BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

PSDesigns BMW M3 GTS Style Arm Rest Delete

Hi guys,

Here in the UK there is a shining star in the way of PSDesigns who is designing and manufacturing some awesome parts for the E9X range of cars. He has been focusing on the E46 but with the rising popularity of the E9X range, he has been developing more awesome parts

Have you ever dreamt of have the arm rest delete just like in the GTS but looked at the huge price and thought better of it? Well now is your chance to get this arm rest delete and really finish off your interior.

The stylish yet versatile genuine Alcantara trimmer piece is available in both left and right hand drive orientations so it’s not just a uk only piece. Even better, it is suitable for all E9X 3 series models.

The BMW E92 M3 GTS are now very elusive and if you are to find a genuine piece in a garage you are looking at oem prices of around $1500. Well here is the amazing news, for just £175 ($231 as of 21st October 2017) plus shipping you can have this in your car in no time at all. Give your car the finishing touch it deserves.

Following this link, it will take you through direct to the website where you can order. http://www.psdesignsglobal.com/produ...m-rest-delete/
You can also contact Pete direct at sales@psdesigns.global or go straight to his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PSDesigns.global/?fref=ts

Anyway, time for the good bit. The pictures!

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

Just got mine, now I need to install!
      10-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #3
Loadedl77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speedhunter

Been eyeing that armrest delete, maybe we can get a group buy going
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
jmeek83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe

So I love this idea and saw one at Performance Eurowerks here outside of Chicago. The quality looked great.

Honest question, can this be covered in anything other than alcantara? I want one, but let's face it, most of our cars have zero alcantara in them. How about a matching black novillo leather or pebbled vinyl like the stock armrest? I'm just looking for something that matches the stock interior.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #5
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeek83 View Post
So I love this idea and saw one at Performance Eurowerks here outside of Chicago. The quality looked great.

Honest question, can this be covered in anything other than alcantara? I want one, but let's face it, most of our cars have zero alcantara in them. How about a matching black novillo leather or pebbled vinyl like the stock armrest? I'm just looking for something that matches the stock interior.
Agree with this. Would be awesome in novillo.

In my case, I grabbed an armrest off a 335i (lower profile, no split) and had that re-done in black novillo. But a novillo delete would be great, too.
Appreciate 1
jmeek8337.00
      10-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
Just got mine, now I need to install!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadedl77 View Post
Been eyeing that armrest delete, maybe we can get a group buy going
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeek83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Agree with this. Would be awesome in novillo.

In my case, I grabbed an armrest off a 335i (lower profile, no split) and had that re-done in black novillo. But a novillo delete would be great, too.
So guys, I have an answer for you!
In regards to going for Novillo leather, he hasn’t done a leather finish before, but he is looking into this. It’s a good idea though and has peaked his interest

And as for a group buy, he is going to see about going for a leather version and will update there.

He is now a member of the forum, but if more people show an interest, I’m sure that will help influence a group buy. Get telling people
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

How is this piece installed?

Remove the old and then snap in the new or does it have to be put on with tape?
      10-24-2017, 12:44 AM   #8
Grant8311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I had it, now ebisu8 has it, lol. I wish the foam part was formed / placed more like the factory part instead of the layout it has. (Factory: longitudinal, PS: transverse)However. at 17% the cost of the OEM part (reference price from IND). It's damn good for the money.

The piece just sits in place or the armrest and the foam keeps it snug. I wish they compensated for longitudinal movement (ebisu8 you shouldn't have that problem. that is why the rubber pads are there so it doesn't slide back and forth.) Its not a huge issue, even velcro can solve this problem.

This piece really helped me as shifting a 6MT is very awkward for me with the armrest in place.
Appreciate 1
ebisu81070.50
      11-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #9
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

I’d love to integrate the ability to reuse the latch from the OEM arm rest. Does the OEM GTS come with hardware and have a latch?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #10
Grant8311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
I’d love to integrate the ability to reuse the latch from the OEM arm rest. Does the OEM GTS come with hardware and have a latch?
I totally agree, I wish it was able to open and close like the factory armrest.
Unfortunately the GTS piece is the same, no latch or hardware.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #11
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant8311 View Post
I totally agree, I wish it was able to open and close like the factory armrest.
Unfortunately the GTS piece is the same, no latch or hardware.
Maybe I should find a spare stock arm rest, take it apart and try to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 12:54 AM   #12
psiddy81
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Maybe I should find a spare stock arm rest, take it apart and try to make it work.
Good morning, my name is Pete, I'm the owner of PSDesigns. Glad you guys like our GTS arm rest delete.

