BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

06-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #1
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13' e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Don't do business with jl motoring

It takes a lot for me to actually post about a customer experience and pretty disappointed overall.

I have ordered many parts from JL Motoring before and didn't have any complaints as I didn't really have any issues and overall I like to consider myself to be a very understanding and patient individual... more than most.

A few months back I had purchased a 1x1 GTS style rear diffuser. It states on their website that this is a 1x1 weave. After about 2 weeks, the part arrives, and like many enthusiasts here, felt like a kid in a candy shop. You can imagine my surprise that the part was a 2x2 weave.. not matching the product description and unfortunately, the remaining carbon fiber parts on my e92 M3. For context, my front lip, side skirts, mirror caps, and roof are all 1x1 weave.

I contacted JL and inquired about why the product didn't match what was advertised and that I'd like a 1x1 weave rear diffuser. I was informed that they were currently out of stock and that I'd need to wait 2-3 weeks for them to become available OR I could take a $60 discount and keep the 2x2.......

This has now become a larger inconvenience but, again, I'm pretty patient and understanding and say, that's fine just please let me know when the 1x1 weave arrives and if you could send that out ASAP that would be great. No response. I have since emailed JL Motoring 4 times over the past week and a half to 2 weeks with no updates to my order and overall frustrated that I will most likely now be waiting 2-3 MONTHS to receive from day of purchase.

Still no response on their end and this lack of communication and customer experience has put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm hoping for an update soon...

Last edited by TYNKUP; 06-28-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wanted to provide an update for everyone. It still requires me to send roughly 5 emails before I receive a response from their "customer support," team. The part was supposed to be done and shipped by the end of this week (now over a month and a half since I've placed the order). Still no tracking #.

This is beyond frustrating and it's ridiculous that this is how they treat their customers. It's the last time I'll buy anything from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Another update:

This company is such a joke it's ridiculous. So for context, last week I had stated that if the part was not going to be here by next week I'd like a refund on my order but they assured me that the part will come in this week and we agreed to keep the order. I followed up today asking if the part was in stock now. Instead, they just refunded my order this very moment and said they refunded my order last week. Tried calling their # throughout the day and no one answers the phone.

This is beyond laughable. Don't do business with JL Motoring. Save your time, energy, and money and go to a reputable company like IND... or really any other vendor.

Last edited by TYNKUP; 06-28-2019 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 3
      07-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #4
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYNKUP View Post
Another update:

This company is such a joke it's ridiculous. So for context, last week I had stated that if the part was not going to be here by next week I'd like a refund on my order but they assured me that the part will come in this week and we agreed to keep the order. I followed up today asking if the part was in stock now. Instead, they just refunded my order this very moment and said they refunded my order last week. Tried calling their # throughout the day and no one answers the phone.

This is beyond laughable. Don't do business with JL Motoring. Save your time, energy, and money and go to a reputable company like IND... or really any other vendor.
Just FYI. I don't know which rear diffuser you ordered. But RW carbon has two 1x1 weave diffusers. I read other users reviews on this forum and they seem to have good track record. I may order from them in the near future as well. Sorry about your experience. Hope it all works out, maybe call CC company and reverse the charges?
      07-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the heads up. I spoke to someone over at a different vendor so might go that route and see if I have better luck. Appreciate the tip!
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Agreed.

Their customer support/ after sale support is not the greatest. I bought a side of side skirt extension from them couple years ago. Before the sale, they would reply to PM and emails within the hour even later in the evening hours. After the sale, clear coat on one skirt extension delaminated from CF. Sent a bunch of emails and PMs to them, no response. Took about a month to hear back and all they said was to polish it. Till this day I have no idea how they think polishing will fix the gel coat when it is separated from the carbon underneath.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 06:29 AM   #7
TYNKUP
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Agreed.

Their customer support/ after sale support is not the greatest. I bought a side of side skirt extension from them couple years ago. Before the sale, they would reply to PM and emails within the hour even later in the evening hours. After the sale, clear coat on one skirt extension delaminated from CF. Sent a bunch of emails and PMs to them, no response. Took about a month to hear back and all they said was to polish it. Till this day I have no idea how they think polishing will fix the gel coat when it is separated from the carbon underneath.
I hope you were able to get a refund
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:20 AM   #8
Califurnia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08’ E90 M3

Ordered a diffuser almost 2 months ago. Still waiting on it. They keep saying it'll be fulfilled (this week, tomorrow, today) with different excuses as to why it hasn't shipped. Don't do business. Sounds like they're a drop shipping company, they take the money and have others fulfill the order.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:27 AM   #9
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

That's what you have bank/CC protection for. Call them, provide them with proof that you received a product you did not order and have them investigate and do a chargeback for you. Seems like an open and shut case to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 02:16 AM   #10
patroklai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3

Recieved a gts-V lip from JL motoring that was clearly used/returned by a previous customer. It had been drilled and cut in several places. When I test fitted against the bumper I understood why it was returned. This thing simply will not fit our bumper. The previous buyer probably started to cut into it to make it fit before giving up. Unbelievable they would even do this. Fitment is 0/10. A copy of a copy of a copy that has deformed through the multiple copy cycles.

Working on the return/refund now. Hopefully it won't take me months to solve like others on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 06:03 AM   #11
BMWtrii
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, F80 M4 & x5

Wow
Appreciate 0