BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

08-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
E90Dave
Daily Dose of Reality
Rep
Drives: 2008 loaded DCT M3 MINT

TC Kline DA Coilovers initial impressions...

I purchased me 2nd E92 M3 roughly 3 weeks ago - and remembered from my last one (6 months ago) that it was lacking in two departments -

Power
Suspension/chassis control

So first step was to put a SC on, check. All done and tuned. Runs great, perfect amount of power, little traction issues, this is what I like!

Next thing to do was to help this incredible awesome and balanced chassis rotate and move better - get rid of the floaty stock EDC dampers!

So I find this very nice gentleman here named Wayne selling a set of TC Kline DA coilovers with camber plates that are barely used.

We meet up, do the exchange and off I go to AutoCouture Motoring in NJ for install/alignment.

We ran into an issue - The shocks and part numbers were to an E46 M3. E46 M3 shocks don't fit an E92 M3. It's a different mounting point, etc.

So after some frustration and phone calls, we learn from TCK himself that they DO in fact also go on the E92 M3, by cutting the shock bushing in half.

Voila - it worked.

I had them set up the car on the stiffer side, but not quite track ready.

Also, they did a great alignment with -2* of camber, allowing my tire to bite hard into the asphalt when turning and maximizing that contact patch.

Well, wow! Now I remember how good and comfy Koni shocks feel and they handle incredibly well.

Floatiness is gone, roll is gone, transitions are FAR better (but could still use a LITTLE work) and my corner exit and entry speed has definitely increased.

Good job ACM, thanks Wayne, thank you TCK, and thank you M-gods!
2003 Quad Cab Silverado 1500 - Beast truck
2013 Audi RS5 - the "shared" DD
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Glad you liked them!

I'm selling a set of TCK DA for the E9X as well!
Appreciate 0