BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

02-02-2023, 08:31 AM   #1409
Adam2JZZZ
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 335D 400HP + Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Well this is my post, on this thread, regarding using the OE microphone and a Y cable...
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=649

Now I do use the iDrive OE Bluetooth for calls, so I have no issues there, and then for talking to Siri or Google this seems to pick my voice up fine with the Y cable and same microphone. I have tested it with a Bluetooth phone call before (I called my work mobile and left a message to listen back to) and the voice pick-up wasn't good, but it does seem to work OK for Siri and Google, so that's how I use it.

Assuming you do have OE Bluetooth, then this is a good way to work it anyway.
My reasoning for that is that if you have the Bluetooth connection to Mr12volt for calls, but you just happen to be listening to the radio at the time a call comes in then you'd have to switch back to Mr12volt before you can answer it, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear them talking. With using the OE Bluetooth then you can answer a call without having to do anything else because it takes over any other operation you are currently using.
Ah got ya ! Was wondering if just simply buying a seinheisser mic etc would make a world of difference. I noticed there is an update for the p2000 which states improved bt call quality
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 10:38 AM   #1410
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2JZZZ View Post
Ah got ya ! Was wondering if just simply buying a seinheisser mic etc would make a world of difference. I noticed there is an update for the p2000 which states improved bt call quality
I have the latest update but haven't tried another test of the microphone yet.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2023, 06:35 PM   #1411
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

I’ve had my unit installed for a few weeks now and am really liking it. The audio quality is fantastic, massive improvement over my past Bluetooth setup.

There’s just one small issue I have been trying to find a solution for. The volume/power/mute button doesn’t work within CarPlay, it just backs out to iDrive. I wish there was an easier way to pause music other than going into the app within CarPlay and pausing it there.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 04:33 AM   #1412
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
I’ve had my unit installed for a few weeks now and am really liking it. The audio quality is fantastic, massive improvement over my past Bluetooth setup.

There’s just one small issue I have been trying to find a solution for. The volume/power/mute button doesn’t work within CarPlay, it just backs out to iDrive. I wish there was an easier way to pause music other than going into the app within CarPlay and pausing it there.
If you're playing music via an app like Apple Music or Spotify, then as long as you have the Play/Pause button highlighted (ie: where the current curser point is) then if you press the iDrive controller it will pause the music. Then pressing it again will continue play.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 10:10 AM   #1413
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
What are the current recommended audio settings on the dsp and, are these with the cic audio set to flat?

I have the individual/premium system but I’m concerned about what happens to the stock audio outside of CarPlay audio settings.

If you have the individual audio, I recommend using the equalizer settings posted years ago on this forum by Malek in your iDrive and using a flat (unmodulated) setting on the Mr12Volt. This was my approach in my last e9x m3 with that audio package and another carplay box.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...dividual+audio

currently I have an e9x with the 676 HiFi but an aftermarket digital amp. I have the Mr12Volt set as flat or neutral and use the amp's app software to do all the tuning.
Appreciate 1
Thumbie95.50
      02-06-2023, 12:25 PM   #1414
Pacific Standard
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

For CCC, does anyone have a video of the interface working for AA? My issue is I feel navigating the AA screens is clunky without touch screen. Carplay is better set up for that, I think. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #1415
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Anyone know the admin password for changing to the BMW logo instead of mr 12v? The one provided on the first page does not work on newer models. (688612)
I have the new blue one, Model No: P2000-CICMD

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 10:10 PM   #1416
rich4life611
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Just tried to install the newest model on mr12volt onto my CIC e90 m3. For some reason my CIC controller doesn’t work when module is plugged in. But when I unplug it and plug it back into stock it works fine. Maybe I’m missing something?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 02:25 AM   #1417
Amakiir
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

I ran into the same issue. Turns out I wasn't pushing the connector in hard enough. Took way more force than I anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 04:14 AM   #1418
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep

bootlogo.zip

Name:  bootlogo.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  22.1 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
Anyone know the admin password for changing to the BMW logo instead of mr 12v? The one provided on the first page does not work on newer models. (688612)
I have the new blue one, Model No: P2000-CICMD
Final update from me now that I got it all working.
Key Call Outs:
* No relay needed for me to get the back up cam to work with mr12v and a 6mt. I did run a line for power and trigger dash to trunk along with the RCA cable trunk to dash to make it easier for me to do most of the work in the trunk.
* I too had to code to get the CD changer active, it didnt auto activate. Needed to code two things: 1) SVS I drive button on steering wheel to activate Siri. 2) Add CD changer

Here is what I had coded. You can use Bimmercode.(thanks Mike B!)
1) code out the SVS idrive function to get Siri going over the steering wheel button
Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI
Find SVS option and change it to nicht active
CODE -> START CODING

2) Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI
Find CDMM_CHANGER_3 option and change it to mp3_cdc
CODE -> START CODING

*The hardest part for me was finding the back up light trigger wire on an e93 as there are two black violet wires and it turned out to be #4 on the wire harness to the tail light.

