BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

05-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #45
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornykidd0 View Post
I just removed the rejuvenator oil with pristine clean after 24 hours of rejuvinator oil. I gotta be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed. Maybe my leather wasn't really that dirty, but part of me is thinking nothing really happened. I'm going to take pics later on and see what I think then. I think I was almost expecting to find white or red leather underneath lol. Also though I haven't had my car since new, so I don't actually know what its supposed to feel/look like and therefore I can't really say its 'like new again'...just cleaner. My steering wheel and shift knob are still very tacky. I guess I need to use more pristine clean on them?
Yes.... i think so ,the Prestine clean removes the Rejuvenator !
Actualy i used a soft brush for the Prestine clean and after buft up with a microfiber cloth and worked fine, see here my result v v v
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #46
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

As previously mentioned and after much debate I selected Zainos Z-9 & Z-10. Applied Z-9, soft brushed then wiped off. Most dirt accumulation came from the steering wheel. I then wiped on Z-10 with a microfiber cloth. Overall results were good. Steering wheel is like new, seats are a little slippery but have a nice matte finish.

Next time around I may apply Z-10 by hand and let sit for a few minutes to see if the product is absorbed and softens the leather.

Not sure why everyone loves the smell of Z-10 though. It was just okay, nothing compared to the smell of new OEM leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

quick question guys...just got back into an m3 and have leatherique thats been sitting in the garage for about 3 years. Is this stuff still good to use? I assume it doesn't go bad...

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny212 View Post
quick question guys...just got back into an m3 and have leatherique thats been sitting in the garage for about 3 years. Is this stuff still good to use? I assume it doesn't go bad...
All i know is that it is 100 % natural , so no chemicals !
Preserve 3 years ? i just don't know,but here v v v you can ask i think
http://www.leatherique.com/contact-leatherique.html
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #49
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
All i know is that it is 100 % natural , so no chemicals !
Preserve 3 years ? i just don't know,but here v v v you can ask i think
http://www.leatherique.com/contact-leatherique.html
thanks just got an answer back from them...should be good!

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #50
kornykidd0
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I take back my uncertainty with the leatherique products. I just drove the car to work and found myself pleased with the results. Once the pristine clean residue I guess evaporates or gets absorbed or whatever things looked good. You WILL NEED multiple applications of either the RO, PC, or both in extremely high traffic areas- namely the wheel and shift knob. I plan to go at them with the PC later and some fresh microfibers, but right now areas of the wheel that are highly touched are still quite tacky and I can still see what I assume is grit and grime. The slight shine is gone, but it is still gritty and sticky. So overall my assessment of the products is positive, but I think if you want to actually SEE what you spent $50 on, your leather needs to be dirtier and more worn than mine was. Otherwise you just need to trust that the products are instilling all that they claim into the leather. I will say this, I had a patch on the door sil leather where my elbow rests that was shiny and quite noticeable. It's gone now. Completely. I think that's what I'm most happy about I'll post pics once the rest of the interior gets cleaned.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #51
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornykidd0 View Post
I take back my uncertainty with the leatherique products. I just drove the car to work and found myself pleased with the results. Once the pristine clean residue I guess evaporates or gets absorbed or whatever things looked good. You WILL NEED multiple applications of either the RO, PC, or both in extremely high traffic areas- namely the wheel and shift knob. I plan to go at them with the PC later and some fresh microfibers, but right now areas of the wheel that are highly touched are still quite tacky and I can still see what I assume is grit and grime. The slight shine is gone, but it is still gritty and sticky. So overall my assessment of the products is positive, but I think if you want to actually SEE what you spent $50 on, your leather needs to be dirtier and more worn than mine was. Otherwise you just need to trust that the products are instilling all that they claim into the leather. I will say this, I had a patch on the door sil leather where my elbow rests that was shiny and quite noticeable. It's gone now. Completely. I think that's what I'm most happy about I'll post pics once the rest of the interior gets cleaned.
I'm curious.......
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #52
M3
///M3
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
How do Leatherique compare to Chemical Guys stuff? I have two sets of the Chemical Guys leather cleaner/conditioner product and it made little to no difference for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
How do Leatherique compare to Chemical Guys stuff? I have two sets of the Chemical Guys leather cleaner/conditioner product and it made little to no difference for me.
I know... i tested 8 different brands, and Leatherique is .......
Check this out v v v
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768340
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #54
M3
///M3
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
I know... i tested 8 different brands, and Leatherique is .......
Check this out v v v
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768340
So judging from your photos, brand-new matte finish was back on your leather?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #55
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So judging from your photos, brand-new matte finish was back on your leather?
Yes ...my friend .
But... they are not new...they look like new
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quick update on leather masters.

I got the kit with the soft cleaner. I found that the soft cleaner did not work very well with the supplied sponge. A cup of water and a toothbrush worked much better! Next time I'm going to get one of those larger brushes to use with the soft cleaner. I found the cleaner to be pretty mild so you need something else for deep stains.

