BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

10-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
VQMTuning sells it. I posted the link to the original thread in my previous post. Click on the "Here" in that post!

I didn't realize that he had a coupe, so I guess he is SOL w/ regards to this kit. I still stand by my assessment that one should have just purchased an ///M if they are going to go through all of the trouble of doing OEM widebody surgery on their vehicle.
Thanks SC, that is a great thread. The more I see this kit, the more I like it. In fact, it looks better than the E90 M3. Plus, they are in the process of doing a coupe version, and it sounds like they will have the option of CF (probably big money). For a project car I think I'd choose this kit for sure. Heck, just reading the thread makes me want to buy a used high mileage 325i to build into a project car. Very nice work.

OP, what's wrong with the VQM kit? Other than that its not yet available?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 07:38 AM   #24
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
At this point, one should have just bought an ///M. Why not purchase that extremely well put together widebody kit on the black 3-series sedan? That makes much more sense!

Here you go!

Damn...that car is nice! Love those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #25
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I can appreciate a project car just as much as he next guy. I will be quick to admit your car looks really nice right now. I have a medium modded E36 M3 presently (but nothing so extreme as a full body kit on it). I have just personally decided against significant modding in my future. For resale, time constraint, warranty and comfort reasons.

Again I just find it a bit dishonest when you say you wanted to use this large list of most of the parts that make the M3 look different than the 335i, but at the same time you say your project will not look "anything" like the M3. Is that reasonable, logical, possible? I just don't think so. Further with all of these planned parts how can you claim there is "no imitation" of the M3. You are not being straight with yourself.

Just because some of us disagree with your personal approach to your car does not make us snobs nor obsessed with exclusivity. If you took the time to read anything about most of us here you would find we are all very price sensitive and really want the new M3 to be priced low, not high. Most of us care way more about performance per dollar than exclusivity (and that is me in the biggest way). You would also find a ton of good 335 vs. M3 debates. Tell me you don't giggle just a little bit when you see E36 M3 wing mirrors on a Honda? There is some of that same attitude of some of us toward your project, whether or not that shoe fits perfectly or whether or not we understand your lofty/ultimate goals.

Last but not least be prepared for discussion when you post. After all this is a DISCUSSION forum. I'm sorry no one has given you your precious part numbers but your car and your ideas, whether some of us love them or hate them, has sparked some discussion. It has been civil and honest and I don't think you can expect more.

Cheers.
Addressed nicely!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #26
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

i call dibs on anything youre sellin
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

I'm completely unaware that this is a discussion forum and am a total alien to this world of posting. Please enlighten me further.

Also please tell me what I have planned for my own car and fully condemn me to "the crowd that tries to make the "base" 3 look like an M" before you fully understand my intentions. I won't call you a snob for implying that I have no taste and am only interested in the imitation of a higher priced car when this car has always been aimed to set trends instead of follow them.

I should throw away my one of a kind wheels, the arqray exhaust coming in from japan, the plans for endless brakes, and the plans for a wide body. It's inconceivable that I'd want to do anything with the parts off the new m3 except make my car look exactly like it. The fact that it has wider fenders, a light weight roof, and flared fenders on the bumpers to match is a straight up dumb reason to use it as a base for some custom modification.

The fact that no one has a widebody out for the e92 right now or even a bodykit that fits like oem is another reason why I shouldn't even consider using the m3's parts, oem parts, to build a high quality kit from.

My project will look exactly like the M3! Only in that way would it be reasonable, logical, and possible.

Don't try and belittle me or my project and then play angel like you never stuck your nose where it didn't belong. Obviously you understand sarcasm so I've written my response in that form.

Sorry but I don't find misrepresentation and your sarcastic comments civil. But please try and cover yourself up with more rhetoric.

Quote:
Getting ready to make your 335i into an M3 look-alike? OK so call me a pessimist or jaded...
Quote:
Good point, with all the parts you mentioned, "4 fenders, sideskirts, front and rear bumper, cf roof, and mirrors" it won't look anything like an M3
Quote:
^

My 2 cents. There will always be the crowd that tries to make the base 3 look like an M. It has been happening since day 1 of the E30 M3. The imitations range in quality and tastefulness from OK to terrible. Of course you can always just add nothing but the badge. No matter what level is adopted I always get a giggle when I see it on the road. As much as it should be flattery it always ends up making me a little bit irritated. Certainly not enough to raise my blood pressure, say anything, etc., just enough to make me shake my head a bit and wonder why.
Quote:
I can appreciate a project car just as much as he next guy. I will be quick to admit your car looks really nice right now. I have a medium modded E36 M3 presently (but nothing so extreme as a full body kit on it). I have just personally decided against significant modding in my future. For resale, time constraint, warranty and comfort reasons.

Again I just find it a bit dishonest when you say you wanted to use this large list of most of the parts that make the M3 look different than the 335i, but at the same time you say your project will not look "anything" like the M3. Is that reasonable, logical, possible? I just don't think so. Further with all of these planned parts how can you claim there is "no imitation" of the M3. You are not being straight with yourself.

Just because some of us disagree with your personal approach to your car does not make us snobs nor obsessed with exclusivity. If you took the time to read anything about most of us here you would find we are all very price sensitive and really want the new M3 to be priced low, not high. Most of us care way more about performance per dollar than exclusivity (and that is me in the biggest way). You would also find a ton of good 335 vs. M3 debates. Tell me you don't giggle just a little bit when you see E36 M3 wing mirrors on a Honda? There is some of that same attitude of some of us toward your project, whether or not that shoe fits perfectly or whether or not we understand your lofty/ultimate goals.