Wiring Basics:
I ran the rca cable trunk to dash along with two new wires from dash to trunk (one on the 12v power for rear cam, the other for the trigger for rear cam). I attached the black camera trigger wire to the chassis as a ground. Then I connected the blue trigger wire to my back up light wire harness #4.

Note for E93 Owners:
Getting this to pivot with the hard top required some care and running along the rail with other wires but leaving enough slack and zip tying in the right places so the opening or closing top does not bite or tear out the wiring. Everything is running smoothly after operating the convertable following a delicate open and close process and zip tying/taping as needed along the way. Use black electric tape to bind the wires into a more durable cord and follow the pivot points. Remember the whole trunk lid pivots backward, and you need enough slack available to move with that action. See where BMW wire gudes are and follow them. Go slow and it will not be too hard to get it done without ripping them out your first hard top operation.

Boot Screen:
I also got the password/boot screen logo issue worked out. Don't use the sd card slot, use the usb dongle that you likely wired into the glove box. The newer unit (Model No: P2000-CICMD) does not use a password. Here are the instructions I got from the Mr12v team (cleaned up with my notes added).

Instruction for changing bootup logo:
See above for a sample custom image you can use, just remove the .jpg from the file and add to the USB stick. Also find the update file I got from Mr12v as a zip file. The bootlogo file in that zip file should be replaced with either the one I provided or the one you create following the instructions below.

Preparation:
Take your 16gb or less stick formatted as fat 32.
Unzip the update tool in the attachment above, you will get two files:
update
bootlogo

If you want Create your custom start up image:
Image file must be in .jpg format, 800x400 and less than 30kb in file size
If you create the image in Photoshop, make sure the jpeg is output with "baseline encoding", or simply use Windows Painter/Mac preview to create a jpeg image.
The filename must be saved as bootlogo.jpg at first, but after the image file is created, use file manager to remove the file extension .jpg from bootlogo.jpg. This leaves you with a file called bootlogo with no extension on the end. This is the most common area people fail on the install so be sure you follow this critical step as they unit wont recognize the file if its a .jpg or image type file extensions.

Replace the file bootlogo with the new bootlogo you have just created (or the one I provided above) after you remove the .jpg from the file.
Now place these two files into the USB stick, dont create any folders, just the two files update and bootlogo.

Plug the usb stick into the p2000 usb cable then go to:
P2000 (CD 1 setting from BMW head unit)>Settings>System>Factory Mode>select Reboot
It may trigger the system to think you have entered a USB stick with mp3 files on it, if that happens just back out to the main menu and go to settings.
Once you reboot you should see a red screen, then the text "Update in Progress" and finally you will see the new logo created by you on the screen. Disconnect the stick once you see your logo. Its now updated and the new splash screen will appear if you start the car up from the P2000 instead of the head unit. Its pretty cool when it all comes together!

Hope this helps others. It took me a while to get all this straight and I tried to document so its easy when you have to do it.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...

Last edited by Mvy; 03-06-2023 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 4
      02-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #1419
samak
Rep
Drives: bmw e91 6mt

Quote:
Final update from me now that I got it all working. No relay needed for me to get this to work with mr12v and a 6mt.

I also got the password/boot screen logo issue worked out. Newer unit does not use a password. Here are the instructions I got.
This is awesome to read as I skim back through this thread preparing to install my backup camera and figure out the boot screen.

Update on my unit:
mr12volt ended up just sending me a replacement box to fix my original one that would often display "Demo Mode" in the bottom right corner. Their customer service is great through whatsapp, just be mindful they are in a different time zone somewhere in Asia.

I was able to snap a pic of where I mounted mine, and I am very happy I landed on this location since swapping out the box and now getting back in there for this boot logo update and reverse camera wiring is so much easier than removing the whole glove box or the cic unit.

This is in the back left corner of the passener foot well. See the ac ducts for a reference point. I had to gently push the ducts away from the main wire loom to get the box in but it returns to its natural position once the box is pushed through. And theres enough room to tuck the excess wiring up there as well. Super easy access only having to remove two torx screws to drop the passenger kick panel.
Name:  Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 6.01.10 PM.png
Views: 1515
Size:  3.75 MB
Appreciate 1
Mvy540.50
      02-26-2023, 09:08 PM   #1420
samak
Rep
Drives: bmw e91 6mt

Quote:
In the instructions there are two different image sizes noted, and some other minor errors which make it a bit confusing but you should be able to figure it out from the below.
I sized my image down to 800 x 300 since the cic unit is 1280x480 which is 24:9 (or, 8x3) aspect ratio. Think I might try throwing a 1280X480 on anyway but hesitant it might brick the box or something and most of the time the box is booted up before getting in anyway.

