BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #23
Real Dodger
Always exploring.....
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3946
Rep
4,829
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
The ebbs and flows of economies cannot be instantaniously judged. It can be to the benifit or disadvantage of the interchanging administrations when changes are made.

If Trump is of benefit then it may take years to truly realize it.

No matter what ive always known. someone will take a hit for the terrible decisions that our past administrations have taken.

Trump has made (a few) steps in the right direction. I hope his steps will see positive resultz. But he the fall guy for sure right now for sure. We will know more as things span out.

I know one thing. Qualitative easing (in the past 16 years) only made a heard reality a heavier hit to realize.

I pray that he is taking the hit in order to fix everything. Somebody must take the hit.
Our administration's?
No.

Is trump taking a hit?
Probably not.
__________________
praeses decurrit sicut puella
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #24
minn19
Brigadier General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4028
Rep
4,850
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
The ebbs and flows of economies cannot be instantaniously judged. It can be to the benifit or disadvantage of the interchanging administrations when changes are made.

If Trump is of benefit then it may take years to truly realize it.

No matter what ive always known. someone will take a hit for the terrible decisions that our past administrations have taken.

Trump has made (a few) steps in the right direction. I hope his steps will see positive resultz. But he the fall guy for sure right now for sure. We will know more as things span out.

I know one thing. Qualitative easing (in the past 16 years) only made a heard reality a heavier hit to realize.

I pray that he is taking the hit in order to fix everything. Somebody must take the hit.
Not being sarcastic here and this a serious question. What hit is he or the Republicans taking? He appears to be doing what a populist President does, which is try to make everybody happy (in Trump's case big business/top 1% especially). This rarely works out well in then for economies.

I agree about most of what you say, but also like I said and articles are this is a Republican budget signed by Trump. I'm not saying they could've balanced it right off the bat, but considering they hold all the power in government, it certainly seems like they could've done much better than this considering how good the economy is. In Trump's own words, one of the best ever supposedly.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1333.50

      10-16-2018, 08:12 PM   #25
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1334
Rep
1,487
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
And China holds the biggest % of our foreign owned debt. WTF are we doing to ourselves. It's like a train wreck in slow motion.
Look who the engineer is.
Appreciate 2
WolfGTI121.00

      10-16-2018, 08:30 PM   #26
irishbimmer
Major
361
Rep
1,042
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

But, what about Hillary's emails?
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1333.50

      10-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #27
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
3313
Rep
1,937
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Look who the engineer is.
Bingo. You're good, sir! Though I haven't done any "real" engineering in years.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1333.50

      10-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #28
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2546
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Look who the engineer is.
Hmm... I see several engineers manning the train, including..

List of US Presidents and % increase in the federal budget deficit:

Lyndon Johnson: 11 percent increase
Richard Nixon: 20 percent increase
Gerald Ford: 38 percent increase
Jimmy Carter: 36 percent increase
Ronald Reagan: 82 percent increase
George H.W. Bush: 36 percent increase
George W. Bush: 57 percent increase
Barack Obama: 57 percent increase
Donald Trump: 21 percent increase


So this obviously isn't a Trump problem or a Republican problem, it is an America problem. The only president in our lifetimes that hasn't massively increased the budget deficit is Bill Clinton, it that is mostly like due to Newt Gingrich more than anyone else.

Bill Clinton: 1 percent decrease
__________________
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Appreciate 7
minn194027.50
Zugzwang720.00
MKSixer8682.00
arkie667.00

      10-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #29
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1148
Rep
919
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Hmm... I see several engineers manning the train, including..

List of US Presidents and % increase in the federal budget deficit:

Lyndon Johnson: 11 percent increase
Richard Nixon: 20 percent increase
Gerald Ford: 38 percent increase
Jimmy Carter: 36 percent increase
Ronald Reagan: 82 percent increase
George H.W. Bush: 36 percent increase
George W. Bush: 57 percent increase
Barack Obama: 57 percent increase
Donald Trump: 21 percent increase


So this obviously isn't a Trump problem or a Republican problem, it is an America problem. The only president in our lifetimes that hasn't massively increased the budget deficit is Bill Clinton, it that is mostly like due to Newt Gingrich more than anyone else.

Bill Clinton: 1 percent decrease

get out of here with facts
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 3
MKSixer8682.00
OnerDriver1662.50

      10-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #30
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
3357
Rep
11,046
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Hmm... I see several engineers manning the train, including..

