BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

11-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #375
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
Curious if anyone has driven a CSL or a highly tuned E46?
How reliable are they once they have been tuned?
I am on the hunt for one.
Thanks in advance.
Hey Brian,

I havent driven a tuned nor stock CSL before but I did have an E46 M3 and what I can tell you is the 2001-early2003 had bad crank shaft bearings thus there were many e46 engines went kaboom. Sorry thats all the info I can share.

Where is CSMRX7 and his ESS???
      11-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #376
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post
Hey Brian,

I havent driven a tuned nor stock CSL before but I did have an E46 M3 and what I can tell you is the 2001-early2003 had bad crank shaft bearings thus there were many e46 engines went kaboom. Sorry thats all the info I can share.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.
Did they fix the issues for 2004 - 2006?
B
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #377
benyl
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '10 W204 w/m156

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate the info.
Did they fix the issues for 2004 - 2006?
B
Pre-June 2003 Builds had a recall done at the dealership.

Any 2003.5 and later had the engine fix.
      11-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #378
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

They brought the CSL to north America?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #379
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Hey Brian,

Patience , I think it should be shipping soon, and should be installed by end of January I hope. Not that it really matters until spring.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #380
nnnnny
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i M Performance

Anyone selling their M3 19" Wheels? I am interested in a set.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #381
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Just throwing this out there, but is anyone still driving their car? If so would anyone be willing to meet up.

I want to compare headlights and see if mine are pointed differently.

I have never touched my headlights for any reason but I constantly get flashed by on coming traffic and its starting to piss me off.
      11-18-2009, 03:24 AM   #382
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
They brought the CSL to north America?
Thought so but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #383
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

The CSL was never brought to Canada. Closest we got was the Comp Package on the later E46s.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #384
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Just throwing this out there, but is anyone still driving their car? If so would anyone be willing to meet up.

I have never touched my headlights for any reason but I constantly get flashed by on coming traffic and its starting to piss me off.
I am still driving mine occasionally. I actually think I saw you again at Northland mall a couple of weeks ago.

Anyways I would be up for a meet, but comparing my headlights might not work, as I am always getting flashed too.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #385
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
I am still driving mine occasionally. I actually think I saw you again at Northland mall a couple of weeks ago.

Anyways I would be up for a meet, but comparing my headlights might not work, as I am always getting flashed too.
Are you serious, you too? WTF is wrong with people?

Yeah I really want to make sure nothings wrong.

Can you let me know when you are available? I would probably want to find an underground parkage at a mall or whatever so we can see if our beams are the same.

Thanks man.
      11-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #386
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Are you serious, you too? WTF is wrong with people?

Yeah I really want to make sure nothings wrong.

Can you let me know when you are available? I would probably want to find an underground parkage at a mall or whatever so we can see if our beams are the same.

Thanks man.
Is your car lowered?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #387
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Is your car lowered?
Yeah on H&R's but I did the install myself and triple checked the rear arm that controls the adaptive headlights pre, during, and post install.

Also I talked to a few others (not Calgary) and their lowered M's have never been flashed at night.

I also chatted with a forum member "TTBear" who lives here and has the same issues saying that his lights are pointing at the overhead signs.
      11-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #388
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Its not just you, it's happening to me aswell. But boy when they flash me, they get a good taste of my headlights...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #389
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Looks like Race City might not be out of the woods yet

Quote:
Race City lease in doubt after landfill work axed

Calgary HeraldNovember 24, 2009 6:14 AMBe the first to post a comment

City council has rejected paying $3.1 million for work on city-owned land necessary to extend the lease for Race City.

Ald. Ric McIver wanted his council colleagues to fund the work from a reserve fund, saying it would help "business not get out of business."

But in an 8-7 vote, council rejected the move.

A number of aldermen argued that paying for the work was essentially a subsidy for a private business.

"It's highly unusual to subsidize private business and ask Calgarians to pay for it," Ald. Druh Farrell said.

Race City owner Art MacKenzie said Monday's vote during budget discussions doesn't affect him.

