BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

12-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Anyone has experience with AWE tuning?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been to AWE tuning in Philly for tuning or service before? If yes, how was it?

I'm planning on installing Ohlins R/T+ vorshlag camber plates for my m3, just trying to hear some options.

Thanks.
      12-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

I've never been but they are pretty big in vw/Audi community
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3
I've never been but they are pretty big in vw/Audi community
Yeah, their website looks pretty professional. You in the Philly area? Any Indy shop recommendations?
      12-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

No I'm in NY but what you need done is pretty simple
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3
No I'm in NY but what you need done is pretty simple
Yeah it's not complicated, but I've been looking for a decent shop for a while. I just don't any noise or whatever after the installation..
      12-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
Tom@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80-BG,E90-JB,C5 Z06,E36 M3-TV

OP, AWE is great company and well capable of installing the suspension for you. As a master ohlins dealer ourselves the setup and install is not complicated but very detail oriented. Most camber plates out there though will make some type of noise from time to time, depending on what style top hat or pillowball style mount they are using. Feel free to reach out with questions you might have - Tom@autocouturemotoring.com
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #7
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@AUTOcouture
OP, AWE is great company and well capable of installing the suspension for you. As a master ohlins dealer ourselves the setup and install is not complicated but very detail oriented. Most camber plates out there though will make some type of noise from time to time, depending on what style top hat or pillowball style mount they are using. Feel free to reach out with questions you might have - Tom@autocouturemotoring.com
Thanks for the tip!
      12-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
Tom@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80-BG,E90-JB,C5 Z06,E36 M3-TV

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
I've used AWE on and off since 2000 for the VWs I've owned. They are decent guys and will do what they can for you, but they are really not a repair shop. They have not been dealing with BMWs for all that long either. Personally, I would rather buy my stuff from them and take it elsewhere for the install. I have not used them personally, but Autobahn Motorsports is near them and all they do is repair work, supposedly mostly on BMWs. Supposedly their guys are BMW-trained technicians.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #10
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel
I've used AWE on and off since 2000 for the VWs I've owned. They are decent guys and will do what they can for you, but they are really not a repair shop. They have not been dealing with BMWs for all that long either. Personally, I would rather buy my stuff from them and take it elsewhere for the install. I have not used them personally, but Autobahn Motorsports is near them and all they do is repair work, supposedly mostly on BMWs. Supposedly their guys are BMW-trained technicians.
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated. what I'm looking for is not repair work but it's not hard either. I've decided to go to Bimmerworks in west Chester.