List of US Presidents and % increase in the federal budget deficit:

Lyndon Johnson: 11 percent increase
Richard Nixon: 20 percent increase
Gerald Ford: 38 percent increase
Jimmy Carter: 36 percent increase
Ronald Reagan: 82 percent increase
George H.W. Bush: 36 percent increase
George W. Bush: 57 percent increase
Barack Obama: 57 percent increase
Donald Trump: 21 percent increase


So this obviously isn't a Trump problem or a Republican problem, it is an America problem. The only president in our lifetimes that hasn't massively increased the budget deficit is Bill Clinton, it that is mostly like due to Newt Gingrich more than anyone else.

Bill Clinton: 1 percent decrease
Cricket bait, apparently.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 3
MKSixer8682.00
OnerDriver1662.50

      10-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2546
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Cricket bait, apparently.

People tend to stop arguing when facts prove them wrong.
__________________
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Appreciate 2
MKSixer8682.00
OnerDriver1662.50

      10-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #32
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Tax revenues are up by $31 billion so far this fiscal year compared with last year. But spending is up $115 billion. The issue is the spending, and clearly not that we aren't being taxed enough.
source? i don't think your statement is accurate.

from data via CBO:
The Wall Street Journal editorial board claimed on Saturday that "Tax Revenues Are Higher," citing a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report that individual income tax receipts have increased by 7.9 percent since the same time last year. The suggestion of the piece is that despite massive tax cuts, revenue continues to rise. In reality, revenue has fallen since the enactment of the tax cuts.

While individual income tax receipts have increased in nominal dollars since last fiscal year, this statistic paints a misleading picture in a number of ways. Specifically, it ignores reductions in other sources of revenue, doesn't account for inflation, and relies in part on revenue raised by last year's tax code. Considering the entire tax code and focusing specifically on this tax year shows that total revenue has declined between 4 and 9 percent.

Whereas individual income tax revenue has risen by 7.9 percent in the first ten months of fiscal year 2018 compared to the first ten months of fiscal year 2017, corporate tax revenue has fallen by over 28 percent. In total, nominal revenue has increased by only 1 percent – well below the rate of inflation.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #33
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Tax revenues are up by $31 billion so far this fiscal year compared with last year. But spending is up $115 billion. The issue is the spending, and clearly not that we aren't being taxed enough.
source. i don't think your statement is accurate.
Prove me wrong. It's your move.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #34
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Prove me wrong. It's your move.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...treasury-money
Appreciate 1
minn194027.50

      10-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #35
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Prove me wrong. It's your move.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal...ays-1538787152
Appreciate 1
minn194027.50

      10-17-2018, 08:38 PM   #36
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Prove me wrong. It's your move.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...treasury-money
Was that supposed to be a rebuttal that disproves the facts I provided? Tip: You aren't proving lemons aren't yellow by pointing out that limes are green.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #37
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Was that supposed to be a rebuttal that disproves the facts I provided? Tip: You aren't proving lemons aren't yellow by stating limes are green.
how so?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #38
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Was that supposed to be a rebuttal that disproves the facts I provided? Tip: You aren't proving lemons aren't yellow by stating limes are green.
how so?
Losing interest fast. Yawn.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #39
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Losing interest fast. Yawn.
your reply is about what i expected.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #40
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Losing interest fast. Yawn.
your reply is about what i expected.
I'm DJing at the moment and too busy to dig up the source. I'll find it tomorrow if I get ambitious enough. Just show me the facts that disprove the metric I provided. You're putting up a different fact that doesn't disprove mine.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 1
MKSixer8682.00

      10-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #41
stbm5
First Lieutenant
161
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 DG
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 72211

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm DJing at the moment and too busy to dig up the source. I'll find it tomorrow if I get ambitious enough. Just show me the facts that disprove the metric I provided. You're putting up a different fact that doesn't disprove mine.
4 monitors! wow.

i stand by my assertion that revenue isn't up as you claimed.
Appreciate 2
minn194027.50

      10-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #42
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm DJing at the moment and too busy to dig up the source. I'll find it tomorrow if I get ambitious enough. Just show me the facts that disprove the metric I provided. You're putting up a different fact that doesn't disprove mine.
4 monitors! wow.

i stand by my assertion that revenue isn't up as you claimed.
If I recall correctly those were numbers from the CBO.

The left two monitors are house PCs running the lights and keeping track of the girls working and also lets me know who is in a VIP room. Then you see my MacBook Pro running my DJ software (djay Pro); and my iPad that I use to manage the rotation of girls on stage and their tip outs to me. What you don't see is another monitor that is a house iMac that provides music if a DJ isn't present. Here is one a little further back...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #43
irishbimmer
Major
361
Rep
1,042
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

We must believe DJ's before actual facts.
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:15 PM   #44
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2363
Rep
3,295
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
We must believe DJ's before actual facts.
Duh!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST