BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

02-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Test Pipes and Full X pipes Australian made and available

With dollar falling more the cost of importing from USA or Europe hitting a real high importing the basics could not have come at a worse time. I’ve had my M3 for about 4 years now and have brought in and tested a lot of products, some good, some not so good. One of the basics for the M3 is a good exhaust system and for as long as I can remember we have been paying way too much here. In response to a lot of local interest, in particular from Members in Perth I undertook to design and build a complete X pipe or optional primary cat delete system locally to save on cost, freight and not compromise on quality. This has now come to production with some members already owning systems. The system builder is a guy of 20 years’ experience in the exhaust design and manufacturing area and he and his wife do all the work out of a shop in the Brisbane area.
We have now done a complete jig based on a stock system so that fitment would be as good as stock. The systems are built in 2 sections so a set of “test” or track pipes can be fitted then later upgraded to a full X pipe. The systems are backward compatible with OE and aftermarket rear sections.
As an example a popular set of “test pipes” out of USA is around $400 US, so by the time the exchange rate and freight is taken into account they are around $700 landed. Our local track pipes are $300 inc gst and are quality stainless steel coated with a satin black high temperature finish.
To date members who have fitted these have reported a drone free, good sound and performance gains.
I’m also a Distributor for BPM Sport and can offer local support for ECU and DCT tuning with a BPM Sport solution with local backup with my background being Electronic Engineering and IT
When deleting primary cats an ECU Tune is required to recalibrate the ECU for the additional power and remove any check engine light errors
Whist there is not much we can do about the exchange rate, the X pipe and Test pipes are locally made with quality second to none and when choosing these the cost saving benefit also supports local manufacturing industry.
The benefit of this setup is you can start out with just “test”/track pipes and later add a full X pipe if you wish. The X pipes are made to order and can be configured in preferred options with the standard being
Straight X (No cats or resonators)
X with Magnaflow 200 CPSI High flow cats
X with Powerflow 12” x 4” stainless steel resonators
X with Magnaflow 200 CPSI high flow cats with Powerflow 12” x 4” stainless steel resonators
Optional dual wall clamps
When used with the clamps no cutting, welding is required, the system simply bolts up. Typical installation should take less than 2 hours.
The “track” pipes only option gives good gains at less cost. Installation can be done without removing the entire X pipe. Pricing and details on the website. Prices include tax and for anyone outside Australia the 10% tax will be removed from any purchase.
I am also a distributor for Borla Exhausts which give excellent sound and are drone free
Any questions feel free to ask price list attached as a PDF at the end of the photos

The video is of a full X pipe with High flow cats and resonators with a BPM tune. The rear section is a Borla Atak exhaust which is their most aggressive product. The installer from the performance shop makes comments during the video and there are sections with windows open and closed to demonstrate inside cabin sound

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Exhaust prices.pdf (81.7 KB, 517 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Anyone interested in a BPM Sport tune I'm bringing some end user cables over, so if you are interested in one of these tunes please let me know, it will be a saving on freight depending on how many I can pool with the current order. There are some members fitting our test/track pipes which require a tune. With Each BPM Sport tune an end user cable is supplied to be able to load the tune via a PC/MAC locally.
In addition the end user cable can be used as a diagnostic tool to read and clear any fault codes or clear adaptation data.
End user cables for all tunes are VIN locked, so it's one end user cable per vehicle
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
There's been quite some interest in the compete systems including custom 2.75" systems and there will now be a complete system including rear section done with options of several rear mufflers depending on sound preferences.

The need for our own locally built rear "cat backs" has become more important since our dollar continues to plummet, increasing imported prices with freight, GST and import duties to almost double advertised US prices.

There is currently a 2.75" custom built complete system being built for one our forum members so there is some flexibility in the design.
The "cat back" system will be available soon as an entire or stand alone system for around or less than half the price of imported systems with the likelihood of valved options included.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Well done, these look great!
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
American Dave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
I am one of a lucky few here in Perth to have this x pipe with Magnaflow 200 CPSI High flow cats and catless test pipe on my car. I have the Borla Atak axle back as well. I am also running a BPM Sport stage 2 tune. I have had the speed limiter deleted and added a 3500 rpm launch control function to the car. I am overjoyed at the resulting sound and performance. My wife is thrilled and so is the neighbourhood. There is very little drone, the car idles perfectly, and sounds like an angry F1 car on pushing the revs over 2500 rpms. There is now better throttle response, increased low end torque and hp is evident. My fuel economy driving around town has actually improved marginally. There is no bad fuel smells or any concerns about noise. In short I could not be happier with my choices. I highly recommend M3 World and its highly engineered products. This is the best service I have ever had in my car modding life. My car will be at Racewars 2015 and I cant wait to open it up to full potential.
Jerez Black 2008 6MT with Borla Atak Exhaust/ M3 World X Pipe and Test Pipes/ aFe Pro Stage 2 Intake / 19" Advan DZ-DF Forged Wheels wrapped in ContiSport Contact 5P 245/35/19 Fronts & 285/30/19 Rears/ KW Var 3 Coilovers / BPM Sports Stage 2 Tuned/ VAC Rod Bearing Replacement / Throttle Body Actuator Gear Set

Last edited by American Dave; 02-22-2015 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2015, 03:20 AM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
      02-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #7
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
There's been quite some interest in the compete systems including custom 2.75" systems and there will now be a complete system including rear section done with options of several rear mufflers depending on sound preferences.

