BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

08-29-2016, 05:02 AM   #1
fatal777
Registered
Rep
Drives: At the moment A4 2.0TDI :)

Question about 1/4 mile time

Hello everyone, i wasn't sure where to post my questions so i post it here
I'm interested in drag racing and for a long time i'm wondering how come that times in US and EU are always different. I'm talking exactly about two most popular sites and Youtube channels in terms of drag racing (i'm not sure if i can post the names ). The times on Russian events are always about 1 sec slower than it should be, for example: Audi R8 with 920hp are doing about 11.1-11.5 sec, while stock do exactly same normally... Porsche 911Turbo with PDK and 900-950 hp do 10.7-11.5 times, while it's stock 500-560 range... There are always couple BMW M6 and M5 which have 700-800 hp and run high 11s/low 12... First i thought I saw maybe just not skilled drivers, bad start etc. but in time i see that even with good launch the times are always worse. Tell me why is it so? Question to all the drag experts On another forum someone told me that in US is something like rolling start, so ET starts to be measured while car is already moving and the time for example from 5-60 mph is much shorter than from 0 to 60 mph and that's make the difference. Is that correct? Greetings and thank's in advance for reply.
Appreciate 0