BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #1849
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
I think that theory has to do with internet people who regress to communicating with pictures. You know, like cave women done did.
Dude, did you forget to take your meds again today?
Appreciate 5
Murf99314114.00
Lady Jane70313.50
BMWGUYinCO4120.00
Sedan_Clan24976.00
      04-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #1850
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
Dude, did you forget to take your meds again today?
Dude, I need a red pill, stat!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #1851
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Anybody can see he is here to rouse, which is fine.....as this is the internet and 'net anonymity is tantamount to liquid courage.....but I will largely ignore him because he's not bringing any substance to the discussion. It's unfortunate because I'm sure he's capable IF he could set aside the silliness.
Clan, you be on the innernet, too!

What substantive articles did you bring to this thread to counter those I linked from NYT, ABC News, and many more?
I started this part of the thread with substance, then I got jumped by the yahoos, who added nothing except opinions, the equivalent of an a-hole, which everyone has.
Why would I need articles when I presented you factual data based on policing in my state?!?

Example: You targeted unions and painted with a broad brush. I presented information that directly disproved the information in the article. I tried to express that not all unions are created equal. Instead you kept pointing to the Texas article. You clearly were not interested in learning anything.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
cmyx6go15683.50
      04-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #1852
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why would I need articles when I presented you factual data based on policing in my state?!?

Example: You targeted unions and painted with a broad brush. I presented information that directly disproved the information in the article. I tried to express that not all unions are created equal. Instead you kept pointing to the Texas article. You clearly were not interested in learning anything.
Simple, and I've said it before, but you just can't accept it:
Your opinion does not compare to that of work published in respected, publicly reviewed places. Clan, if you have written a study or article or something on the subject, pls let us read it! I don't even see you quoting accurate figures, though.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #1853
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Your opinion does not compare to that of work published in respected, publicly reviewed places. Clan, if you have written a study or article or something on the subject, pls let us read it! I don't even see you quoting accurate figures, though.

Murf
Murf, you can’t compare first hand, real life experiences with your so called respected publications. They are all skewed. I spent 10 years with an NYPD Sgt and both my brother in-laws are retired NYPD. I’ve lived it. The stress of the job, the split moment decisions, the worrying if they will come home. Worrying about their mental health because of what they see everyday and getting them to open up so they don’t hold it in. The scrutiny they face from all sides, even the brass. I don’t love unions but they serve a purpose here.

NY doing away with qualified immunity will give us even less police support. It’s sad. Who will want to be a cop?
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #1854
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Murf, you can’t compare first hand, real life experiences with your so called respected publications. They are all skewed. I spent 10 years with an NYPD Sgt and both my brother in-laws are retired NYPD. I’ve lived it. The stress of the job, the split moment decisions, the worrying if they will come home. Worrying about their mental health because of what they see everyday and getting them to open up so they don’t hold it in. The scrutiny they face from all sides, even the brass. I don’t love unions but they serve a purpose here.
Your first line discounts all writing, throughout history! Learning to report & write is a skill taught in college & further. Writing is recorded history.
How many police, ex-cop, pols, etc were quoted in the articles? I wish Clan had his arguments & figures together better, but he don't.
Any article worth its mettle is multi-sourced. My motto: If it isn't in the NYT yet, it isn't true (but I'm flexible). Saves me lots of grief.
Other than that, we have no disagreement that I see.
Last time this gratitude stuff was posted, I said that's how I now feel when I see someone in medical scrubs walk by. That is not a disagreement!
But I didn't get a single "that's right Murf!'" from any of the fanboys.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #1855
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Murf

NY doing away with qualified immunity will give us even less police support. It’s sad. Who will want to be a cop?
You're wasting your time with him.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
      04-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #1856
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I wish there was a way for the anti police crowd to live a day in the life. Just one day should do it.
Appreciate 6
Lady Jane70313.50
Murf99314114.00
Sara5791.00
GERMAN M34181.00
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #1857
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Wtf
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      04-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #1858
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Murf, you can’t compare first hand, real life experiences with your so called respected publications. They are all skewed....
I haven't read up on QI too much, but:
"For example, in 1961, there's this case called Monroe v. Pape, where this Black family, the Monroes, sue Chicago police officers. These police officers, in the wee hours of the morning, broke into these people's house, rounded them up, made them stand completely naked in the living room, searched every room. They were going through all their private stuff, ruining their furniture, ripping covers off of mattresses and going through their drawers. And then they arrest James Monroe, who was the father, detain him and question him for hours.
"The family sues, and the Supreme Court said that yes, they get to sue the officers for what happened to them, because their rights very well may have been violated. The whole point of the existing law is that when an official abuses their position, there is some remedy outside of the criminal court to hold that official accountable."