"It doesn't make any difference to us," he said, adding Race City won't pay for the work. "We'll continue to negotiate the lease. If all else fails, there's legal action."

McIver, an ardent supporter of the speedway, which is in his ward, said he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

" If worst comes to worst, I hope Race City is successful in suing the city to get their lease reinstated," he told reporters.

Council had previously directed city staff to continue talking to MacKenzie about coming to terms on a new lease, which would allow the track to remain open until 2015.

However, the track staying open another five years requires additional work on that land, to accommodate an extension of the Shepard landfill if the city doesn't take back possession next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #390
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Another article.

I can't believe how this city is run.

Quote:
CITY HALL TRIES TO IMPOSE 3,000% RENT INCREASE ON RACE CITY…AND RELATED NONSENSE
November 24, 2009 by Markham Hislop

By Markham Hislop, Editor
Has City Hall declared war on Race City? Just when Calgary motorsport fans thought their race track was safe from the grasping claws of the waste and recycling department, Race City faces offensives on two new fronts. First, Corporate Properties has demanded $1,080,000 for annual lease payments, a 3,000 per cent increase from current rates. Second, at Monday’s Council meeting the administration tried to add the cost of building new storm water retention ponds onto Race City’s property taxes.

The situation is so bad that Ward 12 Alderman Ric McIver, Race City’s champion on Council, stopped just a hair’s breadth from accusing senior City management of being insubordinate.

“If it’s not insubordination to Council’s direction, it’s very close to it,” he fumed late Monday evening when contacted by SE Calgary News.

When asked if he saw the long reach of Mayor Dave Bronconnier in management’s latest machinations against the race track, Ald. McIver hestiated, then said, “I’ll let other people judge that.”

Race City owner Art Mackenzie was almost philosophical about City Hall’s latest shenanigans. He says this has gone on for so long now he expects it.

In September, Council passed a motion 8-7 to honour the City’s existing lease with Race City. That lease was in effect until 2025 and included annual payments of $37,000. City officials were instructed in the amended notice of motion to negotiate a new lease, lasting until 2015, based on the terms of the old one. Ald. McIver told SECN that if Mr. Mackenzie came to the bargaining table prepared to be reasonable, he beleived the City would as well.

It appears he was mistaken.

In an interview Monday night after he watched the Council meeting on television, Mr. Mackenzie said, “The people who I’m negotiating with are the same people who desperately didn’t want me there, and their direct boss is the mayor, who desperately didn’t want me there.”

SECN has obtained a copy of an October 23, 2009 letter from Sherine Nafie, a commercial leasing agent for the City, to Mr. Mackenzie setting the annual lease payments in the Race City lease at $1,080,000 plus GST for 2010 and 2011. The City proposal also required an $180,000 deposit, which it demanded be paid by November 5. When contacted by SECN Ms. Nafie refused to comment on the document.

According to Mr. Mackenzie, City Hall arrived at the exhorbitant number by valuing the 64 hectare property located at 114 Avenue SE and 68 Street at $27 million and calculating the lease at four per cent of that value. He said that the calculation was based on the assumption that the land was zoned Industrial 2, but instead it has a designation of Direct Control, which required a special bylaw from Council when the lease was first set up in the early 1980s.

He wonders how the City can value the land based on a zoning classification that doesn’t apply to it. He’s not alone. Ald. McIver says this issue will be one of many he raises with City managers in the near future.

Another will be the land valuation. Mr. Mackenzie says he was not told by City Hall, but has heard through the rumor mill that the quarter section of land directly east of Race City was sold to the City for $6 million several years ago.

In any event, the City is attempting to impose a 3,000 per cent increase in Race City’s lease payments. Mr. Mackenzie says there is simply no way his company could afford such payments; the race track does not generate a fraction of the revenue that would be required to support such costs.

“I’g going to rip the administration apart on that,” says Ald. McIver. “They were told to offer Race City similar terms to the old lease.”

Another provision of the notice of motion regarding the new lease was access to the Race City property. Access to the track’s parking lot and direct access to the Calgary Kart Racing Club’s track on the southern edge of the land was supposed to be included in the new document.

