BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-04-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Revozsport: Buyer beware.

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Revozsport (http://www.revozport.com) and thought I'd share my story as a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of doing business with them.

I was in the market for a replica GTS wing and another member recommended them. He had purchased a GTS replica from them and was satisfied with the fit and finish of his wing.

I took the plunge and ordered one for $1,000 on 6/29/17. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. After week 3 came and went with no followup, I emailed them to ask when the wing would ship. I was told it would ship the end of the week. When that day came and went, I emailed them again. Again, they said it would ship shortly.

By August 3rd, after the wing was two weeks overdue, I emailed them one last time. This time I was told they were "switching offices" and that they would get back to me in a week or so. I was done and told them to cancel my order. I heard nothing. I followed up on August 5th to confirm they had cancelled my order. They responded that the wing had just shipped out that day and was already on its way.

It arrived several days later. I was ready to put the delay behind me until I opened up the box and saw that, rather than the satin black wing I was promised, the entire top half of the wing was unpainted. It was just bare purple primer.

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Revozsport (http://www.revozport.com) and thought I'd share my story as a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of doing business with them.

I was in the market for a replica GTS wing and another member recommended them. He had purchased a GTS replica from them and was satisfied with the fit and finish of his wing.

I took the plunge and ordered one for $1,000 on 6/29/17. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. After week 3 came and went with no followup, I emailed them to ask when the wing would ship. I was told it would ship the end of the week. When that day came and went, I emailed them again. Again, they said it would ship shortly.

By August 3rd, after the wing was two weeks overdue, I emailed them one last time. This time I was told they were "switching offices" and that they would get back to me in a week or so. I was done and told them to cancel my order. I heard nothing. I followed up on August 5th to confirm they had cancelled my order. They responded that the wing had just shipped out that day and was already on its way.

It arrived several days later. I was ready to put the delay behind me until I opened up the box and saw that, rather than the satin black wing I was promised, the entire top half of the wing was unpainted. It was just bare purple primer:

Revozsport's website absolutely conveyed the impression that the wing would be painted. Every single photo on the website of the product showed the wing painted (and actually showed it with a foil hologram logo not unlike those on ball caps):

Most importantly, at no point did they state anything that the wing would need paint, in which case I wouldn't have bought it.

I suspect that they simply rushed the wing out the door when I asked them to cancel the order. The build quality is actually not bad; it's a pretty decent copy of RKP's GTS replica. But I'm not interested in spending more money to paint this.

I reached out to them to ask that they send me a refund and a shipping label so I could return it to them. They had the audacity to demand a 15% re-stocking fee. I refused to pay a re-stocking fee; they should take the wing back and give me a full refund since the wing they sent was not the one I was promised. (Not to mention that re-stocking fees are illegal when they are not disclosed in advance, which this was not.)

They eventually stopped responding to my emails so I went ahead and opened up a claim with PayPal. I sent them a message (as required) on PayPal's dispute center and they never responded. (Surprise, surprise.) I then escalated the claim and they responded by offering me $1.00 the dispute.

In sum, if my experience is any indication, Revozsport will promise you a painted wing in 2-3 weeks, but will send you an unpainted wing 6 weeks after you order and will pretty much demonstrate some of the worst customer service imaginable along the way.

It's a shame because, as I mentioned, the build quality is actually pretty good for a rep, but this type of customer service is beyond ridiculous. Buyer beware with this company.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

that is some bullshit right there.
      09-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
azndrunk74
Major
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F10 M5

damn that sucks. been looking for a nice GTS wing and will have to avoid these guys
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Typical trash company that isn't transparent for the get-go then has to make up for lost time by screwing up even more so.

Hope you get this figured out.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
damn that sucks. been looking for a nice GTS wing and will have to avoid these guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Typical trash company that isn't transparent for the get-go then has to make up for lost time by screwing up even more so.

Thanks for the support, guys. They are a complete joke of an operation. It's probably no coincidence that it is a Chinese company that has no regard for consumer protection or satisfaction. Absolutely no scruples.

Astonishingly, PayPal found against me so I am stuck with the wing. The build quality is actually good, but it needs paint so I am probably going to end up having to sell it at a loss. But I am praying that Revozsport will lose more money as a result of this from bad publicity than I will.
Appreciate 1
redpriest2145.50
      09-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Unfortunate that businesses of this nature can stay open.

I'm sure the forum / as myself appreciate your posting - and will warn any friends of the wrong doing.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #7
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Thanks for the support, guys. They are a complete joke of an operation. It's probably no coincidence that it is a Chinese company that has no regard for consumer protection or satisfaction. Absolutely no scruples.

Astonishingly, PayPal found against me so I am stuck with the wing. The build quality is actually good, but it needs paint so I am probably going to end up having to sell it at a loss. But I am praying that Revozsport will lose more money as a result of this from bad publicity than I will.
Paypal sucks in this regard
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #8
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post

WTF, they delivered an unfinished product!!
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

What about your CC?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #10
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Did you pay via CC or bank account? You should explore options with either source of funding; they will be much more likely to side with you than paypal.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #11
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

That sucks. I bought my 1M lip from them for my bumper conversion over the winter and had no issues. Came earlier than expected, too.