Last but not least be prepared for discussion when you post. After all this is a DISCUSSION forum. I'm sorry no one has given you your precious part numbers but your car and your ideas, whether some of us love them or hate them, has sparked some discussion. It has been civil and honest and I don't think you can expect more.

Cheers.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #28
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

I really like the concept of personalizing, no matter what degree of work is done.

The new M3 appears to be an amazing car and many of the body cues look breath taking.

However, some people just do not want the M3 for reasons they have. And instead of installing products that may offer poor fittment, why not use a product from the manufacturer?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #29
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

haha thanks ray

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #30
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
I'm completely unaware that this is a discussion forum and am a total alien to this world of posting. Please enlighten me further.

Also please tell me what I have planned for my own car and fully condemn me to "the crowd that tries to make the "base" 3 look like an M" before you fully understand my intentions. I won't call you a snob for implying that I have no taste and am only interested in the imitation of a higher priced car when this car has always been aimed to set trends instead of follow them.

I should throw away my one of a kind wheels, the arqray exhaust coming in from japan, the plans for endless brakes, and the plans for a wide body. It's inconceivable that I'd want to do anything with the parts off the new m3 except make my car look exactly like it. The fact that it has wider fenders, a light weight roof, and flared fenders on the bumpers to match is a straight up dumb reason to use it as a base for some custom modification.

The fact that no one has a widebody out for the e92 right now or even a bodykit that fits like oem is another reason why I shouldn't even consider using the m3's parts, oem parts, to build a high quality kit from.

My project will look exactly like the M3! Only in that way would it be reasonable, logical, and possible.

Don't try and belittle me or my project and then play angel like you never stuck your nose where it didn't belong. Obviously you understand sarcasm so I've written my response in that form.

Sorry but I don't find misrepresentation and your sarcastic comments civil. But please try and cover yourself up with more rhetoric.
I have been totally civil, polite and honest with you so I do not appreciate your over the top saracastic tone. It only makes you look bad. If you can not handle the obvious, your problem, both with regards to the purpose of this forum and to what nature M3 parts will bring to your project. I have not condemned you, second guessed you nor insulted you. I have complimented your car but questioned your honesty and logic, not your tastes nor style. Call this rhetoric all you want, I'll take that as a compliment. I think my "discussion" and patience with you is just about over.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #31
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

for those interested:

pre-hin

hin

random

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #32
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i personally know ironic and have seen some of his plans. trust me, he's not planning to make an m3 copy. like he said, the parts he wants just makes a better platform to start off with, plus they're oem.

people have been using m parts forever. as long as you're not sticking an m# badge on the car and/or passing your car off as an m, i see no issues with it.

like somebody already said, "some things will never change." one of those things is a minority of m owners (and future owners) who think m's are everything.

that said, i think m's are awesome machines. but i also give props to those who cleanly customize their cars, m or not.

my $0.02.
      10-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #33
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have been totally civil, polite and honest with you so I do not appreciate your over the top saracastic tone. It only makes you look bad. If you can not handle the obvious, your problem, both with regards to the purpose of this forum and to what nature M3 parts will bring to your project. I have not condemned you, second guessed you nor insulted you. I have complimented your car but questioned your honesty and logic, not your tastes nor style. Call this rhetoric all you want, I'll take that as a compliment. I think my "discussion" and patience with you is just about over.
quite the sophist are we? i don't mind looking like the big bad wolf. the fact of the matter is i've tried to explain myself already. have u really been totally polite, civil and honest with me?

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #34
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Majority

Quote:
quite the sophist are we? i don't mind looking like the big bad wolf. the fact of the matter is i've tried to explain myself already. have u really been totally polite, civil and honest with me?
I may not represent the majority here but my closing thoughts are simply to answer your question as "yes" and secondly advise you to go post all of these OT pics in the right forum. Truly done now.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #35
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I may not represent the majority here but my closing thoughts are simply to answer your question as "yes" and secondly advise you to go post all of these OT pics in the right forum. Truly done now.
LOL, dude ok ok you win. Now run along haha.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 01:49 AM   #36
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Still no part numbers......

.....and all we're left to deal with now is an overly defensive 3-series owner who can't maturely deal with criticism (..even after 4000+ posts), and who overlooks the relative civility of other members with the sole intent on talking shit.

/Close Thread!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #37
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Bravo.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 04:05 AM   #38
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
for those interested:

pre-hin

hin

random

Wow! Your car is stunning.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #39
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
it makes more sense to modify fenders from prewidened rears instead of having to layer on lots of filler and extra metal starting from the 335i's fenders.

no one currently makes a cf roof.

the bumpers already match the fenders edge wise, meaning only the physical appearance would have to be modified. fitment wouldn't be so much an issue.

if you have no idea of what i have planned, don't make assumptions

if i wanted an m3 i would have bought one. there's no imitation going on here, with the amount of money that's already been put into this car and what's going to be put in it there's no other reason for it except to create a unique car. i'm glad all of you like the new v8 but i like the project car feel to the twin turbo v6.

provide me with PNs or keep your comments to yourself, i never came on here to ask for your ill-founded opinions.

what a bunch of snobs, don't worry i'm not trying to take anything away from the price tag of the m3 and your "exclusivity".

I'll say that you car is very well done. I love it. Personally, I couldn't justify spending that much skin on a 335, but that's not my choice nor is it the topic.

With that said, their are some aspects of the clean sleek look of the 335 that I think makes for a beautiful custom car. I have to give you and many of the other owners of custom 335's immense credit. I have spent time admiring many of these cars.

Hey, I for one, want to see more pics of these beautiful cars.

When owners like you push the envelope, like this, it makes for better products for all of us.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread