BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
Joshman73
Rep
Drives: m3

Ericsson Amuse Install, Gaskets and Hardware

Picked up a full header back titanium exhaust used out here in Hawaii. Anyone know the part numbers or types of gaskets/hardware needed for install? Can't find any installation info - but figure it's pretty straightforward.

I'm guessing the flanges all just bolt up with quality nuts and bolts (I see copper nuts on ECS - not sure if that's a go to for some reason (part # 18301737774 & 18307620549). What's the standard spec for mating exhaust flanges? Grade 8 - stainless, m10 size? - Not sure if the Ericsson Amuse flange gaskets are standard sizes -type? I'm guessing I need to replace the header to midpipe gasket (x2) - see part#11-62-7-830-668?

Any help would be appreciated - I heard putting heat on the pipe for O2 sensors help to break them loose. Otherwise remove stock - bolt up new?

I'm not sure if I'm going to run into any fitment issues I believe this was off an e92 - going on e90 , might be a little long?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

you'll want to get the midpipe gaskets. other than that, you should already have everything to mount the exhaust. i didn't need any heat for my o2 sensors.

i'm not sure why you're trying to buy all kinds of nuts and bolts... it should just press into the existing rubber and hang. take the brackets off the car to manipulate the rubber.
also, get a set of mechanic goggles that seal to your face. those midpipe gaskets are flaky and you don't want that shit in your eyeballs.
      03-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #3
Joshman73
Rep
Drives: m3

Talking about the flange to flange connections - I, believe it's mid pipes - cats - xpipe - then muffler so those 6 connections I have no hardware + to the stock header (I'm guessing those bolts can be re-used).
Appreciate 0