BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Electronics | Audio | Security

BPM
Closed Thread

05-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Arrow -= BimmerTech - BEST Rear View Camera RETROFIT =-

World's best aftermarket rear view camera retrofit for your BMW.

Why is it better than any other rear view camera retrofit?

Integrates with the iDrive like OEM camera - when you put the car in reverse the iDrive system will activate the OEM camera mode and the camera picture will show on the iDrive screen together with the Park Distance Control exactly the same as in BMW cars with OEM rear view camera option.

100% Plug and Play- no cutting, splicing or other modifications to the original car harness.

Superb picture quality during the day and at night - thanks to the high end lens and image sensor used in our camera no other rear view camera retrofit can offer such clear and crisp picture.

OEM-like finish - the camera is integrated in the trunk handle like BMW camera. The trunk handle is made from a single piece of OEM-like material and it feels, looks and functions like OEM.

Simple installation - we reduced the number of components and wires in this retrofit kit to minimum. This makes the installation process easier than for any other rear view camera retrofit available on the market.

Parking lines - the camera comes with static parking lines which can be disabled during installation. Some of our customers prefer the clean picture from the camera and we made it possible for them to remove the parking lines easily.

Camera specification:
Pick-up Device: 1089K 1/3’’ Image Sensor
Number of Image Pixels: 410K 510(H) x 492(V)
Resolution: 380 TV Lines
Consumption Current: 60mA MAX (at DC 12V)
Operating Voltage: DC 12V (6V~18V)
Lens: Wide Viewing Angle, 160(D), 121(H), 88(V), F=1.8
Shutter Control: Auto IRIS(1/60~1/100,000)
S/N Ratio: More than 42dB
Min, illumination: 0.01Lux

Requirements:
- CIC iDrive
- Remote coding to enable the OEM camera mode (included)

Pricing:
Click here

Last edited by Patrys@BimmerTech; 11-03-2013 at 03:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
bjs.prs
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92

Customer Review: Rear View Camera Retrofit from BimmerTech

This is my first post so bear with me. I am very happy with the product and Patryk asked me to write a review. I am not in any way sponsored or affiliated with this company or product.

I took ownership of a US Spec Le Mans Blue 2013 E92 M3 earlier this week but have been driving the car around as a dealer demo for a couple months. Parking this beast in and around Germany with the narrow parking spots is a bit nerve racking so I really wanted a parking camera in the rear. I did some internet research, emailed a few venders, Patryk responded to all my emails very quickly and so I decided to give them a shot. Another vender was uncomfortable sending their kit to me as their initial VIN search on my car stated that my vehicle is a manual but looking further down the spec sheet it clearly states DCT and several kits for the manuals are just now getting to market. I received email confirmations when the order was received and shipped. The parts came from Poland and I am currently stationed in Germany but sending the kit directly to me would incur a 21% VAT so I shipped it free to the states via DHL and then shipped it back to my APO address saving me some money. Despite shipping it across the Atlantic twice, I received it in less than two weeks. Parts were well packaged. The kit included a K+DCAM coding cable, CIC wiring harness with a control unit and relay, rear camera incorporated into the trunk release, and adequate length wiring to connect the two. The trunk release feels identical to the original piece with the soft smooth rubber with palpable and audible click. No instructions came in the box but I received a quick response from Mateusz with installation instructions. The instructions were a little sparse in terms of getting to the back of the CIC and routing the wiring to the trunk but there are plenty of forum posts addressing every step of trim removal. The company actually recommend the installation be performed by a professional, but Patryk assured me that I could tackle the job myself with my experience placing a number of aftermarket products in other cars(radios, amps, speakers, alarm systems, interior replacement, etc).

I was doing all the work myself after work in the driveway and was able to complete the entire installation in about 4 hours total time. I admit I was slow and cautions as this was the first time taking a M3 apart. If any friends need help, I'm sure I can get this done in half the time. The camera gets power from the CIC wiring harness so there was no need to find the wire to the rear break light. This entire kit was PnP. The toughest parts were getting the wire through the corrugated rubber hose from the trunk to the back of the car and in finding the space to put the wiring harness and control unit behind the CIC but Patryk and his team gave valuable advice. Don't forget the disconnect the fiber optic cords from the original harness and place them in the new one. Getting the door sill up and the rear seat and side bolster removed were not easy tasks either, thank you forums (and Goggle) for all your help. If you have any concerns, please have someone with experience in these matters do the installation. After installation and before coding, I was a little concerned about the wiring because as I put the car back in the garage, the rear parking sensors were chirping but there was no visual feedback on the screen. As instructed, I sent an Skype instant message to their coding department that night, was told not to worry about the current functionality, and given detailed instructions on what to download onto my laptop for the next day. I have a 2009 MacBook Pro with Parallels and Windows XP. I probably should have done the coding prior to putting the CIC and all the trim back in place but I was pretty happy with the installation and knew I could take it all back down if I needed.

The next evening, I pulled down all the software, moved my wireless extender closer to the garage, took my laptop and iPad out the car, and contacted the remote coders again. They were very business like, gained access to my computer, installed a couple software packages, changed a few settings, and attempted to connect to the vehicle, this process took a little over 30 minutes. There was something wrong at first and they were initially concerned about the USB interface but after performing a couple troubleshooting procedures we were back up and running. The entire coding session took less than 10 minutes and they also provided a little coding gift as well (DVD in motion).

Below is a picture of the camera with the trunk open (the fit is perfect, OEM like) and a video link of me backing up the car into the garage holding the iPhone. Sorry about the poor quality of video, most of the time I was using my side mirrors. You can adjust both the contrast and the brightness but the OEM emulator will not allow you to alter the parking assist lines or utilize the obstruction utility. Patryk told me that the parking lines can be permanently removed by cutting a wire in the harness but I like them. I took the M3 to the Frankfurt Auto Show on Saturday and the camera came in very handy as I was attempting to manipulate through the tight European parking garages.

Thanks again Patryk and the rest of the team at BimmerTech for a fine product and excellent customer service. I cannot confirm or deny the quality of the other products on the market, all I can do is vouch for this one. Please feel free to write me if you have any questions or concerns.

Below is the link to the video...

Attached Images

11-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread