BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #155
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vddr View Post
Quick update - so basically I got back and found that half of the right front wheel had curb rash on it...couldn't even believe it was possible to accidentally curb a wheel so badly. Also, front left was curbed about an inch. He admitted to taking the car out four times, three to and from work, and once to a party

Room mate was genuinely sorry...but I was pissed enough that I basically gave him an itemized bill that included an oil change, detailing inside and out, one new wheel plus cost of balancing mounting etc., and a "rental rate" based on a per day fee multiplied by 4

I know that basically for $150 you can resurface a wheel and get rid of all the curb rash, but to make a point here I'm buying a new wheel and will ship him the one that he damaged
OH SNAP!!!
To and from work is fine...To a party? Come on, that's just irresponsible. Then he curbs your wheels and doesn't even have the balls to bring it up...oh man, please kick his ass also after he forks up the bill.
      07-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #156
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

This is ridiculous. Is he going to pay up? Jokes I aside he better pay up and I would find a new place to live.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #157
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Quick update - so basically I got back and found that half of the right front wheel had curb rash on it...couldn't even believe it was possible to accidentally curb a wheel so badly. Also, front left was curbed about an inch. He admitted to taking the car out four times, three to and from work, and once to a party

Room mate was genuinely sorry...but I was pissed enough that I basically gave him an itemized bill that included an oil change, detailing inside and out, one new wheel plus cost of balancing mounting etc., and a "rental rate" based on a per day fee multiplied by 4

I know that basically for $150 you can resurface a wheel and get rid of all the curb rash, but to make a point here I'm buying a new wheel and will ship him the one that he damaged
i would also get an alignment just in case the curb threw it out of specs. then i'd shoot him in the head after hes done paying the bills.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #158
Vddr
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Yeah, all in it was about ~$1.2k, which he end up paying. We actually both moved out last week due to change of jobs. Like I said he was genuinely sorry but that won't reverse the damage. Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #159
Vddr
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye DC5 View Post
I started on page one, and I was pretty sure someone drove OP's M3 while he was gone, but I got some really good financial advice, along with a pretty decent amount of laughs from all the gracious boasting of others life accomplishments.
Sounds like a five star thread
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #160
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Sounds like a five star thread
Why's it rated 2stars then?

TIME TO RERATE PEOPLE.

I'd charge him whatever it costs to rent a M3 through Hertz for a week, charge him a new professional detail, new tires, a service because break-in, then force him to sign a contract saying he'll pay any maintenance bills in the future because he fucked up the break-in.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #161
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Assuming this thread is not a troll thread, realistically this is what I'd do (I don't care about OP's financial situation).

I'd call him out and tell him just how unchill that was of him. Never leave my keys anywhere near home (duh). I'd also tell him he's a f**kstick. Then I'd remind him a few times more over time with "hey remember when you were totally not cool and drove my car for 200 miles when I was out of town?" I'd do this around people who don't know the story just to slander him.

This wouldn't be enough for me to get over it still, and who's really going to ask for monetary compensation? Unless he left my gas tank at empty, how are you gunna be a cheapass and ask for a couple bucks. Pretty poor move. Even poorer than him raping your car for 200 miles.

I'd just over time get him back by pissing him off or eating all the food he buys to similarly inconvenience him. Delete some shows he really wanted to watch on the DVR machine, c*ckblock him if a girl comes over for him....drink a good amount of the beers he buys, and routinely not be a bro when he asks, as long as I am still irked by him driving my expensive toy without permission. Oh, he needs you to pick something up for him at the market? "sorry, forgot bro." He want you to pick him up a burrito bowl from chipotle with no sour cream? "oh my bad man, this has a extra sour cream...thought you said no cheese." Oh is that a leftover greasy taco you were going to eat when you woke up hungover? Eat the taco and leave a note that says, sorry bro, here's 35 cents, and leave him a quarter and a dime.

This kind of crap would eventually bring the guy back to zero indebtedness in goodwill.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #162
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
^ If you read just this page it would have saved you from typing all that. Dude ended up moving out and the OP got $1.2k from him.
      07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #163
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Its a car people. And its even leased. How does this thread manage to keep going. Mods please close asap.

Oh yea I went away for a week and my German Shepard put 200 miles on my m3. Should I be mad, he is German after all... :-/
      07-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #164
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Oh yea I went away for a week and my German Shepard put 200 miles on my m3. Should I be mad, he is German after all... :-/
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #165
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I just checked.

HSBC Australia is giving 3.15%

I found an Indian bank called "Mauritius" that gives 3.65%.

I did some more digging and found an article that talks about an 8% savings account for HSBC, but there were severe limitations -

When you scour the market and look at what’s available, the highest rates are available on regular savings accounts. HSBC and First Direct are both offering rates of 8.00 per cent - impressive when you consider the average no notice account is paying just 0.31 per cent according to the Bank of England.

However, the reason why banks and building societies are able to offer higher rates on regular savers is because of the way these accounts work. The rate tends to be fixed for a 12 months after which the account matures and you will move your money elsewhere.

During the 12-month term you must pay money into the account every month and you can’t usually access your savings until maturity. The amount you can pay in is also capped, restricting how much you can save. It is for these reasons that regular savers often pay higher rates of interest than other savings accounts.

The maximum you can deposit each month is usually 250, although some accounts allow up to 300. As a result, while regular savings accounts are great for those wanting to get into the savings habit, existing savers or individuals with a large amount of money they’re looking to invest may find that they’re not quite as attractive as they initially appear.