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/12/87621...-immune-system

I've been harping on the abuse of union power by a quasi-military force, & general un-accountability to the public they serve.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #1859
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I wish there was a way for the anti police crowd to live a day in the life. Just one day should do it.
That would be a dream come true. That, or a day of us being able to say, "Handle your own problems. Don't call us.....for anything!"
Appreciate 4
Murf99314114.00
upstatedoc7555.50
cmyx6go15683.50
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #1860
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
I haven't read up on QI too much, but:
"For example, in 1961, there's this case called Monroe v. Pape, where this Black family, the Monroes, sue Chicago police officers. These police officers, in the wee hours of the morning, broke into these people's house, rounded them up, made them stand completely naked in the living room, searched every room. They were going through all their private stuff, ruining their furniture, ripping covers off of mattresses and going through their drawers. And then they arrest James Monroe, who was the father, detain him and question him for hours.
"The family sues, and the Supreme Court said that yes, they get to sue the officers for what happened to them, because their rights very well may have been violated. The whole point of the existing law is that when an official abuses their position, there is some remedy outside of the criminal court to hold that official accountable."

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/12/87621...-immune-system

I've been harping on the abuse of union power by a quasi-military force, & general un-accountability to the public they serve.
So there are lots of cases where the police have screwed up, a fine example here that you went back to 1961 (60 years ago, the year I was born) for an example. The fact of the matter is this, the police literally interact with the public in the US and North America millions of times every 24 hours without incident. In Canada the rates of Use of Force vs interactions is minuscule, the rates of Use of Force that result in injury even less and the rates of Use of Force that result in death are almost not worth mentioning from a statistical point of view. So you know, in Canada and the USA I suspect isn't much different the presence of police becomes part of the Use of force model....handcuffing is a use of force. This attached study focuses on Calgary Alberta but these numbers extrapolate easily to across Canada and I suspect are close to the numbers statistically that would be found in the USofA. I have used one of the authors Christine Hall to testify regarding use of force by police at a case I did regarding the a police shooting. Here is a report that I think is pretty clear, enjoy reading something from the inter web.

http://www.nletc.com/files/Calgary-Police-Study.pdf
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24976.00
cmyx6go15683.50
      04-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #1861
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Or largely because they commit over 50% of the crime (...mostly against other blacks) while being just 14-ish% of the population. Interestingly enough that blacks voted the guy into office late last year who was responsible for the mass incarceration of blacks via his crime bill. They also continue to put people into office in their cities that do nothing for their community.

....and please don't preach to me about "living while black." I have been doing that for over 40 years.
Not sure what the rules are on your coast, but here they are not allowed to say the race of a perp. My ex would get all the alerts for the borough. They couldn’t say black male in description, only male. Apparently it’s racist if someone says they were attacked or shot by a black male and you repeat it.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24976.00
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #1862
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Not sure what the rules are on your coast, but here they are not allowed to say the race of a perp. My ex would get all the alerts for the borough. They couldn’t say black male in description, only male. Apparently it’s racist if someone says they were attacked or shot by a black male and you repeat it.
I remember when this became a thing....luckily here it died because we quickly ended up detaining people that were wearing an "X" coloured hoody for example but were of the wrong race. The media still doesn't report on the race of suspects here, but then will go on to say if you've seen this person call crime stoppers or 911.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24976.00
cmyx6go15683.50
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #1863
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Or largely because they commit over 50% of the crime (...mostly against other blacks) while being just 14-ish% of the population. Interestingly enough that blacks voted the guy into office late last year who was responsible for the mass incarceration of blacks via his crime bill. They also continue to put people into office in their cities that do nothing for their community.