To answer the issue of the item folding, we looked at producing a folding version and decided that the cost implications were too great, not to mention that the OE arm rest hinge (on the non-GTS part, the GTS part as mentioned doesn't hinge as per our part) is very bulky abs plastic, this means that the minimum thickness of the arm rest would be about 1.5" which total negates the purpose for having a GTS style arm rest (ours is only 5mm (13/64) thick. If you want a folding Alcantara Arm rest I would suggest having the OE item retrimmed. The majority want it to remove the obstacle it causes when shifting in anger so to speak, or like the cosmetic enhancement of a GTS style part.

If anyone would like an arm rest feel free to contact us, I believe our contact details are in the initial post on this thread, as a non forum sponsor I don't want to commercially advertise and get banned before I have had a chance to contribute!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:58 AM   #13
Obi Wong Kenobi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Would be interested if pricing was right, or if Fox Red leather was involved
      11-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #14
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiddy81 View Post
Quote:
Good morning, my name is Pete, I'm the owner of PSDesigns. Glad you guys like our GTS arm rest delete.

To answer the issue of the item folding, we looked at producing a folding version and decided that the cost implications were too great, not to mention that the OE arm rest hinge (on the non-GTS part, the GTS part as mentioned doesn't hinge as per our part) is very bulky abs plastic, this means that the minimum thickness of the arm rest would be about 1.5" which total negates the purpose for having a GTS style arm rest (ours is only 5mm (13/64) thick. If you want a folding Alcantara Arm rest I would suggest having the OE item retrimmed. The majority want it to remove the obstacle it causes when shifting in anger so to speak, or like the cosmetic enhancement of a GTS style part.

If anyone would like an arm rest feel free to contact us, I believe our contact details are in the initial post on this thread, as a non forum sponsor I don't want to commercially advertise and get banned before I have had a chance to contribute!
Thanks for the reply! Good to know on the added thickness. I didn't think of that. I'll leave it as is!
      11-16-2017, 01:11 AM   #15
psiddy81
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wong Kenobi View Post
Would be interested if pricing was right, or if Fox Red leather was involved
We are looking into the possibility of offering leather trimmed variants.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Good to know on the added thickness. I didn't think of that. I'll leave it as is!
Not a problem, glad the response was useful.
Appreciate 2
Hujan566.50
      11-16-2017, 10:42 AM   #16
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 05:41 AM   #17
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Not a problem, glad the response was useful.
I'd be interested if it comes in leather. I don't have any Alcantara to tie it in with.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #18
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Did we ever get a group buy going for these?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #19
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincE92M3 View Post
Did we ever get a group buy going for these?
Ill be in for the group buy.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #20
Loadedl77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speedhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
Ill be in for the group buy.
#Metoo
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #21
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

I'd love a leather variant as well. I'm a big boy and my sweaty arm would ruin the alcantara in no time.

How difficult is it to remove the armrest? I use the charger in the arm rest on occasion so being able to use that would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #22
jmeek83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasghetti View Post
I'd love a leather variant as well. I'm a big boy and my sweaty arm would ruin the alcantara in no time.

How difficult is it to remove the armrest? I use the charger in the arm rest on occasion so being able to use that would be nice.
Removing the armrest is a piece of cake. There's a couple pins, spring, and gear that moves the armrest up and down. I have this and i have no issue using the charger / USB input.

It perfectly aligned my elbow with my arm for shifting. Ergonomically it's much better. I agree, I consider a leather variant to be a preferable given sweat and that very few of our cars have Alcantara in them. Seems like an oversight that PS was looking into but never provided a option for.
13 M3 Coupe Stripper 6MT Space Gray / Black / Carbon - Dinan intake, pulley, springs, toe links, monoballs, strut braces, ride and handling kit with Bilstein B8's, MPE V2, MP Carbon Spoiler, UCP, Autosolutions SSK, Turner Solid Subframe bushings, Goodridge ss lines
Appreciate 1