After all, the only money you’ll earn the full annual rate of interest on is that paid in in month one. The money you deposit in the final month will earn just one twelfth of it. Consequently, the amount of interest earned over the 12-month term may be less than you were expecting.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...#ixzz2Z9hRyC88
Follow us: MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bolded part is the most relevant to me. Yeah 8% sounds great until you realize the limit is absurdly low.

If there was a low risk way of accruing 11-14% on $500k+ investments, everybody would be doing it. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.
Americans bank are hovering around 1% and checking online won't do you any good dude. Can you please go into an HSBC and show them you actually have a $500k portfolio? Talk to me then. Like I said, I don't care and don't about investments much but that is where my grandma's trust is and earning that much. Me and other trustees get an 1099-INT end of the year which goes on our tax returns. Sorry you had to type up an essay for nothing.
Lol. A trust fund baby trying to tell me something about investments. I worked (until the beginning of this year) in the investments division of a large worldwide corporation. No savings account anywhere gives 11-14% period. You are stupid and ignorant if you think otherwise.

There were some banks in the Middle East giving very high rates but guess what, a few of them recently went bankrupt because they were ponzis and the account holders get jack shit.

Most modeling assumptions for us companies have a best estimate assumption under 10% for interest earned and that is still artificially high in the current market.

You obviously know nothing about what you are taking about.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #166
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

who leaves their car keys to their roomates?
      08-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #167
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavidM3E92 View Post
Wow did this thread get way off topic.
Another marginal thread that's been jacked by the usual suspects..injected with oxy and steroids and morphed into the creature from the Black Lagoon.

I was just wondering why this thread lured all the trolls out of their caves...then I read you're gem of a post. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #168
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL
Everything I own, I bought on straight cash, son.

My house? Cash, son.

My car? More cash, son.

My 30" chrome rims? Cash, son.

My purple Escalade? Cash, son.

My penthouses in Moscow, LA, New York, Paris, Toronto, Geneva, Mumbai, Tokyo and Beijing? COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF CASH, son.

All my investments typically yield a net return of about 60%-70%. Anything less and I convert that to cash, son. I don't have time for little bitch investments.

Roommates? Yeah, I guess you could say I got roommates. Got a hoe living in each pad, ready to go 24/7.

The other day, I was buying some gum. Damn clerk was like "Cash or credit?"

I was like "Maaaayyyne. Whatchu thank?"

Moral of this stupid story. Everyone's a baller on the Internet. Everyone knows what they're talking about. Everyone should just stop telling the OP how to live his life and instead help him plan what seems to be his first murder. Never drive a mans M3 without permission.

I'm pretty sure the reason Jesus died for us is because frickin' Adam and Eve took a joyride in Gods M3.

Excellent paraphrase of most of the posts here!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #169
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

There were some banks in the Middle East giving very high rates but guess what, a few of them recently went bankrupt because they were ponzis and the account holders get jack shit.
Which banks are these?
Most Lebanese banks have high yielding rates (if you freeze your money they give you 6-7% when you have a certain amount in it) and not one has gone out of biz.
      08-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #170
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros and ones View Post
Now tell me, how does it make sense for two people to pay $3000 a month on a 1200 square foot apartment in LA when they can easily get a house that is much larger.
Your 'Mississippi strategy' has no bearing on real-world prices on the West Coast, where the house you speak of is easily 2-3X more money. Unless you want to live in the boonies - which has no bearing in this argument to begin with. Apples to apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
People talking about an M3 like it's a fucking Ferrari. You can get an E9X M3 for $35K all day.
I'm glad someone finally said it.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #171
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
People talking about an M3 like it's a fucking Ferrari. You can get an E9X M3 for $35K all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
OP didn't buy a used POS M3 for $35k. If he did this thread probably wouldn't exist.

This is about driving the first few hundred miles on a BRAND NEW car without permission. Could have been a brand new S4, 335, 135, A4, mustang, etc..... equally shitty of the roommate.

And for some people an E9x M3 will be the closest they ever come to owning a Ferrari.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you guys aren't cool with people driving your cars without permission. Correct?
      08-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #172
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
Quote:
OP didn't buy a used POS M3 for $35k. If he did this thread probably wouldn't exist.

This is about driving the first few hundred miles on a BRAND NEW car without permission. Could have been a brand new S4, 335, 135, A4, mustang, etc..... equally shitty of the roommate.

And for some people an E9x M3 will be the closest they ever come to owning a Ferrari.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you guys aren't cool with people driving your cars without permission. Correct?
$35k vs $70k doesn't amount to shit in a conversation about $5.1mil in investment savings.

And I'd never be in a position where a roomy would even begin to have the opportunity for a joyride - despite siding with OP's financial opinions
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #173
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Which banks are these?
Most Lebanese banks have high yielding rates (if you freeze your money they give you 6-7% when you have a certain amount in it) and not one has gone out of biz.
The ones in Cyprus. I know it's over in that half of the world, I didn't feel like taking the time to look it up though
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #174
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
$35k vs $70k doesn't amount to shit in a conversation about $5.1mil in investment savings.

And I'd never be in a position where a roomy would even begin to have the opportunity for a joyride - despite siding with OP's financial opinions
I don't even know what you're talking about.

WTF does it matter how much the car cost compared to a conversation about investments. I'm talking about the OP.

They key component in the OP was that it was a NEW car, not a used car. Even if it were a $35k NEW car the owner likely would like to be the first one to drive it. And all things set a side, a roommate driving your car without permission is a dick move.