The conditioner however is great. Applied with my own cotton applicator pads. Dried nice and matte. The matte-ness got better after about 3 days when I suppose it dried fully.

I was most concerned with avoiding the shiny finish and for that leather masters is great.

A few lessons learned for me:
- be more liberal with the soft cleaner and use a brush. The sponge sucks.
- cleaner and toothbrush work well to clean dirty areas and take out the shine (i.e. side bolsters, seat edges)
- be liberal with conditioner and use applicator pads. Wipe up excess.
- try to give as much time for leather to dry before driving.

I've been helped a great deal by these forums. Hope this review helps as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #57
fuzzybam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB GLE350

I've tried the Auto Finesse leather cleaner/conditioner, I've tried the BMW stuff, and the Chemical Guys stuff. The AF and BMW stuff were about the same -- good not great. The CG stuff was okay at best.

I'm going to try leatherique now.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #58
M3
///M3
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just received the Leatherique Prestine Clean and the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil. I'm only going to use it for my front seats as no one ever sat in the back before, so I just got the 16oz. bottle of each. I hope it doesn't leave me at the half way of the job.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #59
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
As previously mentioned and after much debate I selected Zainos Z-9 & Z-10. Applied Z-9, soft brushed then wiped off. Most dirt accumulation came from the steering wheel. I then wiped on Z-10 with a microfiber cloth. Overall results were good. Steering wheel is like new, seats are a little slippery but have a nice matte finish.

Next time around I may apply Z-10 by hand and let sit for a few minutes to see if the product is absorbed and softens the leather.

Not sure why everyone loves the smell of Z-10 though. It was just okay, nothing compared to the smell of new OEM leather.
I took my car to a detailer who typically only works on high dollar cars. He uses leatherique exclusively. When I brought my car in, which is 2 tone black and fox red, it had some kind of film on the leather. I wasn't aware of it until he got done with the car and the leather looked 100x better.

Now, for home use leather care he recommended only one product line: Zaino Z9 and Z10.

I've been using those periodically, only on the front seats since the backs don't get used. After 6 months, the fronts remain clean and there is absolutely no perceptible difference between them and the back seats, which haven't been touched since he worked his magic.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #60
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Just received the Leatherique Prestine Clean and the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil. I'm only going to use it for my front seats as no one ever sat in the back before, so I just got the 16oz. bottle of each. I hope it doesn't leave me at the half way of the job.
You will be fine...but i'm curious to hear your result ?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #61
Dub A
Dub A
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 IB

Quote:
You will be fine...but i'm curious to hear your result ?
I used all 16oz's for my car, but i think i went overboard. lol
      06-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #62
///Miniz racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Lime Rock M3, 2016 M4 GTS

Has anyone tried the BMW Leather Cleaner/Conditioner lotion?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #63
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Miniz racer View Post
Has anyone tried the BMW Leather Cleaner/Conditioner lotion?
Yes, and it is still in my closet and that now for more than 2 years !
I used it ones....and it was the same as nothing
Actualy i tried 6-7 brands ,and i regret the waste of $$$, for me the 100% winner is....Leatherique and this forever
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #64
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

Quote:
Yes, and it is still in my closet and that now for more than 2 years !
I used it ones....and it was the same as nothing
Actualy i tried 6-7 brands ,and i regret the waste of $$$, for me the 100% winner is....Leatherique and this forever
I purchased the leatherique kit, and will most likely treat the leather next week. I will report back, with pics. So far Belgium has been spot on with all of his postings on his choices and sharing of products, so I am gonig to go ahead and trust him on this one and hope for great results.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #65
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
I purchased the leatherique kit, and will most likely treat the leather next week. I will report back, with pics. So far Belgium has been spot on with all of his postings on his choices and sharing of products, so I am gonig to go ahead and trust him on this one and hope for great results.
I'm NOT a sales man ....do you remember ?
But you know,i want only the best for my (our) ///M's !
So,when i like realy something ,and it's realy good stuff,i want(and will) share it !
BTW...pics don't lie..........
About you....i'm curious if you will post the result ?
And yes...the treatment is work & sweat,but with only looking to your leather,you get nothing
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

Quote:
I'm NOT a sales man ....do you remember ?
But you know,i want only the best for my (our) ///M's !
So,when i like realy something ,and it's realy good stuff,i want(and will) share it !
BTW...pics don't lie..........
About you....i'm curious if you will post the result ?
And yes...the treatment is work & sweat,but with only looking to your leather,you get nothing
Ha ha, I know, no salesman, but I trust your opinions. So far your posts have been excellent. I will post the results and pics. it is kind of crappy here the past week and into next week, so I will need to find a few half decent days to treat the leather and let it set in for a few days. My father in law has an old '99 e46 323 that could use a good leather treatment as well. I will tackle that after my ///M....
Appreciate 0