....and please don't preach to me about "living while black." I have been doing that for over 40 years.
Not sure what the rules are on your coast, but here they are not allowed to say the race of a perp. My ex would get all the alerts for the borough. They couldn't say black male in description, only male. Apparently it's racist if someone says they were attacked or shot by a black male and you repeat it.
We still use race in our descriptors because it's entirely relevant. I can't believe your coast is acting like that..........and I thought Cali was bad. Sheez!
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15683.50
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #1864
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So there are lots of cases where the police have screwed up, a fine example here that you went back to 1961 (60 years ago, the year I was born) for an example. The fact of the matter is this, the police literally interact with the public in the US and North America millions of times every 24 hours without incident. In Canada the rates of Use of Force vs interactions is minuscule, the rates of Use of Force that result in injury even less and the rates of Use of Force that result in death are almost not worth mentioning from a statistical point of view. So you know, in Canada and the USA I suspect isn't much different the presence of police becomes part of the Use of force model....handcuffing is a use of force. This attached study focuses on Calgary Alberta but these numbers extrapolate easily to across Canada and I suspect are close to the numbers statistically that would be found in the USofA. I have used one of the authors Christine Hall to testify regarding use of force by police at a case I did regarding the a police shooting. Here is a report that I think is pretty clear, enjoy reading something from the inter web.

Thanks Murf#2,

I will admit that I speed-read it, so....
Pretty interesting. But I hate to disappoint anyone: What I have posted disputes none of this article.
I find my relation with cops to be similar to my relation with doctors: As people, I like them. Doctors are smart; most cops want to do good. It's when I am the subject of cops or doctors that I don't enjoy it.

On pg 82 I said, "There is also the dynamic that says, "If they be looking at him now, they might be looking at me tomorrow".
Some think less looking is the answer to this problem, rather than better looking."

Nothing too radical, right?
What happened next?

Murf

Shall we go forwards, or backwards?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:13 PM   #1865
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post

Thanks Murf#2,

I will admit that I speed-read it, so....
Pretty interesting. But I hate to disappoint anyone: What I have posted disputes none of this article.
I find my relation with cops to be similar to my relation with doctors: As people, I like them. Doctors are smart; most cops want to do good. It's when I am the subject of cops or doctors that I don't enjoy it.

On pg 82 I said, "There is also the dynamic that says, "If they be looking at him now, they might be looking at me tomorrow".
Some think less looking is the answer to this problem, rather than better looking."

Nothing too radical, right?
What happened next?

Murf

Shall we go forwards, or backwards?
Yeah, you were implying we all turn our heads and ignore, to which I refuted and provided the reasoning AND an example. As always, I haven't a clue what I'm talking about and your articles are empirical evidence of everything.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #1866
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, you were implying we all turn our heads and ignore, to which I refuted and provided the reasoning AND an example. As always, I haven't a clue what I'm talking about and your articles are empirical evidence of everything.
"On pg 82 I said, "There is also... "

The above is not indicative of exclusion, or ignoring, of other factors. I'm sorry my figures differed from yours, but such is life. I always include your rigorous theories when reaching my conclusions, as I also consider other sources.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-06-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #1867
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know it's hard to get the anti-police crowd out of mind, but pls don't confuse those with the I-wish-the-police-were-better crowd!
Many of those same folks wish-for-better-politicians, too! (I wish my proctologist was better too)

Murf

PS: Some of us were "saving lives" at 15 yrs old. Literally.

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-06-2021 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:58 PM   #1868
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I know it's hard to get the anti-police crowd out of mind, but pls don't confuse those with the I-wish-the-police-were-better crowd!
Many of those same folks wish-for-better-politicians, too! (I wish my proctologist was better too)

Murf

PS: Some of us were "saving lives" at 15 yrs old. Literally.
Close your eyes and just think about if you had to worry every single day if your wife would come home after work each day. If you dont live it, you don’t get it.
Appreciate 4
Littlebear3509.50
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      04-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #1869
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Close your eyes and just think about if you had to worry every single day if your wife would come home after work each day. If you dont live it, you don’t get it.
It's called 'empathy'. It is a human emotion. My wife can cry for TV commercials.
In all seriousness, empathy is something that makes us human. People lacking are classified as 'sociopaths', and then 'psychopaths'.

My god father was under water, with not the slightest communication, for 6 months at a time. I understand the sacrifice, unfortunately.

Murf

PS: Do any of you really think I want to live here in Brklyn without lots of the fuzz??
Just one of the reasons we don't object too hard to high taxes....

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-06-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:44 PM   #1870
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Okay, how's this for a nice story?

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/thi...-senior-photos
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50