BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

09-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

BMW Safety. Think smart before you buy

BMW is a leader in safety and should be a considering making your next car purchase.

09-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Not again
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Not again
You know...I'm not sure what makes you soooooo cocky that you think you're approval of videos are the only ones that belong on a public forum. I'm providing real world experience in owning these cars for prospective buyers and safety is a huge concern for anyone. I see my videos bother you sooooo much you can't help but to make a smartass comment...AGAIN! All I'm trying to do is help people make half way educated decisions about BMW car buying and I think safety is one thing most family men would be looking for. If you're sooooooo die hard please show me your channel and what you are doing for the BMW community. I'd love to see it. maybe even perhaps some DIY material? Something other than pics of your car and smartass comments
      09-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

What about my ballistic missile airbag that they decided not to fix in order to prioritize dealer inventory cars first? Safety first!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #5
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
What about my ballistic missile airbag that they decided not to fix in order to prioritize dealer inventory cars first? Safety first!
Sorry Sir,
We've reassigned your space to the next patron. Apparently you abandoned the BMW brand when you decided to purchase a Tesla. You sustained another dismissal when you decided to publicly extol the virtues of the dreaded "P" car. Rest assured that you will get your allocation as here is your new allocation placement #6,758,532.
We're now serving #4,542.
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2016, 12:24 AM   #6
stiles
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3

What is happening lol.

Good video man, I'm getting older as well (Almost 30 now) and I'm in the same boat with the safety concerns. Besides the airbag issue, knowing our cars do well in collisions is comforting. I live in the DC area where there are a lot of poorly designed roads and dangerous highways, so this crosses my mind often. Keep making videos!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 01:46 AM   #7
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

do you really think it's safe to be vlogging while driving? probably safer to direct your 100% attention to the road.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #8
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Fusion View Post
You know...I'm not sure what makes you soooooo cocky that you think you're approval of videos are the only ones that belong on a public forum. I'm providing real world experience in owning these cars for prospective buyers and safety is a huge concern for anyone. I see my videos bother you sooooo much you can't help but to make a smartass comment...AGAIN! All I'm trying to do is help people make half way educated decisions about BMW car buying and I think safety is one thing most family men would be looking for. If you're sooooooo die hard please show me your channel and what you are doing for the BMW community. I'd love to see it. maybe even perhaps some DIY material? Something other than pics of your car and smartass comments
My YouTube channel? Sure I guess.. here you go if you feel you need to take a look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTc...36TmtcBOvlSGLw

The only DIY video I have is from about 5 years ago and is related to changing brake pads on a GSXR. No BMW related DIY videos unfortunately. I recorded a DIY install process for the BBK but never put it to YouTube because it didn't turn out right. Truth be told, most of my videos are just Autobahn pulls, documenting ///M Flight events, a video showing my SC install process, dyno runs and tunnel pulls, and maybe some track footage. I'm not big on talking in front of the camera so I tend to shy away from it. However when I feel the need to kick my YouTube channel into high gear and try to make a business out of it, I will be sure and make some vlogs and talk people's ears off for 10+ minutes every other day.*

Oh, here's a DIY thread I did on fuel tank breather valve replacement, since you are concerned with my contributions to DIY's and helping out the BMW community.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1273927

Now that we got that out of the way (why did you want to compare yourself to me again?) let's make it clear that your videos don't bother me one bit. Truth is, I watched 45 seconds of one of them and got bored, so I turned it off and never looked back (just wasn't my cup of tea, personally). So in reality I'm quite indifferent toward the content you put out. I will say that the production of your videos, while still amateur are rather well put together in the notion that you take time to editing them and making them appeal to the masses. You get an A for effort in that department. My shit videos? I just throw them together from GoPro footage I collect at car events and when I hit milestones with my M3 (such as installing my SC). If people want to watch them, great, if not? Whatever. In other words, my videos aren't necessarily geared toward the viewer, where I can tell that yours are. I make a little intro and run some cheap credits in mine, sometimes throw in some background music as filler, and that's it. You make a huge production out of your videos and advertise them on here every single time you put out something new. What I am getting at with all this, is that I don't honestly care if people watch my videos. I do them for me, because I genuinely enjoy it, and I monetize them, because if I am going to take the time to make them and throw them on YouTube for other people to enjoy should they choose to do so, I should be able to make a few bucks off of them, right? You on the other hand are gearing your videos toward a monetary profit (I can tell by your production and the way you advertise them in here, plus whatever other countless forums you probably post them on as soon as they finalize on YouTube). Maybe you want to be like Vehicle Virgins, The Stradman, Rob Dahm, Peter Beattie, Doug Demuro or any of the other big name automotive vloggers? If so, good on you, but I will tell you that your material isn't good enough for that level of subscription or viewers, so keep trying and don't give up yet. You will make it big and be able to quit your day job in no time.

All I have ever said in response to your videos (and my only complaint about your posts) is that you appear to have NOTHING TO OFFER THIS FORUM except "hey guys, here is my latest and greatest video, now go watch it so I can collect that Google Adsense paycheck. Kthanx! Have a nice day!". The catchy thread titles, the little one or two liner quips about the video content, and the blatant YouTube video embedded right in the middle of the OP..It's the same shit over and over, hence my "not again" comment. Try posting a DIY thread that doesn't already exist, answering questions, asking questions, socializing, spreading your knowledge, joking around, being personable and making connections that can carry over into your real life (not e-thug life). You have been here for over 4 years and have 23 rep points and 206 posts. You should have more to show for the last 4 years than wasting the forum bandwidth with stupid videos like your oh so popular "Do BMW's really get you girls" (btw, did you copy that from Doug Demuro?) in hopes of gaining views and subscribers to supplement your income. I especially liked your "10 things I hate about my M3" video, which is a blatant ripoff of Vehicle Virgins. You're one step above a scam artist to me in the sense that you have an account on here just in hopes of making a paycheck, and you have nothing else to offer us. If you take a look at your thread history, you took a long break posting from 2014 to 2016, and literally every single thread you have posted since your return earlier this year (about 20 or so) is you promoting one of your videos. You're using these forums to gain subscribers. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides the fact that it's getting annoying and redundant, I don't really care what you do.

Last edited by Rat3d ///M; 09-09-2016 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

MFL

What do you think? Airbags safe?
      09-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #10
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 COUPE

Safety first.... Drag race a 370Z on a public road, not once, not twice, but three times.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFishy
Safety first.... Drag race a 370Z on a public road, not once, not twice, but three times.
Lol!
      09-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
OK, I did as you suggested. The first time he was depressed but vowed to do better on the second go round. The second one was precipitously worse and he grew more despondent almost to tears. He swore an oath to the automotive gods that if they let him win, he would be a better man. Unfortunately he lost by more on the third time and is now in the psychiatric hospital. Remind me again why you suggested I torment this poor chap?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #13
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing
Quote:
OK, I did as you suggested. The first time he was depressed but vowed to do better on the second go round. The second one was precipitously worse and he grew more despondent almost to tears. He swore an oath to the automotive gods that if they let him win, he would be a better man. Unfortunately he lost by more on the third time and is now in the psychiatric hospital. Remind me again why you suggested I torment this poor chap?
There was no suggestion.
Appreciate 0