BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Mporium BMW

08-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Nice, so what you think of the game? You try the multiplayer? Somehow I still haven't managed to get the game .
havn't got a chance to try multiplayer yet...

overall meets what I'm looking for when I got the game, but be ready to downtune the resolution when you are stuck at some action scenes (like smashing the melee button to fight off Alma)....otherwise u'll get killed all the time or being stuck when the elevator door closed after u fought off alma and got no where to go...
      08-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #46
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
havn't got a chance to try multiplayer yet...

overall meets what I'm looking for when I got the game, but be ready to downtune the resolution when you are stuck at some action scenes (like smashing the melee button to fight off Alma)....otherwise u'll get killed all the time or being stuck when the elevator door closed after u fought off alma and got no where to go...
Ah that's cool, some people said the game was a disappointment compared to the demo. Were the scares good?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #47
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Ah that's cool, some people said the game was a disappointment compared to the demo. Were the scares good?
the scares are not as good as the first one...well...probably after the first, and the expansion pack...we are all used to the way Alma and all the ghosts scares....well...the elementary part was kinda good scare....rattling student lockers....hhahaha...

i guess a lot of gamers are picky so they expects nothing but the best from the game....well....i'm less picky and kinda enjoy the game...except the parts where i'm stuck and fustrated and had to look on forums....
      08-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #48
951's 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 95 RB-S14

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
the scares are not as good as the first one...well...probably after the first, and the expansion pack...we are all used to the way Alma and all the ghosts scares....well...the elementary part was kinda good scare....rattling student lockers....hhahaha...

i guess a lot of gamers are picky so they expects nothing but the best from the game....well....i'm less picky and kinda enjoy the game...except the parts where i'm stuck and fustrated and had to look on forums....
Lol. Yea some people are just too dam picky. But overall i think this game was great. Still play it.

Now to answer questions about the multiplayer. I havent played it in a while, but, when i did play it, i have to be real honest, the connection/server was complete shit. Even in games with like only 8 people, everyone was getting kicked off. Hopefully they fixed that, but yea that was back then

It is fun to play though dont get me wrong or anything, just the whole connection problem is a real pain in the ass. I think i might play it when i get back

2006 E90-Running like brand new again. Take that insurance company
95 S14-Sold
95 S14 Rb25det-Vrom Shhh
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951's 330i View Post
Lol. Yea some people are just too dam picky. But overall i think this game was great. Still play it.

Now to answer questions about the multiplayer. I havent played it in a while, but, when i did play it, i have to be real honest, the connection/server was complete shit. Even in games with like only 8 people, everyone was getting kicked off. Hopefully they fixed that, but yea that was back then

It is fun to play though dont get me wrong or anything, just the whole connection problem is a real pain in the ass. I think i might play it when i get back

I would doubt there's any fix on it...i don't even know if there's a patch to fix the few in-game-resolution-related glitches...that's the ONLY major complaints....

the game run itself was pretty good....enemies are getting better on hiding and getting covers...as well as throwing grenades to flush you out!!!
      08-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #50
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Most second games end up sucking compared to the first one. Your right about other people being picky. They community just want everything to be easy, so then the game doesn't really hold. Kind of like what happened with Morrowind and Oblivion

The scares in the first one were just amazing, even in the expansions they were great. It's good about the AI getting better, they were pretty good in the first one as well.

The online on the first one wasn't really that bad connection wise, but their were a lot of glitches. Especially with the melee, you could run insanely fast and end up hitting them from life 30ft away. Then just about every server had a hacker in it. That's what pretty much ruined it.
Appreciate 0