BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

01-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' F80 M3 ZCP

Thumbs down GTM Challenge - Not delivering. No response to E-mails

My friend and I ordered 2 X Pipes worth $2750 from GTM Challenge on 1st December 2014.

We were told it will be a 3 weeks production. After deducting a 2 weeks shut down as told by GTM Challenge we are now into the 5th Week Production.

Our E-mails go unanswered and this is despite the fact that GTM is active and posting on forum.

1st December 2014
- Order placed.

4th December 2014 - Payment Confirmed received by GTM Challenge and X pipes placed in Production.

29th December 2014 - Request Status Update No. 1 from GTM Challenge. No Response.

31st December 2014 - Change of delivery address. GTM replied factory is shut down and x pipes are not ready.

2nd January 2015 - Request status of X pipes No. 2 No Response.

7th January 2015 - Request status of X pipes No. 3. GTM Responded Production shut down between 24th Dec-5th Jan. Was told by GTM they will receive updates from production by 7th Jan 2015. No response from GTM that day.

12th January 2015 - Requested Status of X pipes No. 4 and told GTM they have exceeded the 3 weeks quoted time and if they can't deliver, we want a refund.

12th January 2015 - GTM told us they were only 3rd week production and were due to pick up exhaust 16th January.

12th January 2015 - I requested how GTM derive that 12th January was only 3rd week production.

12th January 2015 - GTM said funds cleared into their account on 4th December and production started. Factory is closed between 24th Dec-5th Jan for holidays.

13th January 2015 - I did a break down of time line. I am being generous here by discounting thursdays and fridays.

Week 1 - 8th Dec - 14th Dec
Week 2 - 15th Dec - 21st Dec
Week 3 - 22nd, 23rd Dec - 6th Jan - 12th Jan
Week 4 - 12th Jan - 16th Jan

GTM did not respond.

20th January 2015 - Request status of X pipes No. 5. No response from GTM.

We are now into Week 5 of production and it is apparent GTM has no intention of responding to our E-mails as they are actively posting in forum.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=23

After a quick search, it is apparent that we are not the only ones experiencing the same issues with GTM Challenge.

What is our legal recourse in getting our money back ? Any help greatly appreciated !
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
B73M
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Greg,

As you know we are eagerly waiting for the X pipe to arrive, don’t mind can you pls update us on the order status? Preferable a definite delivery date.

We have already paid for our purchase in due diligence, without any doubts in GT Motoring.
its now your responsibility to update us on our orders.

Very much appreciated.

Last edited by B73M; 01-21-2015 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

For less than 1/2 the cost, you could've had a competent exhaust shop fab one up in 1 day!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
I just sent greg a message. hopefully that helps you guys out
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Hi,

I sent you a reply a few days ago informing you we were picking up some finished parts this week. Also I have been in constant contact with you by email many times over the weeks. As you know your orfer was placed before the holidays when the factory was closed for 2 weeks basically.

I'm currently traveling for business and only just saw this now after a customer let me know.

If you wish to cancel the order it is no problem to refund you if you like upon my return Saturday.

I'll send you an email as well to follow up once I get a moment

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Hi,

I sent you a reply a few days ago informing you we were picking up some finished parts this week. Also I have been in constant contact with you by email many times over the weeks. As you know your orfer was placed before the holidays when the factory was closed for 2 weeks basically.

I'm currently traveling for business and only just saw this now after a customer let me know.

If you wish to cancel the order it is no problem to refund you if you like upon my return Saturday.

Thank you.
I sent you a reply a few days ago informing you we were picking up some finished parts this week.

That reply was sent on 12th Jan 2015. It wasn't a few days ago. It was more than a week ago. Both you and I have the E-mail correspondence to prove it.

Also I have been in constant contact with you by email many times over the weeks.

Did you respond to my E-mail on 7th Jan when you said you will hear from Production that day ?

How about 13th and 20th Jan ? If you did, please post a screen shot of your replies.

