BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #23
MOVEMNTS
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i, 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacileoM3 View Post
Just got my 08 M3 Black on Black 6 Speed car. It currently sits at 84,xxx Miles. Has had extensive service history Throttle Actuators and all other basic service items. This vehicle is my weekend car, but I do also agree on the ROD bearings. Mine haven't been done, but I plan to probably have them done sometime in the summer/fall of this year- it's cheap insurance. Just sent in a Blackstone sample so I'm going to try and get an idea of where I am. I understand the 2011-2013 cars can be a little harder to gauge from an oil analysis due to the different bearing material the rod bearings were constructed with (not copper like earlier models)
Quote:
Just got my 08 M3 Black on Black 6 Speed car. It currently sits at 84,xxx Miles. Has had extensive service history Throttle Actuators and all other basic service items. This vehicle is my weekend car, but I do also agree on the ROD bearings. Mine haven't been done, but I plan to probably have them done sometime in the summer/fall of this year- it's cheap insurance. Just sent in a Blackstone sample so I'm going to try and get an idea of where I am. I understand the 2011-2013 cars can be a little harder to gauge from an oil analysis due to the different bearing material the rod bearings were constructed with (not copper like earlier models)

Congrats on the purchase! Yea, had my mechanic do an inspection yesterday and everything looked good. So I may as well just bite the bullet and get the sample tested. Also, just noticed I'm missing my splash guard, so I was thinking of replacing it with the aluminum one from tuner motorsports. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...m3-skid-plate/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #24
PacileoM3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEMNTS View Post
Congrats on the purchase! Yea, had my mechanic do an inspection yesterday and everything looked good. So I may as well just bite the bullet and get the sample tested. Also, just noticed I'm missing my splash guard, so I was thinking of replacing it with the aluminum one from tuner motorsports. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...m3-skid-plate/
Thank you! I have seen the Turner Skid plate/Splash guard. It is a really nice piece. From what I understand the factory guards get pretty mangled on these cars. The previous owner actually replaced mine last year, so I'm guessing it was in pretty poor shape before. If I ever have to cross that bridge, I will be buying the Turner plate also
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #25
MOVEMNTS
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i, 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I have seen the Turner Skid plate/Splash guard. It is a really nice piece. From what I understand the factory guards get pretty mangled on these cars. The previous owner actually replaced mine last year, so I'm guessing it was in pretty poor shape before. If I ever have to cross that bridge, I will be buying the Turner plate also
Quote:
Quote:

Good stuff!
Appreciate 0