Got alittle carried away throwing an e91 silhouette behind the stock NBT splash screen. Can I call this "OEM+"

Thanks Mvy for the update file!
Name:  Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 9.35.50 PM.png
Views: 1449
Size:  1.09 MB
Appreciate 1
Mvy540.50
      02-27-2023, 05:10 AM   #1421
Yom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hi,
I have the first version P2000 CIC unit, it's working well. My only problem is the search in the phonebook. Is there a way to select the letter "A,B,C,..." instead of scrolling on the names? I cannot use SIRI, because it doesn't recognize the names in my country.

And does anybody have the software for the first P2000 unit? There was a link in the P2000 website, but they removed I just want to change the home button logo in the carplay (not the boot logo).
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #1422
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Samak- thats a great place to put it. I got too deep into the dash and just left it there but ran a micro usb extender to that location under the glove in case I ever need to get to that port. I can even reach the unit by prying apart the side trim to push the reset button but its a bit of a feat.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 11:22 AM   #1423
Dorian9
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW e60 525i n52b25a

Hi, have anyone same troubles? P2000 for cic, works good last few months, but about week ago, i-drive controller wont work at start, need to change from carplay to stock menu via steering wheel, and wait around 10-20secs. After it controller starts work. And sometimes music not playing quiter with PDC turning on, and i heard artifacts in sound, when PDC off or it work correctly no problems with sound.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 11:32 AM   #1424
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian9 View Post
Hi, have anyone same troubles? P2000 for cic, works good last few months, but about week ago, i-drive controller wont work at start, need to change from carplay to stock menu via steering wheel, and wait around 10-20secs. After it controller starts work. And sometimes music not playing quiter with PDC turning on, and i heard artifacts in sound, when PDC off or it work correctly no problems with sound.
Thanks
Have you tried doing a factory reset? P2000 (CD 1 setting from BMW head unit)>Settings>System>Factory Reset

It might help get things working again. Also, check for firmware updates on the mr12v site.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 11:25 AM   #1425
Thumbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:

Final update from me now that I got it all working.

Hope this helps others. It took me a while to get all this straight and I tried to document so its easy when you have to do it.
Many thanks Mvy for your update. Very clear. We would love it if you could combine all your contributions to this thread into a writeup that a mod can sticky. If you have the time that is.

Do you need a coder to code the cd and and steering wheel button? Which one?

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 07:20 PM   #1426
coery
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Has anbody have installed this on ccc, because I have a problem. There is no way to show mr12volt screen. What should i code if i have ccc? I already have cd changer and I bypass it with loop
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 12:46 AM   #1427
Dorian9
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW e60 525i n52b25a

Quote:
Have you tried doing a factory reset? P2000 (CD 1 setting from BMW head unit)>Settings>System>Factory Reset

It might help get things working again. Also, check for firmware updates on the mr12v site.
Already reset to factory, installed lastet update from october 2022, and trying to reconnect main connector on mmi. Now controller not work in mr12volt, only can swap on radio and it works ok in idrive menu. And double click on back button turn on radio, i think controller manage idrive menu under carplay picture

Now it totally lost CAN-control, can change tracks from steering wheel, but cant control with controller and rear camera not turning. Mr12volt support not response. Any ideas?

Last edited by Dorian9; 03-06-2023 at 01:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 01:52 PM   #1428
coery
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

I have a porblem with my unit. I can connect to car play and listen the music, but nothing is showed on a screen. When i come back to ccc interface everything is ok. Screen just dim when i select cd1. Same thing is happen when i disconnect lvds cable from mr12volt unit
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 02:27 AM   #1429
Nemonemo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E63 2007

Hi i installed the Mr 12 Volt module like the description. But now I can't see my factory Bluetooth "BMW XXXX" anymore. My emergency button is constantly blinking. Plss help I need my factory Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #1430
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemonemo View Post
Hi i installed the Mr 12 Volt module like the description. But now I can't see my factory Bluetooth "BMW XXXX" anymore. My emergency button is constantly blinking. Plss help I need my factory Bluetooth
You may have missed one of the wire plugs back into the head unit. Be sure you got all of them plugged back in. On mine there are several different colors, there is the main black rectangle wire harness big block, then there are a bunch of smaller round/rectangle plugs one blue, black, tan and pink. I plugged 5 total things back into the head unit when I was done and my bluetooth is working and can connect to both mr12v and the BMW headunit, switching when I get a call or use Siri.

Appreciate 0