BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #89
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Hahaha..don't think you need to worry too much about it. Most guys buying 4 door M3s have outgrown any ego issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's like..."BAM"! Now you realy need to watch out man ...think twice before saying this on this forum !
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #90
downtowncb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6underpressure View Post
"Hey!! You have exhaust leak"(during cold start)
That's been the first thing out of several friend's mouths when they first check out the M.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #91
ZooMMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black/black E93 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugmaster
A parking attendant at six flags said, "This car, that's what's up!"

As I parked my car and put the top up, a group of teenage girls asked my girl if she was my girlfriend? She responded yes. They replied, "You need to get married.."

They learn so young these days...
Epic!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #92
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Parking my car at a subway. Get out and a guy was staring at my car. He's like god damn is that a new m6?? V10 right ?? I laughed.

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #93
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchRacerYo View Post
I didn't even know there was a thing down there...what time?
It's from 9-1. I'm getting there at 8 A.M. because I'm putting my car in the show. It's a $35 charge to show your car, but it goes to charity, so that's cool. Find them on FB, and you can see pix from last year's show. There will be some really nice super cars there.

Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee at Gainey Ranch on the first of every month?

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #94
BenchRacerYo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub
Quote:
I didn't even know there was a thing down there...what time?
It's from 9-1. I'm getting there at 8 A.M. because I'm putting my car in the show. It's a $35 charge to show your car, but it goes to charity, so that's cool. Find them on FB, and you can see pix from last year's show. There will be some really nice super cars there.

Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee at Gainey Ranch on the first of every month?
I've been meaning to go, but I always forget which Saturday is the first Saturday of the month
      03-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #95
drchuck72
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Lately, I've had guys checking out my car pulling up to stoplights. It's not subtle. Of course I don't mind. I take it as a compliment.

What amazes me are the times I've taken my car to Cars and Coffee here in Toronto. There are Ferraris, Lambos, Classics, R8s, Porsches etc etc etc and I still see so many people taking pictures of my car. Go figure. Again, not a bad thing.

DrC
      03-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #96
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
I've been meaning to go, but I always forget which Saturday is the first Saturday of the month
That's the exact reason I've only been to two of them. Now I have so many friends who go, they message me or text me to remind me!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #97
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
A few:

Picked up the E93 at BMW Welt in Munich, DE. And was driving on the A-8 toward Stuttgart when a guy in a debadged 3-something pulls up on my left and gives me a long thumbs-up. That was kinda cool -- a German saluting the car. I guess he could have recognized the Temporary Tourist license plate.

Was at a Whataburger drive-through at 2:00 am several months ago. It was a nice night, and I had the top-down. A big SUV appears behind me, and a 20-something cute woman sticks her head out: "Can I take a picture of your car?" "Okay" I say. Then she and two of her same-aged friends pop out and they come up to the back of my car. The driver says, "Can you take our picture?" LOL. Okay, I exit the car (with key), and take a picture of the three of them at my car.

About six months ago, two friends come over to ride in my car for the first time. The damn "cold start" makes one of them comment: "Is this a diesel?" OMFG. LOL.

So I drive with the top-down a bunch. What's the point of having a cabriolet otherwise. And it's a frakking beautiful paint color and interior. I receive frequent thumbs-up from people. Two weeks ago, there is a convention letting out in downtown Houston, and I'm driving past mobs of people. There's a group of ten- to fifteen women, business-attire, standing waiting for the crosswalk light to change. One of them looks at me and whistles and says, loudly, "That's one bad-ass blue BMW there!" I was smiling for a half-day.

Finally, I pick up a friend that is currently driving one of the new Jaguars. He says, "Is this the stock exhaust on your M3?" "Yes," I reply. He: "It sounds as good as my Ferrari." Yeah, that was great to hear.

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #98
gymtime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

No one ever notices mine. I've gotten compliments on the sound though and had people want me to rev it (M performance exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #99
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Ive had Several people ask me if my CF roof was see through, kinda a silly question i think.
      03-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #100
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
This thread teaches me that to most people, a 4 door M3 isn't a BMW or isn't a real M3.
Popcorn.

