BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #23
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR

^^ Sorry about that, I didn't know you were talking old Endless pads. I take my words back.
Endless changed their product lines already. I have been running many different compounds from Endless since last year, they are pretty much noise free. Full race compound pads may have a bit squeal when cold, but they would go away after a few braking. That's it.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Where are you guys sourcing your Endless and Project Mu pads here in the States? I'd be interested in both E90 and E46 OEM shape pads.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #25
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Where are you guys sourcing your Endless and Project Mu pads here in the States? I'd be interested in both E90 and E46 OEM shape pads.
We can get both for you, we're a Project Mu dealer and Endless is literally right down the freeway from our facility.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd15 View Post
^^ Sorry about that, I didn't know you were talking old Endless pads. I take my words back.
Endless changed their product lines already. I have been running many different compounds from Endless since last year, they are pretty much noise free. Full race compound pads may have a bit squeal when cold, but they would go away after a few braking. That's it.
No problem. I think I might check out the new offerings sometime. Always look forward to new stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We can get both for you, we're a Project Mu dealer and Endless is literally right down the freeway from our facility.
Please post or PM me a price for Project Mu HC+ and/or Endless Mx72 and Me20 in stock sizes.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #28
j. lecram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe

Re: Proect Mu pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I used to run Project Mu on my old cars. Great pads, they have everything from DD pads to straight race compounds.

I called up Mackin (US Distributor) and they said they can custom make any pad compound that Project Mu carries for M3 fitment. Normally they don't carry them in Euro fitments.

Endless are good too but they don't have many good street/track hybrid pads. Mostly all street or all track pads. So you either have overheating pads on track or crazy squeal on the street.
I track my E92 M3 about 5-6 times a year, mainly up at Thunderhill, and am looking for a good hybrid pad. I've been looking at Endless MX-72 but the specs on the Project Mu HC+ and HC-CS appear better. Have you ever tried the Ferodo DS2500's and if so, how do they compare? According to someone at Road Race Engineering, who carry the Projct Mu's and who seemed quite knowledgable, the Ferodo 2500s are a superior pad to the Project Mu's on the track. Any input here would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have tried the HC-CS, how do they compare to the HC+?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #29
1mPanda
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Hello!
Please tell me, these pads (MA45B) fit on the 1M and they are compatible with stok brakes sensors? Or iDrive show me error?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #30
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. lecram View Post
I track my E92 M3 about 5-6 times a year, mainly up at Thunderhill, and am looking for a good hybrid pad. I've been looking at Endless MX-72 but the specs on the Project Mu HC+ and HC-CS appear better. Have you ever tried the Ferodo DS2500's and if so, how do they compare? According to someone at Road Race Engineering, who carry the Projct Mu's and who seemed quite knowledgable, the Ferodo 2500s are a superior pad to the Project Mu's on the track. Any input here would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have tried the HC-CS, how do they compare to the HC+?
Road Race Engineering sells the Project Mu B-force pads. I used to order them from RRE back when I had an Evo (they are a big DSM and Evo shop). The Ferodo DS2500s are superior to the B-force street pads they sold. They don't carry the other Project Mu products. The HC+ are in a whole other league.

DS2500s are great street pads and light track duty on lightweight cars... but DS2500s have a bad habit of overheating and chunking apart leaving bad pad deposits all over the rotor. It is bad enough to hot spot the rotor and warp it. I ran these for a while until I found good alternatives from Endless and Project Mu. The HC+ has a higher temperature rating and they last longer before they overheat. I have overheated the HC+ before as well but they recover better (wait for them to cool off and drive again) and don't leave pad deposits on the rotor.

As for HC-CS, I haven't tried it before but it looks to be a bit more aggressive than the HC+. The starting temp of the HC-CS is at 50 degrees vs the 0 degrees of the HC+. That means it'll not be good on cold brakes until they warm up.