BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Djetaine
Private
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 e93m3

Looking for a race/daily driver dash cam

I'm looking to replace my a119 v2 now that I have a car that I am going to be doing some events in.

I've been looking all over but there are tons of options and I'm a bit overwhelmed. All the features that I want in a racing camera generally come in a very large package that will obstruct the passenger view, and the a119 which I love, doesn't have the additional features I want. Hoping you all might be able to steer me in the right direction.

Race Desired features:
  • GPS
  • OBDII connectivity compatible with BMW with overlay, whether bluetooth to one of my current OBD readers or direct connection, don't really care. If I could get one that plugged in and was powered by my OBD, that would be awesome but I don't know if such a thing exists
  • G Sensor
  • Decent field of view
  • Easily accessible options to change recording settings on the fly.

Daily Driver desired features:
  • Small enough to not be incredibly obtrusive to the passenger as that's likely where it will be. I can't have it sitting at the bottom of the windshield in the middle because the view would be obstructed by the high rise hood.
  • Rear view would be nice but isn't totally required. The ability to add a rear at a later point would be cool. The car is a convertible though, so I can't mount to the rear window. I will likely have to fabricate a mount to raise it a bit from the rear deck but I can sort that out when I get to it.
  • Motion activated/ability to record when car is off.

I don't really have any sort of budget in mind but I don't want to go balls out just because. I don't need 4k, a good frame rate on 1080 is fine with me. As long as it has all the feature I need and not too many that I don't, I'm good.

EDIT- I live in Texas and the car gets to be 120+ inside during the day so a capacitor version is probably a requirement.
Appreciate 0