BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

08-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #23
Visceral
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M track mule, cars n bikes

And the 700/1000 springs may just be transferring compliance into the subframe. The Powerflex look like less metal than stock, but I don't know how stiff "80 durometer" is and it its worth the labor of dropping the subframe for. At least I'd feel more comfortable with the likelihood of noise from changing out the diff mount bushings to powerflex as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #24
Visceral
Lieutenant
Rep

I should also be clear that I'm a crappy enough driver that no one will ever protest my near-last results in local Pro-Pax competition.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #25
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I don't think the subframe cares what springs are on the car, it moves fore/aft, side-to-side depending on how much load you're putting into the rear suspension through the tires and drivetrain, it won't deflect more unless you're cornering or accelerating or braking harder in other words
      08-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #26
Visceral
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I don't think the subframe cares what springs are on the car, it moves fore/aft, side-to-side depending on how much load you're putting into the rear suspension through the tires and drivetrain, it won't deflect more unless you're cornering or accelerating or braking harder in other words
My thought would be that stiffer springs increases deflection of the subframe bushings under high cornering, accel, or bump loads.
Appreciate 0