The word "real" really sets this reply off.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #101
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike
Ive had Several people ask me if my CF roof was see through, kinda a silly question i think.
The salesman from the largest corvette dealer in the country in Ga tried to tell me that it was a hard top convertible. Same thing the finance manager said as I was signing the papers 😂😂 hilarious to me.
      03-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #102
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avol3xo View Post
The salesman from the largest corvette dealer in the country in Ga tried to tell me that it was a hard top convertible. Same thing the finance manager said as I was signing the papers 😂😂 hilarious to me.
i hope you didn't pay more because they thought they were selling you a convertible.
      03-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #103
Justin Case
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-Performance

Me: Pump 2
Garage Attendant (in Scottish accent) with the look to mach that as if shes just found a Twix in the middle of her Mars Bar: Here.. whys your paint all funny?
It's 'Frozen'
uh..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #104
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef
Quote:
i hope you didn't pay more because they thought they were selling you a convertible.
No, it was clearly printed as two door coupe on the sticker. I laughed because one was during the test drive and he said, "I bet you can't wait to let the top down on this." When I told him it was a CF roof he asked was I sure, and I chuckled.

Then a week or so later as the finance manager was trying to sell me some extra BS coverage he mentioned how the convertible top was covered, and again I chuckled. Then he tried to change it to sunroof and again I laughed, he finally stopped offering me extra services and let me sign the papers.

Picking it up Monday, I'm too excited!! 2011 AW / Fox Red DCT with everything except the cold weather package!
      03-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #105
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
No, it was clearly printed as two door coupe on the sticker. I laughed because one was during the test drive and he said, "I bet you can't wait to let the top down on this." When I told him it was a CF roof he asked was I sure, and I chuckled.

Then a week or so later as the finance manager was trying to sell me some extra BS coverage he mentioned how the convertible top was covered, and again I chuckled. Then he tried to change it to sunroof and again I laughed, he finally stopped offering me extra services and let me sign the papers.

Picking it up Monday, I'm too excited!! 2011 AW / Fox Red DCT with everything except the cold weather package!
Maybe you can go back later and purchase the Limited Edition "E93 Conversion Kit." (It's a chain saw and red duct tape.)

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #106
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
- A guy in my local pizza shop asked what kind of car it was then asked if it was awd and bragged that his 528 was awd and I should have opted for the awd version.

- I've had quite a few random folks at gas stations ask to take pics and for me to tell them about the car. The alpine white with all gloss black trim seems to really get people interested. They always comment on the white/black theme.

- I've taken three different girls on a fast drive through some twisting secluded country back roads and all three said they felt like they were on a roller coaster.

- My gf always calls me a cock or douchebag especially if I'm wearing my BMW jacket while riding around in the M.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #107
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3
Hahaha..don't think you need to worry too much about it. Most guys buying 4 door M3s have outgrown any ego issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's like..."BAM"! Now you realy need to watch out man ...think twice before saying this on this forum !

The E90 is not nearly as "sleeper" as the E39 M5 was, but there is something very special (and rare) about a car with an engine and suspension like this wrapped in a four door shell.

Add RWD and a manual transmission and then you've got a really rare bird!
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #108
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Great thread!
Some comments you guys have gotten are truly golden and way too funny.
I haven't gotten too many comments here in Toronto. My boss asks me once in a while if I am still driving that piece of s**t. To which I gladly reply "YES"!
He drives a new E63 AMG.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #109
overdose
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

My Date: I can tell you like modding your car
Me: What? No, it's stock
My Date: You didn't add all the carbon fiber inside the car yourself?
Me: No, it's a BMW option
*Her face is priceless and I think she still doesn't understand*

I was double parked one day waiting for my ex-GF to get me coffee and some high school kid drives by in the opposite direction in a e30. He proceeds to make a u-turn, pulls up next to me, gives me a thumbs up, drives ahead, u-turns again and gives me a second thumbs up before proceeding on his way.

Cold started my car while a 12-ish year old kid was walking by and he stopped in his tracks with his jaws wide open until I finally drove away.

When I first got the car my friends wife wanted me to give her a test drive after our dinner get together. He followed me in his f32 but I went WOT once we hit the freeway on ramp and she started making exaggerated sex noises and said "omg that was fast why didn't my husband get one?!"

Pulled up next to a MY14 5-series at a red light and the guy revs his engine. I pause my conversation with my passenger, rev the glorious s65 and the guy replies "okay okay you win."

I'm washing my car and this elderly woman (mid 50s) walks by and says to me "that's a very sexy car" then winks at me.
      03-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #110
///M3Owner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I was coming up to a stop sign and I downshifted probably 4 times and a cop was standing across the road. The cop gave me a thumbs up and said nice engine. Haha surprised he didn't give me shit or something