BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

04-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #1
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Airlift Suspension Owners Roll Call, what issues are you having?

Folks, it's been 4 years, 20,000-ish miles since I've had my Airlift suspension installed. It has been a joy but it has also been annoying to deal with the electrical gremlins this system has on our E9x's.

I'd like to pick your guys brain if you have frequently blown fuses as well.
I am waiting on two new compressors, VIAIR 444CC, hopefully solves the issue with my blown fuses. Could be time to replace these possibly faulty compressors after 4 years.

Are you guys also having to keep your cars on a tender and if you're not driving it for a while. Take off the negative leads for Airlift?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 05:26 AM   #2
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Folks, it's been 4 years, 20,000-ish miles since I've had my Airlift suspension installed. It has been a joy but it has also been annoying to deal with the electrical gremlins this system has on our E9x's.

I am waiting on two new compressors, VIAIR 444CC, hopefully solves the issue with my blown fuses. Could be time to replace these possibly faulty compressors after 4 years.

Are you guys also having to keep your cars on a tender and if you're not driving it for a while. Take off the negative leads for Airlift?
I'll let you know in a couple of days. I've had my air set up since 2016, but haven't driven the car since 2020 after a nightmare of an auto body shop situation that I may make a huge post about. Either way, car hasn't been started in months, so I'm curious as to whether or not my air ride is gonna comply.
      11-28-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post

I had my Airlift 3P kit on since 2019 and just recently replaced the suspension with a dedicated coilover setup.

Never had issues with blown fuses but did have to replace my manifold twice. How do you know your compressors were faulty? What size battery do you have?

I always kept my car on a tender since I only drove the car every once in a while. What you can do is how I had it installed:

Buy yourself a fuse block from amazon and hook up the Airlift wiring harness to that. Then, wire the fuse block directly to the battery. This in turn will have two fuses to protect your system from electrical issues like over-volts and shortages. If your car doesn't sit on a tender, you can then pull the fuse from the fuse block without having to disconnect wires on your battery.

However, the Airlift system does not drain the battery since the system isn't even on when the car is off. You should re-wire the remote wire if it is.