BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #23
raunchm3
MauPechi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLZ View Post
I had a ton of problems with my 335 convertible with M sport. After a year, BMW offered me $. As a lawyer, I threaten a lawsuit. Eventually they offered more $ which I used to trade it for the e93 I'm now driving. Hang in there, keep screaming and negotiate more. BMW should do more on the $ if you scream louder.
Thanks - someone else inside BMW mentioned the same.

At the end of the day, $1500 is not going to address my concern with the quality and reliability of my car. I paid that much $ for this car so i didnt have to deal with issues. Otherwise i would of just kept my $ amd stick with a toyota tercel ... (Do they even make those anymore?).

My main objective is not to get more $ out of them, is somewhat of an assurance that any future issues will be handled at no cost to me. They should stand behind their product and brand as they have been.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
raunchm3
MauPechi
United_States
Rep

Another question - how will a new engine impact the over all resell value of the car now? All work and quality are being performed by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #25
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchm3 View Post
My main objective is not to get more $ out of them, is somewhat of an assurance that any future issues will be handled at no cost to me. They should stand behind their product and brand as they have been.
who said BMW makes reliable cars or stands behind their product?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #26
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
OP, I opened this thread thinking you really got screwed, and that your motor would not be replaced at all. My heart sank given how relatively new a car you own too. Given that the engine is $25,000 to replace, I thought you were getting a raw deal.

Then I read further in that you were getting a new motor + $1500 + driving a 535i loaner all the time it was in the shop and I'm struggling to see how you're getting bad support. Yes, it sucks that you couldn't drive the M3 through that entire time. It sounds like they're doing their best to please you in order to retain customer loyalty though.

Drive the 535i hard until you get your proper car back.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #27
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchm3 View Post
Thanks - someone else inside BMW mentioned the same.

At the end of the day, $1500 is not going to address my concern with the quality and reliability of my car. I paid that much $ for this car so i didnt have to deal with issues. Otherwise i would of just kept my $ amd stick with a toyota tercel ... (Do they even make those anymore?).

Just out of curiousity, who told you BMW M3 should be as reliable as a family cars like Toyoto? Or even, who said any expensive performance car should be as reliable as a Honda / Toyota family car?

However, e9X M3 is one of the most reliable performance cars I have seen

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #28
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

New motor and loaner is the least they can do since you are under warranty.
The $1500 is a nice gesture however if you're unhappy with that amount, nicely negotiate a larger amount however don't come out expecting an increase or a huge windfall. If it doesn't happen, take the $1500 and run.

Maybe ask to be compensated for the extended warranty, talk to them about a buyback provided you drive off in a new BMW etc.

I think BMW has been reasonable with you however I can also understand your perspective on being a working person who's earned every penny to buy this car. The fact that your car is sitting torn apart can try anyone's patience.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #29
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I dont think you have a right to complain. BMW not only gave you a new motor, a loaner car, but they gave you $1500 because you complained? For what? Pain and suffering?

I wish they gave me that kind of poor customer service. I could use some poor customer service to supplement my income.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #30
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Mine has consumed extra oil too right from the beginning with everything done right on schedule. Based on past threads, there is quite a lot of variation from car to car engine (which goes beyond driver habits) and it seems to point to a bmw factory inconsistency. However I wouldn't read this badly, in fact no oil consumption at all on a high revving performance engine would concern me more. Keeping cylinder walls well lubricated on the upper rev range means some oil must pass by the piston and get burned. That means the cylinder walls stay lubricated which keeps the engine wear down.

I first thought your engine idling problem could have been caused by a bad idle actuator which is not unseen. But they should have caught it in diagnosis. If anything i'd like to see a picture of the "slight indentation on one of the cylinder walls" they are talking about. Could they have messed that up accidentally after they took off the cyclinder head and trying to cover their back now ?

You other pbs are not all that significant and most are related to convertible hard-top water proofing issues.
I think your are being over the top with your post and title a bit, more of an emotional response.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #31
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

I think at the end of the day the OP got a good solid resolution but the point here is that he shouldn't have had to go through the ordeal in the first place.

I'm sure there was also considerable back and forth (aka A LOT OF HASSLE) before BMW agreed to the current resolution.

For those that are saying a M3 isn't supposed to be as reliable as a Toyota you guys are just making excuses. Sure, a M3 is no Toyota Hilux but the car only had 62k miles and it's been serviced diligently at the dealer.

Having all those issues on a well maintained 70k car is acceptable to you guys?
      01-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #32
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
I think at the end of the day the OP got a good solid resolution but the point here is that he shouldn't have had to go through the ordeal in the first place.

I'm sure there was also considerable back and forth (aka A LOT OF HASSLE) before BMW agreed to the current resolution.

For those that are saying a M3 isn't supposed to be as reliable as a Toyota you guys are just making excuses. Sure, a M3 is no Toyota Hilux but the car only had 62k miles and it's been serviced diligently at the dealer.

