BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

04-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

08 E92 M3 Nav DVD error intermittent.

I've searched and found some related posts across the board but nothing conclusive. Just need some pointers where to start. My nav system lately skips or I get the "DVD error" message if I use my nav system to navigate with an address. I usually am not navigating with it, the map display is just up and running daily, but if I input an address, sure enough, it'll skip and I get the error. I'll eject and reinsert the DVD, works for a bit, then error again. Yesterday skipped for the first time without inputted address to navigate. The DVD looks clean. I keep the cab very clean and dust free as much as possible and I'm the original owner with 87K miles. Should I start with a DVD cleaner or new discs?

Cheers!
RB
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I've searched and found some related posts across the board but nothing conclusive. Just need some pointers where to start. My nav system lately skips or I get the "DVD error" message if I use my nav system to navigate with an address. I usually am not navigating with it, the map display is just up and running daily, but if I input an address, sure enough, it'll skip and I get the error. I'll eject and reinsert the DVD, works for a bit, then error again. Yesterday skipped for the first time without inputted address to navigate. The DVD looks clean. I keep the cab very clean and dust free as much as possible and I'm the original owner with 87K miles. Should I start with a DVD cleaner or new discs?

Cheers!
RB
I think that the dvd reader may have some dirt on it. Check on Amazon for a DVD cleaning disk. Check your DVD closely, there may be a faint scratch as well. If it is scratched, see if you have an older version you can run as a check.
Appreciate 0