As you know your orfer was placed before the holidays when the factory was closed for 2 weeks basically.

The funds cleared into your account on 4th December 2014. I factored in your factory shutdown period between 24th Dec - 5th Jan. After deducting 2 weeks of shut down you are still into Week 5 of Production.

If I had factored in the 2 weeks of holidays, this week would have been Week 7 of Production.

Before purchase, you had told us production will take 3 weeks.

We want to know what is going on. Since you can't reply via e-mails, reply on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #7
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
I just sent greg a message. hopefully that helps you guys out
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

I told you I can email you today yet and will do so. I don't have access to all my emails here so I can't tell you when I last emailed exactly. Point is, you weren't being ignored on purpose by any means. My last email the night of the 12ty have you our estimated pick up date. Your reply just laid out the time table only.

As mentioned if you are unhappy with the timetable being exceeded we can refund you with no problem

I'll email you shortly as I mentioned

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 01-21-2015 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #9
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I told you I can email you today yet and will do so. I don't have access to all my emails here so I can't tell you when I last emailed exactly. Point is, you weren't being ignored on purpose by any means. My last email the night of the 12ty have you our estimated pick up date. Your reply just laid out the time table only.

As mentioned if you are unhappy with the timetable being exceeded we can refund you with no problem

My Timetable is a break down for you to see that you have exceeded your originally quoted 3 weeks fabrication time.

We want to know what is going on with our X pipes and if you have no intention on delivering the X pipes then give us our money back.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
My Timetable is a break down for you to see that you have exceeded your originally quoted 3 weeks fabrication time.

We want to know what is going on with our X pipes and if you have no intention on delivering the X pipes then give us our money back.
Please email me back as it's hard to check the forum as I have my phone only. I emailed you a few hours ago letting you know I did quote you in the email end of last week our estimate and we can refund your order if the wait is not acceptable

I will refund your order in full when I return to the office if that's what's needed. There was never any intention to not ship you product so there is no need to even claim that as I've kept in contact with you be email for updates as available. I've already said in writing on a few occasions we can refund you if needed and to assume or accuse we would just stiff you is otherwise is uncalled for

Please reply to my email and we can do as you please. This is my last posting here on this topic

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:17 AM   #11
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Please email me back as it's hard to check the forum as I have my phone only. I emailed you a few hours ago letting you know I did quote you in the email end of last week our estimate and we can refund your order if the wait is not acceptable

I will refund your order in full when I return to the office if that's what's needed. There was never any intention to not ship you product so there is no need to even claim that as I've kept in contact with you be email for updates as available. I've already said in writing on a few occasions we can refund you if needed and to assume or accuse we would just stiff you is otherwise is uncalled for

Please reply to my email and we can do as you please. This is my last posting here on this topic

Thank you
For the record, you said you don't have access to all your e-mails. Fine we talk on forum.

Now you ask me to email you as apparently its hard to check the forum.

We are back to E-mails now.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #12
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Email Sent: 22nd Jan 2015

Greg,

This would be the 2nd time I'm asking you on forum and on E-mail, what is going on with our X pipe ?

You kept saying you have replied to us on Forum and on E-mail but you have not answered our question. What is going on with our X pipes ?

E-Mail Received: 22nd Jan 2015

Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office 1/21 - 1/23 for attendance of a trade show. I will return to the office on Monday 1/26. I will have limited email access while traveling but will do my best to reply promptly upon my return Monday.

Regards,

Greg
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #13
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
For the record, you said you don't have access to all your e-mails. Fine we talk on forum.

Now you ask me to email you as apparently its hard to check the forum.

We are back to E-mails now.
I meant I cannot see all my old emails on my mobile since you mentioned old emsils etc . Not that I cannot get email. I also emailed you this morning at 10am and also told you here that email is easier. The Internet is spotty here, especially on websites with images loafing etc. I also have you a date we will fill the orfer by or refund you in full. Please email me back. I saw no reply today from you. If you're posting here I may not even see it until much later.

