BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

01-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender View Post
+1. M cars come out from the dealer allocation. So no incentive. Bad idea to do ED on M cars unless people want to try them on Autobahn
I agree with your first statements but not the last. Nothing bad about the idea really. If you like to travel, you'll love Europe even if its not saving you on the car. And as far as driving on the Autobahn (or anywhere in Europe, really) its practically a must at least once in your lifetime. And with an M3 it would absolutely insane.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #24
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Now View Post
did you pay for one of their recommended tours or you drove in Europe on your own? Also assuming that you have to be careful speeding and accelerating in a new car did you find it diffecult to enjoy the autobahn? just few questions i have since i am considering ED myself next year. Thanks
We drove on our own. The tours look real nice but super expensive. We were able to enjoy the driving just fine by going fast without over revving the engine.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. But wait, I thought the criteria recommended is don't redline, keep the RPM's varied, and don't go over 100MPH for the first 1250 miles. That last one sure would suck on the Autobahn. I can do 100MPH pretty safely on US highways afterall.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 06:36 AM   #25
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
e put over 2300 miles on the car. This was a two week trip. The M3 needs service at 1200 miles, so you'd have to stop and get it serviced if it was longer than a week. And I do recommend going longer than a week. There is just so much to explore.
Haha! That's right. I plan on going for three weeks and driving well over 2,000 miles so I'm going to have to stop and get it serviced. Any idea how long that will take? I sure hope it can be done in a day (drop it off in the morning, stay the night in a nearby hotel, and pick it up the next morning).

Also, anyone know about BMW's insurance deal? How long do they cover the car for you? Is it two or three weeks?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #26
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josowski View Post
As one mentioned above, if you are planning to do a lot of driving, contact Beewag on bimmerfest.com to get the DVDs for the GMS system (if ordering one) they will be quite helpful.

What's the GMS system? Do you mean GPS system? Doesn't BMW give you a nav DVD for Europe if you do ED?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
I thought the criteria recommended is don't redline, keep the RPM's varied, and don't go over 100MPH for the first 1250 miles. That last one sure would suck on the Autobahn. I can do 100MPH pretty safely on US highways afterall.
Precisely why one week is not long enough, unless you plan to drive night and day to squeeze in all the mileage.

Quote:
Haha! That's right. I plan on going for three weeks and driving well over 2,000 miles so I'm going to have to stop and get it serviced. Any idea how long that will take? I sure hope it can be done in a day (drop it off in the morning, stay the night in a nearby hotel, and pick it up the next morning).
Probably about a day, but I am not sure since I've never had service in Europe. You'll definitely want to arrange it ahead of time, though that will be tough if you don't have an exact route planned out (so maybe you will have to plan, for at least the first 1200 miles).

Quote:
Also, anyone know about BMW's insurance deal? How long do they cover the car for you? Is it two or three weeks?
As far as I know it is two weeks. Maybe you could get it extended a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #28
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
What's the GMS system? Do you mean GPS system? Doesn't BMW give you a nav DVD for Europe if you do ED?
No, BMW will give you only the USA DVD upon USA delivery. You could order an European DVD for $165 plus shipping before ED, though... or just do what the previous poster advised you, borrow/rent the Euro DVD at Bimmerfest.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #29
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:

Coverage is for 14 days; extra coverage is available for purchase in blocks of 30 days, with a maximum of 6 blocks (months). Go to www.bmwusa.com for prices and details...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
bobr2001
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F11

Quote:
... and don't go over 100MPH for the first 1250 miles. That last one sure would suck on the Autobahn.
i would have a very hard time keeping the max speed below 150mph!

is it possible for amis to get ed on the m3?
Appreciate 0