BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

05-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #1
O2ShootTheJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW/FR

Underdrive pulley - cannot find correct belt

Hey guys, I have a VF650 kit and AFE underdrive pulley on my car. My power steering belt is in need of replacement but I cannot seem to find the correct belt.

I've engaged with AFE multiple times, and they've given me the same part number I had previously found/ordered in their instructions. 6pk1035. The problem is that both the product image on their website, and my car show a double sided belt. 6pk1035 is a single sided belt. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and would be able to help?

I've literally been looking for months. Getting close to removing the underdrive pulley and going back to a factory belt

Name:  belt picture.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  219.5 KB
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

if you scroll down their product images they show two different belts in the images.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I can’t help with the PS belt but am curious whether the AFE pulley underdrives only the PS or also the supercharger.

If you could compare stock single side length to AFE single side length then you would know how much shorter to go from stock double sided. Belts all use that same code for ribs and length so if you type in what you need, you should find it or something within a few mm.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
O2ShootTheJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I can’t help with the PS belt but am curious whether the AFE pulley underdrives only the PS or also the supercharger.

If you could compare stock single side length to AFE single side length then you would know how much shorter to go from stock double sided. Belts all use that same code for ribs and length so if you type in what you need, you should find it or something within a few mm.
I haven't actually laid eyes on it. The guy doing the work (discovered it while swapping alternator which requires removal of supercharger) said that our only other option is probably to go back to factory pulley, which would spin supercharger faster. So maybe it does both? I can ask next time I'm over there.

I've been trying to find the correct length double sided belt but no luck so far.

Edit: actually just stumbled on a old thread. The older build 08's had a different PS/belt configuration. This may be the belt I need https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...m3-11287841529
Appreciate 0