BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-27-2022, 11:49 PM   #1
vegas.tsai@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92M3

General Electrics Issues - Appreciate Any Helps or Advise

Hi All,

I own my E92 M3 (09 model) in Shanghai and am new to this forum. I have several electrics issues that I somehow suspect that they are related. Really appreciate if anyone who had encountered similar issues to share his experience. Cheers!

I've had the following issues:
1) seat / mirror memory setting: the pre-set seating and rear mirror are gone or changed mysteriously, while I am sure that no one touches the car.

2) Keyless entry / RFID failure: This happened three times that all of a sudden, the car does not recognize the RFID of my key and I wont be able to start the car / turn the electircs on. The alrm was on while I try to start the car so the battery is working. This issue just disappeared in about an hour and I could start the engine with no issue (which again means that the battery is fine).

3) window: my car is a coupe with frameless window. The design is that the window will go down just a little when you open the door (like half a centimeter) and will go back up once the door is close to ensure a proper seal with the rubber around the door frame. But some times. the window just wont go down.

4) trunk: This is yet another occasional issue that trunk can be closed but not locked. You can just lift the trunk up without unlocking. The trunk alart was on.

All of them occured like once in a while and the problems are gone after a day or so but will surely re-appear. I suspect that all of these may be related to a control unit of electrics. Any body has similar experience? Any solution that worked?

Thanks a lot!!
Leo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 05:07 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

you should get a professional to look at it leo,

it sounds like the frm is acting up but you'll want to have the car scanned to see if there a failure within the unit. it could be other things but usually its the frm (footwell electronics module) in this car.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0