Having all those issues on a well maintained 70k car is acceptable to you guys?
Totally agree. Why would anybody be happy with a 70k car that need the engine replaced, after god knows how many hours spent in frustration and stress? A perfectly obvious loaner so the guy can continue with his life, and a small 1500 buck compensation should make us go; Wow these BMW guys are great!

I'd say; wow we are getting used to the M3 falling apart and BMW ducking.

Can't help to still love my M3 though....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 02:24 AM   #33
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Looks like BMW did a good job for you...I'd be embarrassed to ask for even more money - thats just being greedy.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #34
From5ToM24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 - G11 750I M-Sport

Hey man sorry about your issues but i just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me to get this car...i watched your YouTube video over and over a few years agon
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #35
raunchm3
MauPechi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
New motor and loaner is the least they can do since you are under warranty.
The $1500 is a nice gesture however if you're unhappy with that amount, nicely negotiate a larger amount however don't come out expecting an increase or a huge windfall. If it doesn't happen, take the $1500 and run.

Maybe ask to be compensated for the extended warranty, talk to them about a buyback provided you drive off in a new BMW etc.

I think BMW has been reasonable with you however I can also understand your perspective on being a working person who's earned every penny to buy this car. The fact that your car is sitting torn apart can try anyone's patience.
That's how i feel. The new engine is not an unreasonable expectation since the car still has a warranty which was not free - i paid extra for that. The loaner is also not an unreasonable gesture since that's just the type of service you get when dealing with higher end cars like BMW, Mercedes and Audies. And by no means take this the wrong way guys but if you feel that $1500 is a lot of money, is not! Not to throw my business out there but a monthly payment for my car is close to $1100 and the simple fact that the car has been in the shop for over 2 months that means that I have been paying $2200 for driving a 535i while dealing with all the BS .... Not the type of business i like to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:21 AM   #36
raunchm3
MauPechi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by From5ToM24 View Post
Hey man sorry about your issues but i just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me to get this car...i watched your YouTube video over and over a few years agon
Oh man thanks bro that means a lot!! Since I am spanish, im always struggling how to make my videos - in spanish or english - and for which audience. I also have soooo many videos that i havent uploaded but ive been thinking on being more active on my youtube channel and share my life experiences with the world. I am not a celebrity by any means but I am pretty active globally and to some people, that may do something positive for them; even if its just inspiration to get out and live life

Again thanks for the comment.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #37
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Looks like this thread did not go as OP expected.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:25 AM   #38
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Not ideal because of course there was a failure. However, I say BMW is acting reasonably. They're paying you *most of* your car payments while you still have a nice car to drive, and they're honoring the warranty.

I'd spend my time worrying about all the other stuff in my life and take the deal you have. How much extra stress and hassle will you endure to get another grand out of them, and is THAT the guy YOU want to be?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #39
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Greetings,

I dunno...to be honest, I understand how frustrated the OP feels. New cars aren't suppose to do that. And I also worked my tail off to get my M3 and it was a huge event for me to acquire one.

I wish the best outcome for the situation for the OP. BMW I think is trying to do the right thing, but it's still something that would wear on anyone of us..I think it's important to give the OP some latitude and empathy for having to deal with this.

On the plus side, dude! The pics of the vert look great ! The car still looks amazing, try and ride it out with BMW, I think they are trying hard to make it right.

Cheers,
Merlin

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |

Last edited by Merlin_83; 01-24-2015 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #40
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

stupid thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #41
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Why are you guys all assuming his dealership had nothing to do with that "slight indentation on one cylinder wall". To the OP : did you see that indentation yourself ? could you post a picture of it, instead of focusing on the emotional side of things which is real but is useless at the end.

High idling can have many causes (fuel supply system, idle actuator, ..) but i would not that easily accept a "slight indentation on one cylinder wall" as being a reason for that.

There is a possibility this damage was caused by a mechanic mistake at the dealership and what's happening here is just a settlement without revealing it's a dealership mess up.

In any case,
To benefit the M3 owners community could you get picture of that indentation ? It would create a precedent should anyone else found the same in their engine and bmw to assume responsability.

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 01-23-2015 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 02:14 PM   #42
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Looks like BMW did a good job for you...I'd be embarrassed to ask for even more money - thats just being greedy.
Hey SFP, are you working for BMW after all...?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #43
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Had my car at the dealer four (!) weeks for a DCT leak fix but turned out they used wrong oil (which I noticed and claimed). Car back to the dealer waiting since almost two (!) weeks for BMW Germany to provide instructions on a proper fix.

BMW' cars are awesome. Some improvements on customer support (incl dealer training) in addition to even more importantly QA improvement, and we're all happy...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #44
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Sounds like they've done a pretty nice job taking care of you. You may not consider another BMW because of this issue, but I sure would!
Appreciate 0