BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

EXXEL Distributions

03-30-2023, 01:49 PM   #1
jerry_JL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

A question - how much does it worth in the current market

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi guys,

I have been thinking about selling my e92 M3 for a while. But I wasn't sure about how much it is worth in the current market. Pls share your comments.

Model: 2013 M3 competition Fire orange edition DCT. I'm the third owner.

Mileage: almost 30,000 kilometers - 29,800 now

Condition: mint condition

Modification:
- AK Slip-On Line
- Complete Vision Retrofit LED headlights
- alcantara steering wheel
- 4 new michelin pss tires (under 100km)
Thank you

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 09:23 PM   #2
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

In Canada, maybe $50k-ish in this environment. A dealer might try to buy it cheaply and jack up the price to $65k-$70k.

In the US (BaT, C&B, etc.), maybe US$50-US$60k realistically.

I honestly think that prices on E9x and the car market in general will come down substantially this year. Quite a few dealers sitting on unsold inventory that they bought “high” 6-8 months ago that’s still sitting while those same cars have come down in price since then… then again, who knows?

My take on it is: these cars aren’t investments. Sell them when it’s time to move on or keep them if you’re still enjoying them, not looking to move on and don’t need the money.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 06:43 AM   #3
stanglmeier
Private
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

An Individual Fire Orange 2013 Comp would sell instantly for 50-60K even if it is a DCT.
Beat up 100K KM examples are listed in the 40-50K range.

While I agree that the E9X platform is not an investment, low mileage well cared for examples will always bring top dollar.
As a seller, put yourself in the position of the buyer. I'm willing to pay a premium for the best example I can afford.

OP, car is worth 70-80K CAD (55-65K USD).
Considering the Canadian market is smaller than the US, it may take longer to sell but with spring around the corner, many people are looking to jump into something.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 07:34 AM   #4
SN1P3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Disagree that E9X M3 will depreciate quickly. Enthusiasts love and want the S65 especially in a coupe.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 12:24 AM   #5
Rizvi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3, SilverstoneII

Garage List
W/ 30k kms and this spec, I think it's a CAD $60k+ car. Maybe a little better in the US on BAT or something.might get $60k USD.

This car is a future classic. It was the last of the pretty BMWs. Well rounded. It has the engine, good looks and great handling.

The E30 is royalty, the e46 is the prettiest and the E9x is the best all round, imo. Starting with the F80 we get overstyled cars with superfluous lines and theyrlve started to look like anime characters. Plus the engine sounds like a lawnmower on steroids! The G80 is horrendous, especially that front end!

There's no telling when this car will have a stable value. The economic situation is volatile everywhere right now. And the prices have been volatile too.

Honestly, I think $60-70k is good money. If you have no need to sell and no rush to cash out, enjoy the car, try to keep the mileage low and wait until it goes crazy one day.

I bought my 2011, ss2, dct, e90 for $40k in 2016. I had an accident that wasn't so bad, but insurance totaled the car in Aug. 22. I got a pay out of $46k + tax. I bought a 2011, sg, 6mt, e92 in Oct. For just under $40k w/ a little higher mileage.

This car got me through the worst days of my life. No mater what kind of day I was having, bad day at work, rough day at home, tough night, no sleep, when I was going thru a divorce, it didn't matter... everytime I got a bit of open road and I could rev out past 6 or 7, she put a smile on my face, without fail. My ex wife couldn't do that!

I'm not letting the S65 out of my life unless the value goes crazy. I strongly suspect it will one day, but im happy to keep her forever if it doesn't happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #6
motorsport_marc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have a Santorini Blue with low km's, I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else, to me new cars are a bit too sanitized and disconnected. Fire Orange is a super-rare and desirable individual color, it's probably a 60-70k CAD car, maybe 80k to the right buyer ? Above that, it's an expensive proposition when you have F80's, M2's and G80 M3's selling for not much more, and 10 years newer with a warranty.

If you love your E92 and don't need the money, then keep it, it's a unique proposition and the last of a breed. It's still fast by modern standards, and no manufacturer (except super expensive supercars) is ever going to make a 8500RPM N/A V8.

Cars are not investments, and who knows what will happen to values ?

Personally I think they'll drop over time, new electric cars are a bit shit, but I think once we get proper next generation solid state batteries and 800hp with instant torque, people will forget about gas cars, except hardcore enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 07:54 AM   #7
jerry_JL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Read all of your messages, and really appreciate. I think I will keep the monster for now.
Appreciate 0