Instead, the October 23 letter states that the City “shall provide one access to the site, currently identified as the VIP entrance on 68 Street SE…”

Entrance to Race City was reduced to the VIP entrance for the entire 2009 season as the City rebuilt 68 Street south of 114 Avenue. Mr. Mackenzie said the restriction caused serious traffic problems for larger events. Access to the kart racing track was severely curtailed during wet weather because the only access was across dirt fields that turned into mud bogs.

Ald. McIver is also upset that City managers tried to have Race City bear the cost of constructing storm water retention ponds on Race City property. He says “someone slipped it into the budget to embarrass members of Council who support Race City.”

During debate, opponents of Race City attempted to portray the cost of building the ponds as a “subsidy” to the track. Ald. McIver says such a characterization is completely false and misleads the public (Twitter followers watching Council proceedings were repeating the “subsidy” line throughout the debate).

The ponds are required by Alberta Environment, said Ald. McIver, and must be built whether Race City existed or not. To blame Race City or to try to have the motorsport facility bear the cost is simply not consistent with the facts.

Ald. McIver made a motion to have the cost of the ponds taken from the City’s capital reserves, but the motion was defeated 8-7. The vote split along the lines of the vote on the September notice of motion preserving Race City, except for Ald. Colley-Urquhart.

How the ponds will be paid for is now “in limbo” says Ald. McIver, since the cost was removed from the budget.

Calgary motorsport fans, and citizens concerned about just who is running their municipal government, should be very worried by what City Hall is trying to do to Race City.

Who tries to increase lease payments to a tenant by 3,000 per cent? If residential landlords tried that nonsense there would be rioting in the streets. And as Ald. McIver points out, City officials were directed by a motion passed by Council to negotiate the new lease on the same terms as the old lease.

Which raises the question why there had to be a new lease at all, since the original one was still in effect. But never mind that red herring.

Then there’s the issue of the lack of access to the facility, which is a serious safety concern. Plus the race kart club has told the City on several occasions that if it doesn’t have adequate access through 68 Street it will suffer financial distress and could fail.

And the attempt to make Race City pay for storm water retention ponds that are required because of the expansion of the Shepard Landfill, and have nothing to do with the race track, is just under-handed. I think Ald. McIver is right, it was an attempt to embarrass aldermen who support Race City.

What does that say about City Hall when management thinks it can act with that sort of impudence? Who’s really running local government? Certainly not Council by the look of things.

Let’s hope Ald. McIver and other Race City supporters on Council can head off the administration and get this mess sorted out.

I find it difficult to believe that motorsport has to fight this hard to survive in Calgary.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #391
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Another article.

I can't believe how this city is run.
Absolutely Shocking!
Freaking Donkey's
My guess street racing will escalate just like when they closed the track in Vancouver.
Hopefully it won't come to that.

Last edited by Brianrg; 11-24-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #392
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

That's a damn shame!!

Although I live in Kelowna, I have attended several events to Race City as a spectator, and always thought it was a great facility. Surely the City doesn't need that land out there for expansion purposes yet?

I suspect politics (votes) at work also, few politicians seem willing to buck the trend of citizens not to like auto race facilities anywhere near the population centres. I know Race City is out in an industrial area, but politicians are fickle.
      11-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #393
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
So who enjoyed the freak show last night with all the snow and ice?? my drive was insane. Luckily I put on my winters the night before, but even then I had a hard time getting up small inclines. I tried to take a route home where there would be no hills or inclines. Took me a good 1 hour to get home.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #394
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPI View Post
So who enjoyed the freak show last night with all the snow and ice?? my drive was insane. Luckily I put on my winters the night before, but even then I had a hard time getting up small inclines. I tried to take a route home where there would be no hills or inclines. Took me a good 1 hour to get home.
Luckily I was home by noon so I avoided the craziness.
Would love to hear your car someday.
I have only heard dinan on 335's.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #395
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

GO RIDERS!!

Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #396
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Quote:
Luckily I was home by noon so I avoided the craziness.
Would love to hear your car someday.
I have only heard dinan on 335's.
Lucky you! what a gong show. It was an ice rink out there.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0