Again, email is best.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #14
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

E-mail Received: 23rd Jan 2015

As you know I am out of the office until this weekend for business travel. Internet is spotty here. If the part is not complete by Monday when I am back a the shop I will refund you in full. Fair enough?

E-mail Sent: 23rd Jan 2015

Greg,

We will give you till Monday, 26th Jan with the following conditions.

1) X pipes have to be shipped out by 26th Jan, before 5PM Chicago time.

2) Provide Tracking Number and Documents to show the X pipes have been picked up by freight to us on 26th Jan.

If you are unable to meet both conditions by Monday 26th Jan, we have no interest in waiting any longer and we want a full refund immediately.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #15
habs13
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 E90

I have also ordered an x pipe from GTM Challenge and still have not received it. I placed my order before thanksgiving and still have not received the x pipe and nor has it even been shipped yet. I have also had difficulty getting in contact with these guys. They rarely respond to my emails. Will never be doing business with them again.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs13 View Post
I have also ordered an x pipe from GTM Challenge and still have not received it. I placed my order before thanksgiving and still have not received the x pipe and nor has it even been shipped yet. I have also had difficulty getting in contact with these guys. They rarely respond to my emails. Will never be doing business with them again.
Befgore Thanksgiving? Wow, there's no excuse for that.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
B73M
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

GTM, If you can't deliver as promised, refund us.
Don't understand what so difficult in updating us promptly via email. Most of us use smartphones to repond to emails all the time.
You don't want your company reputation to go down at the start of 2015.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your order was placed and was quoted that it was not in stock and there would be a minimum few weeks build time to fill the order ( I dont have the quote in front of me ) I believe you and I spoke on the phone this past Monday or Tuesday before I left out of the office as well as a number of emails including the one that was confirmation of your change of shipping and update request which I answered promptly.

I will follow up later today with you was well to make sure my most recent email made it to you as I am back in the office today.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #19
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B73M View Post
GTM, If you can't deliver as promised, refund us.
Don't understand what so difficult in updating us promptly via email. Most of use smartphones to repond to emails all the time.
You don't want your company reputation to go down at the start of 2015.
I already replied to Irwin on Thursday about what were are doing on this as well as he posted my reply above. I HAVE replied to emails as you can see and Irwin even posted above. If I need to CC you on an email to make sure he kept you in the loop please PM me your email and I will do so.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #20
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I already replied to Irwin on Thursday about what were are doing on this as well as he posted my reply above. I HAVE replied to emails as you can see and Irwin even posted above. If I need to CC you on an email to make sure he kept you in the loop please PM me your email and I will do so.
Greg,

You replies are meaningless.

You replies does not give us any information on the status of the X pipes.

You have till today, 5pm Chicago local time to produce a tracking number that indicates our x pipes have been picked up. We are not interested in a void tracking number.

If you are unable to provide us a tracking number that shows our x pipes have been picked up, we want our full refund back.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #21
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanksgiving ? Did Greg quote you 3 weeks like he quoted us ?

And we thought we were the only ones.

Look at the threads below.

13th August 2013 - GT Motoring Delays - What can I do???

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872671

9th May 2012 - GTM/ GT Motoring / Challenge product delays

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688811

15th Feb 2013 - Seriously, Never Buy from GT Motoring......

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804039

15th August 2012 - GTMotoring....GO ELSEWHERE!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731668

We need to start posting printscreens of our e-mail correspondence with Greg to show his potential customers what he really meant by "I have been in constant contact with you by email many times over the weeks."

I mean does a reply to our replies to show everyone Greg replied count as a reply ?

This whole purchase experience has been nothing but utter disappointment.

Last edited by M3 Pilot; 01-26-2015 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #22
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Again, why wait for something that can be made in one day, on the car for 1/2 the price? You guys have the patience of Saints!
Appreciate 0