BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #45
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

...Some say.. Model 3 drivers, are the new BMW drivers..
      05-31-2019, 08:19 PM   #46
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post
I think they are the new version of the typical Audi customer.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:26 AM   #47
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I heard nothing . And suddenly it was out of sight !

Tesla S..............
Yeah, that was me...Sorry, had I known it was you I would've waved as I flew past...
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #48
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post
I think they are the new version of the typical Audi customer.
I think that's the new Mercedes driver. I had a C300 with a AMG license plate frame wanting to play games on the highway. Once I had a clear stretch, I dropped it a couple of gears and waved goodbye. I think he thought the AMG license plate frame added 200 hp.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
Ashm3_uk138.50
      06-02-2019, 02:12 AM   #49
M3anest
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhhhris.92 View Post
I live in SoCal and I'm always getting cases like this. As for me it's always other bimmers like 328's, single cab trucks, 350z's, mustangs or camaros. Usually they're pretty respectful, i could tell they'll do it for shits and giggles and we'll end up giving a thumbs up in the end.

Only time I'll actually put people in their place is when I've seen them cutting me or other cars off driving like idiots. Every time this happens I always see them dogging me down after
You pretty much stole the words right from my mouth. Real enthusiasts always give a thumbs up as respect. One thing that is really annoying in my area is STi drivers, they always need to be put in place. It's like anyone who buys an STi thinks they're the fastest driver on the street.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #50
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Well... something very strange occurred in the freeway at around 11 pm.. saw a old e30 non m.. looked a bit beat up but not all to bad.. paint was definetly crying out for help but that's beside the point.. as I'm coming up to it and SLOWLY passing it.. I had absolutely no intentions of racing him I simply was casually passing by driving around 70 mph or so on a 65.. I peak over as I'm passing and the guy has the middle finger up showing me the bird...

I was truly thrown off and confused big time, not sure what I did : .... and then he proceeded to high beam...

Anyone have any clues as to what this guy was smoking ?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #51
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I think that's the new Mercedes driver. I had a C300 with a AMG license plate frame wanting to play games on the highway. Once I had a clear stretch, I dropped it a couple of gears and waved goodbye. I think he thought the AMG license plate frame added 200 hp.

It doesn't? Hmmm....perhaps I better get rid of the two extra M buttons I added...
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #52
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Well... something very strange occurred in the freeway at around 11 pm.. saw a old e30 non m.. looked a bit beat up but not all to bad.. paint was definetly crying out for help but that's beside the point.. as I'm coming up to it and SLOWLY passing it.. I had absolutely no intentions of racing him I simply was casually passing by driving around 70 mph or so on a 65.. I peak over as I'm passing and the guy has the middle finger up showing me the bird...

I was truly thrown off and confused big time, not sure what I did : .... and then he proceeded to high beam...

There's two answers to your query:
1) Since it was in SoCal, the middle finger is a way of saying "hello, how are you"
2) Since marijuana is now legal in CA, it's most likely a cartridge of some high THC sativa/indica hybrid...
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
There's two answers to your query:
1) Since it was in SoCal, the middle finger is a way of saying "hello, how are you"
2) Since marijuana is now legal in CA, it's most likely a cartridge of some high THC sativa/indica hybrid...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #54
Mpower04
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Not in my M3 but in my daily (stock 335i). Sitting in traffic and saw one of the first gen s197 mustang GTs with a fobra badge in the grille creeping up in the next lane letting traffic get ahead and I knew he was about to do something stupid. Sure enough, he stops right next to me and proceeds to do a burnout.

E92 M3 Build | E70 X5M Build
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #55
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:

I think this might have happened to me as well one time or so in the past. I think this guy is the type that just gets pissed at people driving a shiny newer car vs. his refurb. You would think if they were a BMW enthusiast they wouldn't do this but I think these type of drivers aren't really enthusiasts and pride themselves more on getting a good deal on a used car and trying to fix it up.

I think you will see similar types that buy 510s and give the finger to fellow 350Z/350Z drivers. Penis envy comes in all forms and discrimination.
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1859.50
      06-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #56
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Quote:

I think this might have happened to me as well one time or so in the past. I think this guy is the type that just gets pissed at people driving a shiny newer car vs. his refurb. You would think if they were a BMW enthusiast they wouldn't do this but I think these type of drivers aren't really enthusiasts and pride themselves more on getting a good deal on a used car and trying to fix it up.

I think you will see similar types that buy 510s and give the finger to fellow 350Z/350Z drivers. Penis envy comes in all forms and discrimination.
Yeah, I thought it may have been due to jealousy but I find that pretty shameful to be honest. If that were the case everyone would be going around flipping everyone off with nice cars.. or maybe they do haha. In any case I was minding my own business, it would be one thing if I had tried to egg on a car that I knew I could smoke aka bullying but that definetly wasn't the case..
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      06-25-2019, 12:53 PM   #57
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
Just sayin', but I think your cousin is fibbing because there would be no reason for a Tesla owner with Ludicrous mode to be embarrassed by a revving CTS-V.

An '11 CTS-V runs about 4.1 seconds to 60mph and about 12.3 in the 1/4 mile.

The oldest/cheapest Model S with Ludicrous mode is the P90D and does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 10.8 in the the 1/4 mile.
I think you misunderstood. I didn't say he raced him and won. I know that the Tesla would smoke him. My cousin was playing around with the guy by asking him to rev his battery after the Tesla owner was boasting about how fast his car is. Get it?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #58
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I got smoked by a Kia Sorrento with a K&N intake.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #59
tubedreamer
Private
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2008 SSII 6MT E90

Unless you have a supercharger, keep in mind the E90 is not a drag car. Lack of low rpm torque means most minivans get a jump on me.

Daily driving 0-30 or 0-60 with a stock manual car, you can't really outrun many new cars out there, especially the turbo or electric ones. E90's power is more at home on the track or autobahn, 40-100 mph, and where cornering speed helps. I think the E90 is known for being a fantastic drift car (see top gear or 5th gear reviews) with it's fine throttle control and weight balance as opposed to a drag racer.

and I can't rev it unless I'm warmed up, which is like 10 minutes, by which time I'm already on the highway and halfway to my destination...
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1859.50
      06-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #60
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedreamer View Post
Unless you have a supercharger, keep in mind the E90 is not a drag car. Lack of low rpm torque means most minivans get a jump on me.

Daily driving 0-30 or 0-60 with a stock manual car, you can't really outrun many new cars out there, especially the turbo or electric ones. E90's power is more at home on the track or autobahn, 40-100 mph, and where cornering speed helps. I think the E90 is known for being a fantastic drift car (see top gear or 5th gear reviews) with it's fine throttle control and weight balance as opposed to a drag racer.

and I can't rev it unless I'm warmed up, which is like 10 minutes, by which time I'm already on the highway and halfway to my destination...
None of that stoplight drag race matters when you quickly realize your M3 looks way more exotic then whatever is trying to race you.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:32 PM   #61
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Back when the Ford GT came out, I was 16 or 17 and had a convertible Mustang GT automatic. What’s that, like 217 HP of fury? I was the bee’s knees and had the top down loaded with my buds when we saw one at a Chili’s during one of our town scans with a new license. The owner was getting into it to head home, so I naturally pulled in to a nearby spot to give him the authoritative rev of approval. I thought I put it in neutral, but evidently left it in “D.”

Two for one that day. Took out my dignity AND one of those parking curbs held in by rebar.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50