BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

05-26-2023, 10:35 PM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Where to order custom Recaro finishes?

What’s the best way to order Recaros finished in OEM leather? Are you buying ‘base’ models and then taking to an upholstery shop? Or can you place a custom direct order from Recaro through one of their distributors?
      05-26-2023, 11:07 PM   #2
Kisenwether
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limerock Grey M3 / Hellrot 1M

The main person that has been doing it for years is AMX Performance, i think he is based out of poland?

However you can custom order basically anything you want from AMX as a full setup, he also offers just the leather covers and you put them on seats you acquire yourself.

I also think a US company has recently started called BMWrestoredseats as well but haven't seen many from them yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 07:43 AM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
The main person that has been doing it for years is AMX Performance, i think he is based out of poland?

However you can custom order basically anything you want from AMX as a full setup, he also offers just the leather covers and you put them on seats you acquire yourself.

I also think a US company has recently started called BMWrestoredseats as well but haven't seen many from them yet.
Thanks those were the 2 names I knew of as well. AMX looks good but that $800 shipping charge is killer. BMWrestoredseats is actually local to me but they rarely respond to inquires. Honestly think he’s got more volume than he can handle.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 12:05 PM   #4
Kisenwether
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limerock Grey M3 / Hellrot 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Thanks those were the 2 names I knew of as well. AMX looks good but that $800 shipping charge is killer. BMWrestoredseats is actually local to me but they rarely respond to inquires. Honestly think he’s got more volume than he can handle.
Ya the shipping is rough, I was going to do a set for my 1M clone but ended up getting the recaro GT with cloud grey alcantara inserts and honestly was super happy with them. Actually reworked the rest of my interior to work with them. Redid door cards and all stitching on other parts to match.

Yea I had asked for pricing from bmwrestoredseats as well and took his a few weeks after asking every week for a update after I was told “tomorrow”. Fairly sure he gave me a super high number to make me just stop asking. I think he is a one man shop so can’t be to upset. Glad he is doing well and business is good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 06:37 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Those came out great… and your e82 looks great. I had a 135is with all nearly all the OEM performance CF parts and goodies, still miss that car.
Appreciate 0