BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-13-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Brembo GT 365/345 kit Brake Pads?

I want to see what options I have out there.

I've bought ENDLESS before and they are absolutely amazing but my car is a daily driver so it might be overkill.

Anyone else recommend something with low brake dust and good initial bite?

Let me know, greatly appreciated and the part numbers!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 02:23 AM   #2
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

... Brembo. Not necessarily low dust, but then.. it’s a BBK. They are perfect for the street, daily driving, and weekend/canyon driving, probably even light track duty. What are you looking for compared to what they came with originally?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Low dust and good bite aren't going to go hand-in-hand unfortunately. Pads that are designed to have good bite use materials that make more dust than something like a low-dust ceramic pad. You'll have to decide what is more important to you, low dust or feel/performance. In my almost 20 years in the brake business, I have unfortunately not yet seen a pad that is great at both!

If you want versatile performance, I'd suggest the Ferodo DS2500. We have lots of users here on the forum running them on the stock brakes or our AP Racing brake kits. They can be daily driven, taken to the canyons, autoX, and even some light track duty. They are easy on discs, easy to bed-in, and they feel great. They are not low dust however.

The DS2500 is very similar to the D1001 pads (made by Ferodo) that ship with Brembo kits, but they are less expensive.

Here are the ones for the Brembo Mono6 (six piston):
https://www.essexparts.com/ferodo-ds2500-brake-pads1027
You can verify their size and cross-reference Brembo numbers on the Ferodo site:
https://ecat.ferodoracing.com/produc...s/code/FRP3099

Here are the mono4 (four piston):
https://www.essexparts.com/ferodo-ds2500-brake-pads522
Ferodo site:
https://ecat.ferodoracing.com/produc...s/code/FCP1281

If you sign up for our email newsletter on our homepage, we offer a 10% discount on these as well. Thanks, and hopefully that helps!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Thank you so much for the advice and replacement parts. I'm going to see if I can get a price on Endless first then I will see what happens as I don't think I will need Endless this time around. The car is mainly a daily driver so I don't want to be splurging on parts I don't necessarily need.
Definitely consider the DS2500.
Appreciate 1