BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
heatfan03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328XI BMW E90 Black

MDCT Without Technology Package

Ok,
so there is an 2008 M3 with every option I like at the dealership apart from the technology package. It still has the Electronic Dampening Control and the MDCT. Basically I am only wondering what it will be like without the M drive. Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the addition that allows you to choose settings for how the car revs. How will the revs be without the M drive.
- Chris
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

This question has been answered before.

Without MDrive you lose the ability to store your EDC, Servotronic (steering), Drivelogic (M-DCT), DSC and Power (throttle sensitivity) settings for recall later via a button on the steering wheel (the "M" button).

You also lose some settings entirely:

- MDM mode for DSC
- Sport Plus for Power
- Sport for Servotronic

You do not lose any functionality with respect to M-DCT. However, the fact that you lose the Sport Plus Power setting could in theory alter the way you perceive the M-DCT's behavior. The reason I say this is that some people have reported that on Sport Plus, the M-DCT lag is noticeably reduced. But even with just the regular Sport setting it should be reduced somewhat as well.
Appreciate 0