The need for our own locally built rear "cat backs" has become more important since our dollar continues to plummet, increasing imported prices with freight, GST and import duties to almost double advertised US prices.

There is currently a 2.75" custom built complete system being built for one our forum members so there is some flexibility in the design.
The "cat back" system will be available soon as an entire or stand alone system for around or less than half the price of imported systems with the likelihood of valved options included.
Great idea Dave - Add me to the list of interested owners. I'm slowly looking at options (muffler only or full system) and yours is certainly one I will be excited to look at once you have more details! I presume you will be posting photos, sound clip, pricing etc once the first one is done?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #8
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_Arnie View Post
Great idea Dave - Add me to the list of interested owners. I'm slowly looking at options (muffler only or full system) and yours is certainly one I will be excited to look at once you have more details! I presume you will be posting photos, sound clip, pricing etc once the first one is done?
Another Perth M3 owner I'm thinking Perth is now the M3 capital of Oz. We brought 3 different systems over to Perth recently and Chris (Agent Orange) is having his X pipe fitted up this week.
I think the local rear section is good for consistency and repeatability of sound. The aim is to cater to as many tastes as possible from a muscle car deep sound to an F1 type sound, keep drone down to a minimum and keep prices in check.
Also looking at a valved option for that quiet/loud combo but keeping entry level at test pipes (track pipes) at $300 without compromising quality or fitment.
Sometimes a one off custom system can be effective but unpredictable in the result. The aim here is to provide a known and repeatable sound setup without the massive costs of importing. There is no valid reason to be paying the big price tag of some systems, and no reason we can't produce a good benchmark locally. Hopefully will have some option sound clips up of the new rear section shortly and as mentioned previously this should come in under half the price we are used to paying when importing.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 12:20 AM   #9
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Well done, these look great!
would match my thermal coated rear section haha
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 03:24 AM   #10
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep

Looking forward to hearing more details, Dave, as you guys progress this!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 03:51 AM   #11
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionJim View Post
would match my thermal coated rear section haha
What rear section do you have Jim?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 04:22 AM   #12
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_Arnie View Post
Looking forward to hearing more details, Dave, as you guys progress this!
Any combo of x pipe in 2.5" or 2.75" is now available, including stand alone Track (test pipes) which can be upgraded at any time to any full X combo.
The rear section is being built and jigged right now and I'll post some sound clips of a choice of mufflers to be available. If there is something you want it's available now including a BPM Sport tune if needed. Pricing is on the website and a new website will be up soon
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 10:51 PM   #13
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Any combo of x pipe in 2.5" or 2.75" is now available, including stand alone Track (test pipes) which can be upgraded at any time to any full X combo.
The rear section is being built and jigged right now and I'll post some sound clips of a choice of mufflers to be available. If there is something you want it's available now including a BPM Sport tune if needed. Pricing is on the website and a new website will be up soon
Thanks Dave. I am planning to do exhaust mods starting with the muffler section so will wait for the muffler info to come out. Good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What rear section do you have Jim?
revinora race thermal coated black
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:32 AM   #15
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionJim View Post
revinora race thermal coated black
They sure would suit Any sound clips of your setup
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 01:28 AM   #16
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They sure would suit Any sound clips of your setup
here you go:

not my car but it sounds the same, and that's just the rear section.

i personally love the way it sounds.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
The rear section is being built and jigged right now and I'll post some sound clips of a choice of mufflers to be available. If there is something you want it's available now including a BPM Sport tune if needed. Pricing is on the website and a new website will be up soon[/QUOTE]

Update

Cat back (or caltless back ) will be available within a few days.
We just finished the first 2.75" full system. The 2.75" system is backward compatible with any stock or aftermarket catback or stock X pipe, so it's been made as versatile as possible. the tips will be a dual wall slight angle tip and they will be black ceramic coated or chrome finish Other finishes could be available on request.
I'll update everything on the website when the prices are finalised for the cat back and 2.75" X pipe. Track pipes will remain as 2.5" to be backward compatible with stock our our X pipe, but all components are now ready for production. I'll post some clips of the 2.75" system before shipping
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
PB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ok, so I have pulled the trigger and placed and order with Dave Dee for the test pipes and tune.

Went for a spin with aussiem3 (thanks again)in his car and was sold on the mod.

Now for the wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #19
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Ok, so I have pulled the trigger and placed and order with Dave Dee for the test pipes and tune.

Now for the wait.
Underway P.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #20
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

Now for the wait.
My pleasure P
      03-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #21
PB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quick update, I had Dave Dee's test pipes and the BPM stage 2 tune installed today. BM Techniks in Bayswater did a great job with the test pipe. Install. I drive home sedately then tackled the tune install with Dave.

I've got to say Dave Dee provided fantastic service through out this process and was very giving of his time and advice, be it before, during or after hours. He walked through the tune install over the phone while shadowing the install remotely on my lap top.

I went for a drive shortly after the tune install and immediately could notice more torque across the rev range. Acceleration seemed very smooth and I was less inclined to default to higher revs. The car was louder (not too loud) and more raspier, but sounded great.

I will no doubt experiment over the next few days. I haven't tried the Launch control yet.

I'm not sure why it took me 18 months to do the mod, but a great car just got better.

Thanks again David Dee
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 04:28 PM   #22
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Phil, and appreciate the kind words
Appreciate 0