/lack bass)
3. ACP Kermersino WIRED/WIRELESS v2 (Improved as it uses the same audo PCB from #1 and sounds great)
4. ACP Kremersino WIRED/WIRELESS v3 (unknown for AUX as I never tried. BT OE Mic isn't switching correctly or consistently right now but quality of music is what you expect from BT audio from Combox.
Appreciate 2
6ixSpd6015.50
PACarGuy683.50
      05-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #1022
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Here is a history of what I had. Versioning is just a number I made not officially referred by Kremersino.

3. ACP Kermersino WIRED/WIRELESS v2 (Improved as it uses the same audo PCB from #1 and sounds great)
4. ACP Kremersino WIRED/WIRELESS v3 (unknown for AUX as I never tried. BT OE Mic isn't switching correctly or consistently right now but quality of music is what you expect from BT audio from Combox.
How can you tell the difference between V2 and V3? V1 is still for sale on aliexpress so this can get confusing.

As I side note, I have been playing around with the backup camera function and I actually like it better than the CIC (I have a V1). It switches to the camera much faster than the CIC does and it does not wait to fully boot. It has dynamic parking lines that move with the steering wheel. And the image is full screen rather than sharing a box with PDC. The PDC is a small image overlay that looks great. And no emulator is needed.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #1023
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I have #4 unit from a reseller in uk, reengineered. I have used Bluetooth function and I've found if you put call routing in iPhone settings to automatic it will switch consistently also I stopped using Bluetooth as there is no Waze sound and Siri is not working correctly...I started using aux which uses oem mic as it taps into via a harness so no quad lock on my updated version from uk seller...initial sound quality was terrible but once tweaking it through the units equaliser I got it to a very good standard very close to Bluetooth quality..I listen to music with bass and was looking for clarity in high notes as well as lows...happy for now hoping one day I can switch to Bluetooth as that's what I bought it for.
Appreciate 1
derbo3610.00
      05-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #1024
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have #4 unit from a reseller in uk, reengineered. I have used Bluetooth function and I've found if you put call routing in iPhone settings to automatic it will switch consistently also I stopped using Bluetooth as there is no Waze sound and Siri is not working correctly...I started using aux which uses oem mic as it taps into via a harness so no quad lock on my updated version from uk seller...initial sound quality was terrible but once tweaking it through the units equaliser I got it to a very good standard very close to Bluetooth quality..I listen to music with bass and was looking for clarity in high notes as well as lows...happy for now hoping one day I can switch to Bluetooth as that's what I bought it for.
I have #4 as well. Would you mind sharing your EQ settings? I may try the AUX route just to see if its audio quality is comparable to BT.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #1025
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smass View Post
How can you tell the difference between V2 and V3? V1 is still for sale on aliexpress so this can get confusing.

As I side note, I have been playing around with the backup camera function and I actually like it better than the CIC (I have a V1). It switches to the camera much faster than the CIC does and it does not wait to fully boot. It has dynamic parking lines that move with the steering wheel. And the image is full screen rather than sharing a box with PDC. The PDC is a small image overlay that looks great. And no emulator is needed.
V2 has external flat antennas for the WiFi soldered with a single wire.

V3 reverted back to internal antennas.

Quote:
Interesting. I thought I remembered during installation, trying the AUX with no success using OE mic. Unless your setup is different? I remember being told by Michael that the AUX uses external mic that was included.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #1026
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have #4 as well. Would you mind sharing your EQ settings? I may try the AUX route just to see if its audio quality is comparable to BT.
Quote:
Quote:

Yes of course...so firstly I have the units volume in settings on 18 then below that is the equaliser which looks like pic #1

I also have sound check "ON" in iPhone-music

And idrive I have treble and bass on full

Aux volume on 50%

Let us know how you get on 👍
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #1027
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes of course...so firstly I have the units volume in settings on 18 then below that is the equaliser which looks like pic #1

Aux volume on 50%

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Aux volume on 50%

Forgot to mention I have S676A hifi speaker system
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #1028
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Apparently an iOS jailbreak is going to be released soon (today?).. I haven't messed with jailbreaks in years, but there seem to be a lot of tweaks available for bluetooth and audio output.. would be interesting to see if there's a tweak that would force the audio output to lock to a specific output source (the BMW bluetooth, for example) which may help with the audio switching issues with the wireless carplay unit.

CarBridge looks interesting as well - lets you use apps on Carplay that don't natively support Carplay, could be pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #1029
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Quote:
Apparently an iOS jailbreak is going to be released soon (today?).. I haven't messed with jailbreaks in years, but there seem to be a lot of tweaks available for bluetooth and audio output.. would be interesting to see if there's a tweak that would force the audio output to lock to a specific output source (the BMW bluetooth, for example) which may help with the audio switching issues with the wireless carplay unit.

CarBridge looks interesting as well - lets you use apps on Carplay that don't natively support Carplay, could be pretty cool.
Yeah, that could be a fix, but in my case for example, sharing the car with all the members of the family, jailbreaking all the phones it's not a viable solution. Also CarBridge it's an amazing tweak for the people like me, who have the previous version of the box that doesn't have AirPlay Mirroring.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #1030
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
Yeah, that could be a fix, but in my case for example, sharing the car with all the members of the family, jailbreaking all the phones it's not a viable solution. Also CarBridge it's an amazing tweak for the people like me, who have the previous version of the box that doesn't have AirPlay Mirroring.
I have the kremersino unit which does have airplay mirroring, but it sucks. You have to exit the carplay interface to get to the airplay mirroring area.. I've only used it once or twice to test it out, but its not convenient enough to want to use otherwise. Looking forward to trying carbridge.

We have an extra iPhone 7 here, will jailbreak and test it out later.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #1031
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Interesting. I thought I remembered during installation, trying the AUX with no success using OE mic. Unless your setup is different? I remember being told by Michael that the AUX uses external mic that was included.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes that's correct but the seller I bought off in the UK is an engineer who has worked on his own harness which requires no quad lock, just a connection to idrive controller and oem mic. On the back of the head unit you just need one lvds connection it makes installing a lot easier
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #1032
Beemr
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Have you tried setting call audio routing to automatic? And initial connection through the unit? Also I had tried jailbreak tweak car bridge if I remember correctly it didn't work well.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #1033
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried setting call audio routing to automatic? And initial connection through the unit? Also I had tried jailbreak tweak car bridge if I remember correctly it didn't work well.
I have set the call audio routing to automatic, doesn't seem to make any difference in terms of the carplay behavior.

What do you mean by "And initial connection through the unit" ?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #1034
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have set the call audio routing to automatic, doesn't seem to make any difference in terms of the carplay behavior.

Quote:
Quote:

When making Initial connection you should use the units menus to find iPhone and connect, not connect through iPhone.
Appreciate 0